Windows 10: setting default apps from command line?

Discus and support setting default apps from command line? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; in win7, after installation and setting the correct file associations, the correct program would start upon double clicking in win10 however, it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by biatche, Oct 14, 2015.

1. biatche Win User

setting default apps from command line?

in win7, after installation and setting the correct file associations, the correct program would start upon double clicking

in win10 however, it popups wanting you to set a ?default app?. ive seen this happen for klite codec pack, firefox, utorrent

i do unattended installations so i hope its possible to programmatically select default apps.

:)

biatche, Oct 14, 2015

2. How can I get back my file associations after Creators update?

Hi,

The Default Apps setting is not exclusively new to Windows 10. To address your concern, follow these steps to configure which programs open which files, links, and protocols in your Windows 10 device:

• Press the Windows key.
    • Click on Settings.
    • In Settings, click on the System icon, and scroll down to
      Default Apps in the left-hand side menu.
    • On the Default Apps window, you can customize the applications that you want to set as a default app.
    • Click on Choose default apps by protocol.
    • Under Choose default apps by protocol window, you can customize
      the commands that you would want routed to Windows applications.
      Examples of protocol configurations include actions like a specific keyboard command launching into the Windows Search feature, links that contain content from
      MSN channeling into Windows apps.
    If further assistance is needed, don't hesitate to reply on this thread.

Darleen Pen, Oct 14, 2015
  3. Chrome opens automatically after start/rebooting on Win10

What are you talking about? There is no command line! Just go into the settings than default apps and change the default browser. Piece of cake.

TimRippelmeyer, Oct 14, 2015
Thema:

setting default apps from command line?

1. setting default apps from command line? - Similar Threads - setting default apps

2. Command line commands

in Windows 10 Customization
    Command line commands: I would like to create a shortcut on the desktop using a command in a .bat file. I would like to specify what icon file to use, what program to execute, and the parameters to pass to the program. I have researched MKLINK but I don't think it will do the job. Any...
  3. Windows 10: Command line apps will soon launch in Terminal by default

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10: Command line apps will soon launch in Terminal by default: Windows Terminal has been around for a while now and it basically allows users to create multiple tabs for different command-line tools on Windows 10. For example, you can use Terminal to access the Command Prompt or PowerShell at the same time and switch between the tools...
  4. Command Line

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Command Line: I am attempting to copy and entire directory from one HDD to another, by keep getting an error of "Invalid umber of parameters." The file path to the Directory is as follows: G:\Users\USERNAME\Desktop\OLD OS FOLDER The destination folder is C:\OLDOS Can someone PLEASE...
  5. Command Line

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Command Line: My command line shows a different name when im the only user on the pc. submitted by /u/Fuadop [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hv4f7i/command_line/
  6. Command line to wake up the default Printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Command line to wake up the default Printer: Hello, we have an application that performs printing, after some time the printer stops printing, the system only works again when we print a test page. We have already removed the echo and suspend option, but after a few minutes, when we try to print again, the file enters...
  7. Command Line

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Command Line: Hello sir. I am using windows 10 64bit. Earlier the netsat command use to work but it doesnt work now. whenever i try this command it displa an error. C:\>netstat 'netstat' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file. i have tried...
  8. Running a Command Line Command From a File Automatically

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Running a Command Line Command From a File Automatically: I have the following commands which need to be run in the command line: sc.exe config wuauserv start= disabled sc.exe stop wuauserv I want to create a file which, when launched, opens the command line, sends the above commands to the command line, and then closes the...
  9. Opening windows store apps from command line

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Opening windows store apps from command line: How do I open windows store apps like Hulu from the command prompt? 44674
  10. PowerShell PackageManagement (OneGet) - Install Apps from Command Line

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    PowerShell PackageManagement (OneGet) - Install Apps from Command Line: How to: PowerShell PackageManagement (OneGet) - Install Apps from Command Line [img] Note If you are not familiar with package managers I recommend you read first the short Chocolatey package manager tutorial at our sister site Windows Eight Forums as an introduction to...