Windows 10: Setting defaults by app

Discus and support Setting defaults by app in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I need help to understand how do set ALL supported file formats to associated app. In Settings > Default Apps > Defaults by app > APP > Manage I get... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Anakunda, Dec 15, 2017.

1. Anakunda Win User

Setting defaults by app

I need help to understand how do set ALL supported file formats to associated app.
    In Settings > Default Apps > Defaults by app > APP > Manage I get overlong list of file formats, most of them unassociated.
    I don't find any method how to select them all and assign them to this App. In Windows 8.x it worked this way I have detailed list with sorting and multiselect capabilities. That list in Windows 10 is dummy and unable to assign other way than selecting App from drobdown for each format. Is that smarter list from Windows 8 really gone?

:)

Anakunda, Dec 15, 2017

2. Setting Defaults in Calendar App

Hi James,

Thank you for reaching out to us. You can check and review a solution posted by Slow Joe from one of our advance support site that was marked as answer if the solution will be good for your issue as well. You can check the details on this

link

We will wait for your your response.

Regards.

Leviozar Gam, Dec 15, 2017
  3. JamesJoey Win User
    Setting Defaults in Calendar App

Is there a way to set the defaults for event in the Calendar app.

I'd like to have the Reminders set to None on new events.

James

JamesJoey, Dec 15, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Setting defaults by app

Brink, Dec 15, 2017
  5. Anakunda Win User
    Thanks Bring, option 6 was my situation. Option 7 was what I actually needed. It still works in build in build 1709.

Anakunda, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Setting defaults by app

1. Setting defaults by app - Similar Threads - Setting defaults app

2. Unable to set a default browser in Default Apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to set a default browser in Default Apps: Hello,I am unable to choose a default browser in my case I am trying to set Microsoft Edge as a default browser in the 'Default Apps' in Windows 10It was earlier set to Google Chrome. I also reset the 'Microsoft Recommended Defaults' but Windows 10 still cannot the attach...
  3. Unable to set a default browser in Default Apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to set a default browser in Default Apps: Hello,I am unable to choose a default browser in my case I am trying to set Microsoft Edge as a default browser in the 'Default Apps' in Windows 10It was earlier set to Google Chrome. I also reset the 'Microsoft Recommended Defaults' but Windows 10 still cannot the attach...
  4. Unable to set a default browser in Default Apps

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Unable to set a default browser in Default Apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Unable to set a default browser in Default Apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Setting a Default App . . .

Setting a Default App . . .: My computer, is a Dell laptop. Running, Windows 10 Pro. The browsers, I have installed are: 1. Internet Explorer 2. Google Chrome 3. Mozilla Firefox 4. Comodo IceDragon Everything, I open. Movies email, etc. Uses, Internet Explorer. I don't even like,...
  8. Default app settings

Default app settings: Hi, Can someone help with the following please? I have Adobe Acrobat Pro DC installed on my computer, which has more features than Acrobat Reader. Every time I start the computer I have to choose this programme as default app for pdf files, and every time I shut down the...
  9. Default Apps settings

Default Apps settings: I was able until recently in Win 10 to send documents from within various Apps (Word, Excel, Acrobat, etc) using the "send Mail" feature incorporated in those Apps. Now I cannot do it and I get an error message telling me that they cannot connect to my mail server. I have...
  10. default app setting

default app setting: Good day ! I am unable to set Google Chrome as a default browser on my PC with windows 10. Is automatically set to Microsoft Edge and all attempts to change it to other type are in. Please help me to resolve this issue. Regards, J.M.Bhuskute...