Windows 10: Setting defaults in Windows 10

Discus and support Setting defaults in Windows 10 in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I believe that I have MS figured out. There is something inWindows 10 that I thought was a bug. I discovered today that is not a bug, butit’s the way... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Frank1, Aug 20, 2015.

1. Frank1 Win User

Setting defaults in Windows 10

I believe that I have MS figured out. There is something inWindows 10 that I thought was a bug. I discovered today that is not a bug, butit’s the way that MS wants it. *Eek I have not been that happy with Windows Edge soI used IE as my default browser and I set everything so that my default browserwas indeed IE. But whenever I click on a link it asks me if I want IE or Edge.No matter how many times I set it as IE to be the default. Today I decided togive Edge another try, so I set things up so that Edge is indeed the default.Guess what. It no longer asks if I want Edge it automatically opens Edge as thedefault.

:)

Frank1, Aug 20, 2015

2. Setting Defaults in Calendar App

Hi James,

Thank you for reaching out to us. You can check and review a solution posted by Slow Joe from one of our advance support site that was marked as answer if the solution will be good for your issue as well. You can check the details on this

link

We will wait for your your response.

Regards.

Leviozar Gam, Aug 20, 2015
  3. JamesJoey Win User
    Setting Defaults in Calendar App

Is there a way to set the defaults for event in the Calendar app.

I'd like to have the Reminders set to None on new events.

James

JamesJoey, Aug 20, 2015
  4. labeeman Win User

I use Firefox and set it as default and it never prompts me for what to use. I guess M$ is going to do away with IE soon.

labeeman, Aug 20, 2015
  5. Frank1 Win User
    I wonder if anyone else has run into the same issue as I have.

Frank1, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Setting defaults in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Setting defaults

2. default setting change for Microsoft Windows 10 documents. How do I change the default...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    default setting change for Microsoft Windows 10 documents. How do I change the default...: Easy fix automatic would NOT change my word documents files ACCIDENTALLY converted to Internet Explorer file in Windows 10. I cannot open the Windows 10 documents saved in Internet Explorer 10 on my PC Desktop Suggestions?.. beyond Microsoft's suggestions?...
  3. How to set default save destination for “microsoft print to pdf”?

How to set default save destination for “microsoft print to pdf”?: How do i set default location everytime print to pdf is clicked? I do not want to have the save as prompt coming up as im trying to automate saving internet explorer webpage using powershell....
  4. How to set the MS Launcher as default in my Amazon Fire HD 8?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to set the MS Launcher as default in my Amazon Fire HD 8?: I would really appreciate the answer to this :) Thanks a bunch guys! Stay safe. DPC 152704
  5. How do I set my default email to Hotmail?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I set my default email to Hotmail?: How do I set my default email to Hotmail? when I go to defaults there is no email icon to click on https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-set-my-default-email-to-hotmail/1b1b09ab-12a2-4e11-85be-075d27e5fdad
  6. How to - Set facial recognition as DEFAULT sign-in option in Windows10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to - Set facial recognition as DEFAULT sign-in option in Windows10: Facial recognition is set up- But the password box always shows up and I need to click pin or facial manually. How do I set a default login for facial recognition? It worked before but som HP preinstalled **** f.... it up....
  7. Outlook 365 - Can't select From email account or set default signature

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook 365 - Can't select From email account or set default signature: Greetings, Specs: Win 10 Pro x64 - Version 1909 - Build 18363.720 Office 365 / Outlook - Version 2003 - Build 12624.20176, Monthly Channel (Targeted) Everything was running fine with my O365 Business Premium and its Outlook program on my Win10 PC until this morning when I...
  8. No sound comes through Xbox One controller even though its set as the default playback device

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No sound comes through Xbox One controller even though its set as the default playback device: So what happened was that I plugged in some headphones into the controller when while playing a game. It was a little loud so I pressed the dedicated button for lowering the volume in windows on my keyboard. But when I did that, the volume did not get lower gradually like it...
  9. How do you set thr default setting for the Preview Pane

How do you set thr default setting for the Preview Pane: The Preview Pane window seems to letter size. If a view a larger document, I can only see the top left corner. When I try to zoom out, the window gets larger, but the document doesn't change. Used to be able to see the whole document....
  10. Setting Default Web Browser on Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Customization
    Setting Default Web Browser on Windows 10 Pro: I am unable to set change the default web browser on my lap top running Windows 10 Pro, I am logged in with Admin rights. If i go to settings in Google Chrome web browser and select Make Default Windows settings home page comes up a nothing else happens. If i click the start...