Windows 10: Setting Display Resolution selectively: Possible ?

Discus and support Setting Display Resolution selectively: Possible ? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I have a program that shows an "active" screen. With my eyesight these days, a bit of a problem in reading it, due to its size. Came across a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Robert11, Sep 30, 2019.

1. Robert11 Win User

Setting Display Resolution selectively: Possible ?

Hello,

I have a program that shows an "active" screen.
    With my eyesight these days, a bit of a problem in reading it, due to its size.

Came across a good suggestion that to make it appear larger, to lower the display resolution.

Question: is this possible selectively, just for this one program and the higher
    resolution would remain for all the other programs, or it's a Global setting, an all-or-nothing ?

Any other suggestions would be appreciated.
    (There are no "handles," etc. to drag the display that is showing larger)

Thanks,
    Bob

:)

Robert11, Sep 30, 2019

2. Resolution?

Hi Ryan,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand that you want to change the screen resolution in Windows 10. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

Before we proceed, we require more information to assist you better.

• What are the options you are getting?
    • How exactly are you trying to change the screen resolution?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below to change the screen resolution.

• Right click on desktop.
    • Select Display settings.
    • Click on Advance display settings.
    • Under resolution drop down, you can select the option 1600x900.

Hope this information is helpful. For any further assistance on Windows, feel free to post your query on Microsoft Community Forum.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Sep 30, 2019
  3. Display Resolution for two monitor have different settings

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

The display resolution depends on the monitors that you have plugged into your computer. The display resolution modes will vary with each display based on the video card device, monitor size, video driver, and monitor driver.
    By default, Windows chooses the best display settings for your PC based on your monitor, so it is recommended to set the screen resolution of the display to the (Recommended) native resolution to get the best display on your monitor.

To have better clarity on the issue, let us know the model numbers of your monitors, so that we can provide you the exact display resolution which is recommended to your monitors.

Meanwhile, try the below methods and see if this helps.

Changing the Display Resolution from Settings.

Step 1: Right Click on an empty space on the desktop and click on
    Display Settings.

Step 2: In the
    Display Settings window, scroll down and click on 'Advanced display settings' option under
    Multiple displays.

Step 3: Then, click on
    Display adapter properties for Display 1, Display 2, or
    Display 3; whichever monitor you want to change the resolution for.

Step 4: Once the Display properties pops-up, click on 'List All Modes' option.

Step 5: Select a display mode that you want for the selected display and click on
    OK.

Step 6: Then, click on
    Apply and OK for the changes to take effect.

If these steps don't work, try reinstalling the driver by opening
    Device Manager, right-click on the monitor drivers, and select
    Uninstall. Restart your PC and Windows will attempt to reinstall the drivers.

Hope it helps.

Shafeeq_Khan, Sep 30, 2019
  4. Setting Display Resolution selectively: Possible ?

My PC won't let me select the correct resolution for my monitor.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern, and we in Community will try to help you in the best possible way we can.

I suggest you to check the resolution of your screen and make changes according to your requirements. To change screen resolution follow the steps below

• Go to your desktop, right-click your mouse and go to Display Settings.
    • A panel will open. Here you can adjust the size of text, apps, and other items and also change the orientation. To change the resolution settings, scroll down this window and click on Advanced Display Settings
    1366 X 768 is the recommended screen resolution

• You can change it according to your requirements.
    NOTE: Lower is the resolution, larger is the content displayed on your screen. From the available options in the drop-down menu, select the one you want and click Apply

• If it is not the optimal setting for your system, you will see an Optimal Resolution Notification
    You may ignore the notification and confirm your Screen Resolution changes by clicking on
    keep the Changes, or you may select another screen resolution. You will get just 15 seconds to confirm the changes or else it will revert to the default display settings

Also check if the drivers are up to date.

Hope the information helps, if you have any further queries, feel free to post. We are here to assist you.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Sep 30, 2019
Thema:

Setting Display Resolution selectively: Possible ?

1. Setting Display Resolution selectively: Possible ? - Similar Threads - Setting Display Resolution

2. Can't set display resolution to 1920x1080

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't set display resolution to 1920x1080: My laptop HP Probook 450 G5 uses an Intel UHD 620 graphics adapter. I connected an LG 27MP38VQ monitor to it. The resulution of both the adapter and the monitor is set to 1920x1080, yet Windows only allows up to 1366x768. As a result, the picture quality is so bad that it...
  3. Can't set display resolution to 1920x1080

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't set display resolution to 1920x1080: My laptop HP Probook 450 G5 uses an Intel UHD 620 graphics adapter. I connected an LG 27MP38VQ monitor to it. The resulution of both the adapter and the monitor is set to 1920x1080, yet Windows only allows up to 1366x768. As a result, the picture quality is so bad that it...
  4. Can't set display resolution to 1920x1080

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Is it possible to set a custom resolution on a 2nd monitor?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is it possible to set a custom resolution on a 2nd monitor?: I'm using an older TV , a Sanyo Model DP50747, and it has no settings for resolution or anything like that, and it doesn't work with anything, it cuts a few inches off of the picture on all sides, it's terrible. Anyway, I can't seem to find a way to scale the resolution down,...
  6. Setting Display Resolution selectively: Possible ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Setting Display Resolution selectively: Possible ?: Hello, I have a program that shows an "active" screen. With my eyesight these days, a bit of a problem in reading it, due to its size. Came across a good suggestion that to make it appear larger, to lower the display resolution. Question: is this possible selectively, just...
  7. how to set resolution on multiple monitor display

how to set resolution on multiple monitor display: I have multiple monitors and had difficulty in setting resolution to be the same when I am in extended view. what is the sequence of steps to accomplish this in Windows 10...
  8. windows resolution display settings

windows resolution display settings: hi, can anyone help I have been through all resolution setting including windows suggestion which is 1920x1080 and nothing seems to fit? to a look at properties, i think all seem to work there. is there some i have missed or some think blinding obvious ill be looking...
  9. Herlp setting 2 displays with different resolutions

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Herlp setting 2 displays with different resolutions: Hi I have an Acer 1440x900 @ 60Hz monitor for my PC connected by VGA to my GTX 650 - I have my LG 1920x1080 @ 60Hz (50Hz compatible) TV connected via a long HDMI cable... I currently have the displays mirrored, but the resolution on the TV is the same as the Acer (1440x990...
  10. Is it possible to display and select Win10 apps on tablet?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is it possible to display and select Win10 apps on tablet?: I would like to know if it is possible to display favorite programs I use frequently on Windows 10 to my tablet. I have a 4 monitor setup and would like to display the Start Menu on my tablet as partial control of PC. I do not want to clone a display. I do not want to use...