Windows 10: Setting default app for irc protocol

Discus and support Setting default app for irc protocol in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Hey everyone, I have a problem that shouldn't be that hard to solve but I just can't figure it out. I want to set Hexchat as default app... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/globuZ, Jun 18, 2020.

1. /u/globuZ Win User

Setting default app for irc protocol

Setting default app for irc protocol ubdXH7FZs8LQljJU26na2OOaqh2OUprYcMHJ7jIubPE.jpg

Hey everyone,

I have a problem that shouldn't be that hard to solve but I just can't figure it out.

I want to set Hexchat as default app for opening irc protocols at win 10. Current default app is edge but in settings the only listet app is edge, even though Hexchat is properly installed. So, my question is: Is there any other way to set the default app or get Hexchat on the list?

Thanks for your help in advance.

sorry for german language

submitted by /u/globuZ
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/globuZ, Jun 18, 2020

2. Change protocol handler to desktop app (like mapping URL:IRC to mIRC)

I'm trying to change the IRC protocol handler

Below is a solution for Windows 8. A similar/identical procedure should work for Windows 10.

Warning:

The instructions below contain steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly.

Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs.

For more information see How to back up and restore the registry in Windows.

Changing the IRC protocol association on Windows 8

Solution:

Source Changing the IRC protocol association on Windows 8

DavidPostill, Jun 18, 2020
  3. 1803 bug: No option to add new file types nor protocols for default applications in Settings App

Everyone can change a default app. This is about creating a new file type or protocol for a default app. Your suggestion and the issue are different things.

Look at the screenshot, imagine there is a protocol URL:000 that isn't in the list... how are you going to add URL:000 to the list?

Kev Feathers, Jun 18, 2020
  4. Setting default app for irc protocol

Cannot set "Calendar" as default app

Hi J.C.Coelho,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 Technical Preview is much appreciated.

I would suggest you to try the below steps and check whether you are able to make the Calendar as default.

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on System.
    • Select Default apps from the left pane.
    • Click on Choose default app by protocol at the bottom.
    • Select the Calendar and choose an app.
    Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Annu Singh, Jun 18, 2020
Thema:

Setting default app for irc protocol

1. Setting default app for irc protocol - Similar Threads - Setting default app

2. Choose default apps by protocol in registry

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Choose default apps by protocol in registry: HelloI would like to change the default apps by protocol in the registry.These are following protocols that need to be changed in registry- SIP- SIPS- TELWhere are they in the registryRegardsJuan...
  3. Choose default apps by protocol in registry

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Choose default apps by protocol in registry: HelloI would like to change the default apps by protocol in the registry.These are following protocols that need to be changed in registry- SIP- SIPS- TELWhere are they in the registryRegardsJuan...
  4. Choose default apps by protocol in registry

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. FTP protocol default app

FTP protocol default app: I can type an FTP address in to the address bar on File Explorer, log in and use the service. What I want is to set it as default, so when I click an FTP link File Explorer opens it. If I try to set the default app in Windows I am only offered browsers, none of which work. I...
  6. FTP protocol default app

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    FTP protocol default app: I can type an FTP address in to the address bar on File Explorer, log in and use the service. What I want is to set it as default, so when I click an FTP link File Explorer opens it. If I try to set the default app in Windows I am only offered browsers, none of which work. I...
  7. FTP protocol default app

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Default app for URN protocol

Default app for URN protocol: Hello, I faced a problem with opening links with URN suffix. Whenever link is being open it asks to select a default app for urn file type and then is unable to find any in MS Store. I have tried setting it to Chrome different ways, but none worked at the end: - tried...
  9. "I can't find my app to set default app by protocol in Windows 10 setting"

"I can't find my app to set default app by protocol in Windows 10 setting": Let me explain detail my problem following- I am Network Engineer. So that's why, When I using the lab in EVE-ng and I want to be open my Xshell application as default console app but I can't set my xshell app into choose default app by protocol about URL: Telnet, URL: ssh...
  10. Unable to change default app by protocol or filetype.

Unable to change default app by protocol or filetype.: We use Bluebeam to open pdf files. The .pdf file is associated with this program, so if I double click on a .pdf file, it opens with this program. However: If I make hyperlinks in Excel to .pdf files, and I click on the hyperlink, it opens with Adobe Acrobat Reader DC. If I...