Windows 10: Setting default shape with “Snipping Tool”

Discus and support Setting default shape with “Snipping Tool” in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Im just changing over from Windows 7 to Windows 10. One of my favorite Apps is the Snipping Tool. Is there a way to set your preferred (default)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by B in Philly, Sep 10, 2019.

1. Setting default shape with “Snipping Tool”

Im just changing over from Windows 7 to Windows 10. One of my favorite Apps is the Snipping Tool.

Is there a way to set your preferred (default) shape / Mode in Windows 10? Seems like a few extra unnecessary clicks for a basic operation.

Thank you!

:)

B in Philly, Sep 10, 2019
  2. Iancovici Win User

Is there a way to apply shapes and text in Windows Snipping Tool?

Windows Snipping tool drawing and delay features are great, but I often find myself trying to write on snips, and drawing arrows.

So from time to time i'm forced to copy paste to Microsoft power point, turning this into a two program step.

Is there a way to enable shapes, and text in snipping tool, or some sort of plug in?

Iancovici, Sep 10, 2019
  3. snipping tool

Your post is unclear. Please post a step-by-step description of what you are doing, e.g. like so:

• Open the snipping tool
    • Click "New"
    • etc.

Frederik Long, Sep 10, 2019
  4. Debbiehyg Win User

Setting default shape with “Snipping Tool”

Snipping tool - change default back to save as jpg.

On a new computer with Windows 10, the snipping tool's default is to save as a png file. I save all my snips as jpg files. It is a pain to have to change each one I save. Is there a way to change the default to save as jpg. I have looked to try to
    change the default settings, but snipping tool is not on that list.

Debbiehyg, Sep 10, 2019
Thema:

Setting default shape with “Snipping Tool”

1. Setting default shape with “Snipping Tool” - Similar Threads - Setting default shape

2. What the hell is wrong with the default snipping tool?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What the hell is wrong with the default snipping tool?: I literally couldn't even try including a screenshot if I'd like to since it wouldn't even capture the whole issue. I've reinstalled the snipping tool just last week, and it was working fine again until today. Whenever I'm trying to screenshot a game NOT THE MAIN DESKTOP, it...
  3. What the hell is wrong with the default snipping tool?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What the hell is wrong with the default snipping tool?: I literally couldn't even try including a screenshot if I'd like to since it wouldn't even capture the whole issue. I've reinstalled the snipping tool just last week, and it was working fine again until today. Whenever I'm trying to screenshot a game NOT THE MAIN DESKTOP, it...
  4. Can the default settings for automatically saving screenshots in Snipping Tool be changed...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can the default settings for automatically saving screenshots in Snipping Tool be changed...: I know an individual user can change the automatic saving of screenshots using Snipping Tool from on to off. However, can an organisation using MMDs change the settings so that it defaults to off for all users?...
  5. Can the default settings for automatically saving screenshots in Snipping Tool be changed...

Can the default settings for automatically saving screenshots in Snipping Tool be changed...: I know an individual user can change the automatic saving of screenshots using Snipping Tool from on to off. However, can an organisation using MMDs change the settings so that it defaults to off for all users?...
  6. Arrow and Shapes in Snip & Sketch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Arrow and Shapes in Snip & Sketch: Dear MS Team,I have been adding feedback for more than 2 years asking for enhancement in Snip & Sketch tool, our team is using the third-party tool only due to these missing Arrow and shapes in Snip & Sketch.It is really difficult to use a third-party tool and additional...
  7. Arrow and Shapes in Snip & Sketch

Arrow and Shapes in Snip & Sketch: Dear MS Team,I have been adding feedback for more than 2 years asking for enhancement in Snip & Sketch tool, our team is using the third-party tool only due to these missing Arrow and shapes in Snip & Sketch.It is really difficult to use a third-party tool and additional...
  8. Changing the default attachment extension for the snipping tool

Changing the default attachment extension for the snipping tool: After making a new snip with the snipping tool you can send to an email recipient with the image as an attachment. By default this attachment is a jpg. Is there any way to change the extension so the attachment is always a specific extension? Thanks 120098
  9. Snipping tool not using default mail client

Snipping tool not using default mail client: Hi, On my Win 10 laptop, when I use snipping tool and try to send the file to someone with email via snipping tool's built in -file-send to-email recipient option, snipping tool tries to send it through outlook 2016 even though my default mail app is set as "Mail" app. What...
  10. How to make snipping tool default to new snip

How to make snipping tool default to new snip: Hello, Just upgraded to Win 10 from Win 7. I am trying to like it *Smile. One of the annoyances I've found so far is the snipping tool. When on Win 7, when I did my shortcut keys to open it, it would automatically go into snipping mode so I could just move my mouse to...