Windows 10: Setting defaults in Windows 10

Discus and support Setting defaults in Windows 10 in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I believe that I have MS figured out. There is something inWindows 10 that I thought was a bug. I discovered today that is not a bug, butit’s the way... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Frank1, Aug 20, 2015.

1. Frank1 Win User

Setting defaults in Windows 10

I believe that I have MS figured out. There is something inWindows 10 that I thought was a bug. I discovered today that is not a bug, butit’s the way that MS wants it. *Eek I have not been that happy with Windows Edge soI used IE as my default browser and I set everything so that my default browserwas indeed IE. But whenever I click on a link it asks me if I want IE or Edge.No matter how many times I set it as IE to be the default. Today I decided togive Edge another try, so I set things up so that Edge is indeed the default.Guess what. It no longer asks if I want Edge it automatically opens Edge as thedefault.

:)

Frank1, Aug 20, 2015

2. Setting Defaults in Calendar App

Hi James,

Thank you for reaching out to us. You can check and review a solution posted by Slow Joe from one of our advance support site that was marked as answer if the solution will be good for your issue as well. You can check the details on this

link

We will wait for your your response.

Regards.

Leviozar Gam, Aug 20, 2015
  3. JamesJoey Win User
    Setting Defaults in Calendar App

Is there a way to set the defaults for event in the Calendar app.

I'd like to have the Reminders set to None on new events.

James

JamesJoey, Aug 20, 2015
  4. labeeman Win User

I use Firefox and set it as default and it never prompts me for what to use. I guess M$ is going to do away with IE soon.

labeeman, Aug 20, 2015
  5. Frank1 Win User
    I wonder if anyone else has run into the same issue as I have.

Frank1, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Setting defaults in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Setting defaults

2. Settings/Apps/Default Apps/by file type is broken.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Settings/Apps/Default Apps/by file type is broken.: I can't change the default file for opening PDF files. For some reason, WhatsApp is set as the default, and I can't change it. I can open the files one at a time by right clicking. I'm running Windows 10. My default browser is Edge. I wouldn't even mind if I had to use Edge...
  3. Settings/Apps/Default Apps/by file type is broken.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Settings/Apps/Default Apps/by file type is broken.: I can't change the default file for opening PDF files. For some reason, WhatsApp is set as the default, and I can't change it. I can open the files one at a time by right clicking. I'm running Windows 10. My default browser is Edge. I wouldn't even mind if I had to use Edge...
  4. Settings/Apps/Default Apps/by file type is broken.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. New sneaky Windows driver UCDP stops non-Microsoft software from setting defaults

in Windows 10 News
    New sneaky Windows driver UCDP stops non-Microsoft software from setting defaults: Microsoft has integrated the driver userChoice Protection Driver, short UCPD, into Windows 10 and Windows 11 systems recently. This driver has just one purpose: to block access to UserChoice Registry keys. These Registry keys define the default programs on the system. There...
  6. PLEASE, change from the default setting!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PLEASE, change from the default setting!: Tip: You are strongly urged to change this default setting, in Windows 11, of "Anywhere" to the following...Cheers,Drew https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/please-change-from-the-default-setting/40c9d10f-dbe9-4d53-a141-87db0b1bd9dc
  7. PLEASE, change from the default setting!

PLEASE, change from the default setting!: Tip: You are strongly urged to change this default setting, in Windows 11, of "Anywhere" to the following...Cheers,Drew https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/please-change-from-the-default-setting/40c9d10f-dbe9-4d53-a141-87db0b1bd9dc
  8. How To Set .JPG as a default when saving screenshot taken via snipping tool

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How To Set .JPG as a default when saving screenshot taken via snipping tool: How To Set .JPG as a default when saving screenshot taken via snipping tool, I want JPG instead of .PNG https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-set-jpg-as-a-default-when-saving-screenshot/5ed679e1-6459-4e2e-bf38-c5dcc0d24d6e
  9. How To Set .JPG as a default when saving screenshot taken via snipping tool

How To Set .JPG as a default when saving screenshot taken via snipping tool: How To Set .JPG as a default when saving screenshot taken via snipping tool, I want JPG instead of .PNG https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-set-jpg-as-a-default-when-saving-screenshot/5ed679e1-6459-4e2e-bf38-c5dcc0d24d6e
  10. How to set default keyboard language to be different than default Windows language

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to set default keyboard language to be different than default Windows language: This was no problem with Windows 10, but I cannot seem to figure out how to do it in Windows 11. I want my Windows 11 language to be completely in English as default. But I need my keyboard by default to be Danish. However, I also need to have the English keyboard installed...