Windows 10: Setting different language for different applications on Windows 11

Discus and support Setting different language for different applications on Windows 11 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I am using 4 different languages on my Windows system. Under Settings/Time & Language/Typing/Advanced Keyboard Settings, in the part called Switching... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Jerry_D, Jan 14, 2022.

1. Jerry_D Win User

Setting different language for different applications on Windows 11

I am using 4 different languages on my Windows system. Under Settings/Time & Language/Typing/Advanced Keyboard Settings, in the part called Switching input methods, I have selected the option Let me use a different input method for each app window. But where and how do I then select within each of the apps the language that I wish to use? Is it on the app level or can it also be set on the level of a particular file open in that app, e.g. can I have one language for one document in Excel and another for others? And is it possible to make it stick so that the next time I open that same app

:)

Jerry_D, Jan 14, 2022

2. Settings different language for different applications on Windows 10.

Hi Eva,

Multiple language installation is possible in Windows 10. Downloading and installing multiple languages will enable you to use the same on the required applications installed on the computer.

Before we assist further, when you say “In the old version of Windows”, which version are you referring to?

It is not possible to set different languages for different applications on Windows 10. You may download and install different language packs and switch between the languages required while working on a particular application on
    the computer. An easy way to switch between the installed language packs is to press/hold
    Windows logo + Space bar on the computer.

Write to us with the status of setting different language for different applications on the computer in the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Jan 14, 2022
  3. Settings different language for different applications on Windows 10.

Original Title: Setting language independently in different apps

Hi,

In the old version of windows it was possible to set different languages for different apps (I mean French for Word and in the same time English for Chrome, and Hungarian for Excel). Now if I change the keyboard layout for Word, it changes globally, for
    all the programs I use, so every time I swith between the apps I have to change the keyboard layout too.

Is there any possibility to set the language independently for each app I use?

Thanks, Eva

EvaSzaboLZ, Jan 14, 2022
  4. Setting different language for different applications on Windows 11

Settings different language for different applications on Windows 10.

From Make Language change specific to window/app
    not whole system

Here are the setting to make language input application-specific in Windows 10:

Start > Settings > Time & Language > Region & language > Additional date, time & regional settings > (under Language) Change input methods > Advanced settings > (under switching input methods) Let me set a
    different input method for each app window

Good job Microsoft, I don't think you could have hid this any better Setting different language for different applications on Windows 11 :p

Lev Strelnikov, Jan 14, 2022
Thema:

Setting different language for different applications on Windows 11

1. Setting different language for different applications on Windows 11 - Similar Threads - Setting different language

2. Typing a different language in Windows 11 single language

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Typing a different language in Windows 11 single language: Can I add a language pack in Windows 11 single language so that I can type in another language? For example can I add the Japanese language pack to be able to type in Japanese, if I use Windows 11 single language English?...
  3. Typing a different language in Windows 11 single language

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Typing a different language in Windows 11 single language: Can I add a language pack in Windows 11 single language so that I can type in another language? For example can I add the Japanese language pack to be able to type in Japanese, if I use Windows 11 single language English?...
  4. Different languages

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Different languages: Issue: I added a second language. When I try to download the "Basic typing" or "Speech" package, it starts downloading and after 5 sec comes up with error code "0x800F0950"...
  5. Different languages

Different languages: Issue: I added a second language. When I try to download the "Basic typing" or "Speech" package, it starts downloading and after 5 sec comes up with error code "0x800F0950"...
  6. Setting different language for different applications on Windows 11

Setting different language for different applications on Windows 11: I am using 4 different languages on my Windows system. Under Settings/Time & Language/Typing/Advanced Keyboard Settings, in the part called Switching input methods, I have selected the option Let me use a different input method for each app window. But where and how do I then...
  7. Is it possible to set different default printers on two different applications on windows?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to set different default printers on two different applications on windows?: I want to set printer 1 as my default for my Adobe application and printer 2 as my default for MS Word. Is this possible? submitted by /u/Raidho27 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kn9sr6/is_it_possible_to_set_different_default_printers/
  8. Windows settings in different language.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows settings in different language.: When I changed the Russian language to English there still settings are on Russian. Is there a way to fix it? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-settings-in-different-language/78752d18-7f24-4686-91d4-9253623e7658
  9. Different language in different apps

in Windows 10 Customization
    Different language in different apps: Hi, I just bought a computer and I noticed that some apps appear in a different language than the one I had set it up with. I speak 2 languages, spanish and korean, the computer is in spanish and I noticed that the notifications of my mail were in korean and also my...
  10. Different languages in the screen settings

in Windows 10 Support
    Different languages in the screen settings: Hallo all, after ticking various obptions, I get replies/description in both languages: [img] [img] [img] Further troubles with the language settings can be found in this thread: Outcome of PowerShell code to remove language in Windows10 - Windows 10 Forums Thanks...