Windows 10: Setting default storage from Drive C to Drive D does not work

Discus and support Setting default storage from Drive C to Drive D does not work in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My default storage ARE ALL set to Drive D but Windows 10 is still automatically saving EVERYTHING in Drive C. I am not sure why this is happening.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Xannero Jona Rosabar, Sep 3, 2021.

1. Setting default storage from Drive C to Drive D does not work

My default storage ARE ALL set to Drive D but Windows 10 is still automatically saving EVERYTHING in Drive C. I am not sure why this is happening. Please HELP.

:)

Xannero Jona Rosabar, Sep 3, 2021

2. Can´t change the default storage drive.

Hello.

I changed the default storage drive (from C: to DSetting default storage from Drive C to Drive D does not work :) in "Settings>>System>>Storage, however the Windows continues to install all apps in C: drive. Any suggestion?

HelderCardoso_0707, Sep 3, 2021
  3. cblur77 Win User
    Netflix will only install to C drive (even when D drive is set to default)

I originally installed Netflix on my SSD C drive, but started running out of space. I switched my storage options to default to saving apps on the D drive, then uninstalled and reinstalled the app. I've been able to successfully save other apps on the D
    drive, but Netflix seems to keep downloading back to the C drive. I've tried deleting temporary files and restarting prior to downloading the App, but it continues to keep going for the C drive. What am I missing?

Thanks for the help

cblur77, Sep 3, 2021
  4. Setting default storage from Drive C to Drive D does not work

Switch Default Drive from C: to D:

Hi there,

I recently purchased a new computer where the hard drive is partitioned into a smaller C drive which is just a boot drive and larger D drive which is meant for everything else. I am having trouble because the C drive is the default drive for installation
    of new programs, saving user files, etc. but my C drive does not have sufficient space for this. While some programs allow me to choose an alternative address for installation, other programs do not and just use the default drive.

I have tried switching the default under Setting/System/Storage, but the problem persists. I also tried manually editing the program directory via Regedit, but this just caused problems when trying to install new programs as the installations would crash.

I would be very grateful for any advice anyone can offer.

Thanks!

ShamilaCharania, Sep 3, 2021
Thema:

Setting default storage from Drive C to Drive D does not work

1. Setting default storage from Drive C to Drive D does not work - Similar Threads - Setting default storage

2. D drive Storage moved to C drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    D drive Storage moved to C drive: My G drive 195 GB is totally free. If I try to copy any files to the G drive it showing not enough space cause my c drive has only 25 Gb free. Anything I try to copy in Disk 0465 GB- D, E, G Volume takes spaces in the C drive. There is a video also.What can I do now?? Disk...
  3. D drive Storage moved to C drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    D drive Storage moved to C drive: My G drive 195 GB is totally free. If I try to copy any files to the G drive it showing not enough space cause my c drive has only 25 Gb free. Anything I try to copy in Disk 0465 GB- D, E, G Volume takes spaces in the C drive. There is a video also.What can I do now?? Disk...
  4. D drive Storage moved to C drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Cloning to an E drive from C drive but not D drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cloning to an E drive from C drive but not D drive: I want to clone my C SSD drive to my larger E SSD drive. My issue is when I open up Macrium to start the process my C drive SSD and D drive HDD both appear to be chosen for cloning. Both drives have system folders on them but my D drive is huge and I don't need to clone it. I...
  6. How to Switch Default Drive from C: to D:

How to Switch Default Drive from C: to D:: Hello, A while back my friend built a pc for me with a hard drive of about 230 gb. After a while I bought a 1tb hard drive and never got around to properly switching everything. Its connected and I have a few folders in it. Recently I ran out of storage on my c: drive and...
  7. C drive and D drive

C drive and D drive: Hi, I was looking through my files and found my brother's files on my D drive. I asked him to move it to C drive so that it wouldn't appear on my D drive, but when I checked my C drive, he's files were there. I share a laptop with my brother and have our own accounts. Is the...
  8. C drive to D drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    C drive to D drive: So for some reason with this new PC, all of my applications and files were downloaded to my C drive automatically, when I wanted them in the D drive. So i took all of the files in the C drive and copy-pasted them to the D drive, then uninstalled everything from my C drive...
  9. Storage Settings not working with my (D:) drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Storage Settings not working with my (D:) drive: i would like to use the storage function, under system in settings on windows 10. when displaying the primary drive (C:), the function works normally and displays the amount of storage and what it is used for. when i try to use this for the (D:) drive however, none of the...
  10. How to change file path from C drive (OS) to D drive (storage)

in Windows 10 Support
    How to change file path from C drive (OS) to D drive (storage): I have just bought a dell inspiron operating with windows 10. The default settings were to save files to the C drive which was home to apps, general settings etc. I want to be able to save all my files, photos, music etc to the D drive which is 1TB of storage. I have tried...