Windows 10: Setting Downloads to Desktop on Windows 10

Discus and support Setting Downloads to Desktop on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I just bought a new laptop that came with Windows 10 installed and now all of my downloads go to a Downloads folder. I prefer for downloads to go to my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Tempestra, Aug 28, 2019.

1. Tempestra Win User

Setting Downloads to Desktop on Windows 10

I just bought a new laptop that came with Windows 10 installed and now all of my downloads go to a Downloads folder. I prefer for downloads to go to my desktop as that is my working platform. I hate opening folders, searching through folders, looking for my downloads or having to remember the download name for easy search.

Is there any way that I can format this please? It is seeming like it's impossible but I don't want to believe that Microsoft would completely remove this option. My previous laptop came with Windows 8 and an option to install Windows 10 (which I did) so it was a strange hybrid beast.

Please help! I'm not too techy so I'm hoping for responses that do not require coding or typing funny letters in the backend of the system.

Thanks

:)

Tempestra, Aug 28, 2019

2. Windows 10 download speed issues

Try this method:
    • First of all from Start Menu, open Settings (Type settings in the search bar and it will appear).
    • locate and select “Update and Security“.
    • in this window, Locate “Advanced Options”. Click on it.
    • In Advanced Options; Click on “Choose How Updates are Delivered“.
    • Turn off Updates from more than one place.
    Your system will not work as a seeder for other Windows 10 users. It will give sudden boast to your Slow internet speed.

lorraine walsh, Aug 28, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 28, 2019
  4. Drone Win User

Download Windows 10 TH/RS

New CU for Anniversary Update. Brings system to 14393.726

KB 3216755 (January 26)

Pretty important update. Brings lots of fixes and installs without issues.

Download:

x64 [1.02 GB]

x86 [562 MB]

Addressed known issue called out in KB3213986—Users may experience delays while running 3D rendering apps with multiple monitors.
    • Addressed issue that prevents the conversion of a 24-bit image to 32 bits.
    • Addressed issue that causes the loss of Windows Firewall rules after upgrade from RTM to 1511 or 1607.
    • Addressed issue that causes a file download from a webpage to fail in Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge browsers.
    • Addressed issue that prevents the use of the Delete Browsing History feature in Internet Explorer.
    • Addressed issue that loads websites that bypass the proxy server in the local intranet zone when the Intranet Sites: Include all sites that bypass the proxy server (Disabled) is set.
    • Addressed issue where an XSS false positive prevents a webpage from loading after logging in to a site.
    • Addressed issue that prevents users from connecting to a network
    • Addressed issue that causes the Local Security Authority Subsystem Service (LSASS) to fail if Active Directory Federated Systems is using the Japanese language set
    • Addressed issue that causes System Center Operations Manager (SCOM) scenarios to fail
    • Addressed issue that prevents user-built keyboard events from working.
    • Addressed issue that causes incorrect table dimensions in SAP® applications
    • Addressed issue that overwrites a <br>element when users select a line that is enclosed by a <span> element.
    • Improved reliability of Internet Explorer, Xbox, and Skype
    • Addressed additional issues with Bluetooth, Internet Explorer, engaged reboot, clustering, Internet Explorer, Japanese Input Method Editor (IME), Windows Shell. Networking, storage, fonts, Xbox, encryption, Group Policy, Point and Print, wireless networking, virtual disk, disk operations, multimedia, Work Folders, encryption, enterprise security, deduplication, domain controllers, Audit File System, Debug Memory Manager, Virtual Machine Management Service (VMMS), Remote Desktop, Task Scheduler, Microphone Wizard, .NET, font cache, system boot, and Surface Studio

Drone, Aug 28, 2019
Thema:

1. Setting Downloads to Desktop on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Setting Downloads Desktop

2. Download windows setting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Download windows setting: Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/download-windows-setting/74313fa6-9438-470f-9087-c1deb5652db3
  3. Download windows setting

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Download windows setting: Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/download-windows-setting/74313fa6-9438-470f-9087-c1deb5652db3
  4. Desktop settings in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop settings in Windows 10: I have large pictures across my whole desktop. I used to get this view only when I hit the windows button, but now it appears all the time. Right-clicking does not show anything, let alone a resize option as it used to....
  5. BlueStacks4 downloaded on hp desktop with windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BlueStacks4 downloaded on hp desktop with windows 10: downloaded BlueStacks 4 onto computer starts to run a tiktok app but then after 2 or 3 videos it just locks up what can i do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluestacks4-downloaded-on-hp-desktop-with-windows/8472451a-53ad-4f34-ade8-ef81f6c79638
  6. Windows 10 Desktop background settings

Windows 10 Desktop background settings: In Windows 10, how can I find the file location for the photos in the desktop background slideshow? (They are my photos, not the ones that came with the computer.)...
  7. Brightness Setting Windows 10 Desktop

Brightness Setting Windows 10 Desktop: I am trying to find a way to adjust the Brightness, but I can't find it. I tried finding it in the display and in the quick action section, but they are also missing from there....
  8. No desktop icons after downloading Windows 10

No desktop icons after downloading Windows 10: Is there a fix for no hp desktop icons appearing any icons appearing on the desktop after downloading Windows 10? I tried start desktop right click checked show icons right clicked on screen couldn't find control panel though. Any free fix to download around?...
  9. Windows 10 desktop settings

Windows 10 desktop settings: How to save desktop icon positions? and how to restore them when the computer shuts down after a power surge? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/windows-10-desktop-settings/c1e01a07-1257-49af-bb06-9d267527705d
  10. Desktop is windows 7 with download of windows 10

Desktop is windows 7 with download of windows 10: Desktop Icons Will Not Open __With Double Click Of Mouse Operating system is Vista 64, Windows 7/windows 10. I cannot open any desktop icon with mouse and a right click of mouse does not open any options. I can open icons in the task bar, quick launch with mouse and a right...