Windows 10: Setting default save location?

Discus and support Setting default save location? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a friend who is asking me for some help with her computer. It's a fairly basic issue but I'm afraid I don't know the answer so I thought I'd try... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by RhinoCan, Apr 9, 2016.

1. RhinoCan Win User

Setting default save location?

I have a friend who is asking me for some help with her computer. It's a fairly basic issue but I'm afraid I don't know the answer so I thought I'd try here.

Some of her programs are saving to OneDrive, otherwise known as The Cloud. She strongly prefers to save to her own computer. I'm not sure which program(s) are doing the saving; I think she might have said that Excel was one of them but I could be wrong and there may be others.

Is there any setting in Windows 10 that would effectively tell *all* programs to save to the hard drive by default? (That should be a *reversible* option, of course, in case she ever changes her mind.) Or even a setting to not show OneDrive as one of the options?

:)

RhinoCan, Apr 9, 2016
  2. Alden Rey Win User

trying to change my save as default setting

Thank you for your response. If you have any other concerns, don't hesitate to reach out.

Regards.

Alden Rey, Apr 9, 2016
  3. Tobs2999 Win User
    trying to change my save as default setting

No longer a problem thank you.f

Tobs2999, Apr 9, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

Each time you want to save something, there is a Save As option.
    Clicking at the Save As option will let you navigate to the location you want to be saved at.

davidhk, Apr 9, 2016
  5. RhinoCan Win User
    Thank you. I'm aware of Save As. I'm trying to find a way of ensuring that my friend - or any of the programs she uses - doesn't automatically save to OneDrive as a default. If OneDrive was removed as an option altogether, that might be even better, provided it can be made an option again later if she changes her mind.

I realize that she can (probably) override the choice of storage location in her program somehow but she's an elderly woman who isn't very computer savvy so I think it would be easier for her if she could ensure in advance that her files were going to be saved to her hard drive rather than having to remember to manually change the save location from OneDrive to the local hard drive every time.

RhinoCan, Apr 9, 2016
  6. davidhk Win User
    davidhk, Apr 9, 2016
  7. RhinoCan Win User
    Thank you! That's much more what I was hoping to find! Setting default save location? :)

I can help her with these steps; that's not a problem.

RhinoCan, Apr 10, 2016
  8. davidhk Win User

You are welcome.

davidhk, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Setting default save location? - Similar Threads - Setting default save

2. Default save location

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Default save location: Question in the image. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/default-save-location/78159927-885e-4c2d-96b4-2630a5117bb2
  3. Default Save As Location

Default Save As Location: Greetings-Would like to know how to change the default Save As location for Windows 10 File Browser. Currently it is set to the Downloads folder but I like to expedite everything from my desktop to an external drive so I readily know where files are located.I had previosly...
  4. set your default save location.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    set your default save location.: We couldn’t set your default save location.The operation did not complete successfully. Try again in a bit.The error code is 0x80070005, in case you need it.I have tried a lot of things but nothing will work I'm trying to download some Xbox games. but it wont work on my...
  5. set your default save location.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    set your default save location.: We couldn’t set your default save location.The operation did not complete successfully. Try again in a bit.The error code is 0x80070005, in case you need it.I have tried a lot of things but nothing will work I'm trying to download some Xbox games. but it wont work on my...
  6. set your default save location.

7. Default SAVE location

Default SAVE location: I am sick and tired of OneDrive. I go look for a document and can't find it on my PC because Excel or Word saved it to OneDrive How do I stop ANY programs WORD, EXCEL, OUTLOOK, PDF editors, any from saving to OneDrive? I want the documents on my PC, not a OneDrive folder....
  8. Cannot set default save location.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot set default save location.: I tried to innstall forza 4 from xbox app on windows 10 on my G: drive and it said that i had to change the default save location for games so i press it and chose the G: drive for apps and it said i had to delete other apps so i pressed yes. i then said that i cant set my...
  9. How to set default save locations

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to set default save locations: How to set oe change default save locations MS Win 10 e.g. Pictures & Documents https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-set-default-save-locations/33862145-e205-4325-baa6-eab1f26c22b6
  10. Default save location

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Default save location: I have a small SSD holding my OS, and a large HDD for everything else. I am trying to change the default install path to my storage drive, but when I go to settings, system, storage, I am unable to change the default install path to my storage drive (F:). Everything else...