Windows 10: Setting DPI through Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center

Discus and support Setting DPI through Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; submitted by /u/cherr_y [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/heohfq/setting_dpi_through_microsoft_mouse_and_keyboard/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/cherr_y, Jun 23, 2020.

1. Setting DPI through Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center

/u/cherr_y, Jun 23, 2020

2. Mouse not visible in Mouse and Keyboard Center

I use Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard and Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Mouse, The first is visible in Mouse and Keyboard Center, but not the mouse. The mouse
    does work, however one of the reasons I have chosen this particular mouse is the additional settings in Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center, which I cannot use.

I have already uninstalled and reinstalled Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center. No improvement.

The mouse is on the list of supported devices and I'm surprised by this issue as I have never heard such a problem before. It is my second Sculpt Ergonomic Mouse.

Thanks for any helpful suggestions,

Krzysztof

KrzysztofKożurno, Jun 23, 2020
  3. JimTheMM Win User
    SIdewinder Mouse NOT recognized in Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center

I have a Microsoft Sidewinder Mouse that the update intellipoint software, Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center, does not recognize.

The Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center program downloaded with no problem, but accessing the User Customized Controls is impossible in my Windows 10 .

I know my Sidewinder Mouse is using the Mouse and Keyboard Center's default settings because all the Sidewinder button's reflect a new and different control when I press the various side, scroll & DPI buttons.

The Bad is ... the program's initial Startup Screen says in effect... "Your Device cannot be found", nd will not open the program. I do NOT want the default settings

When I click on all the troubleshooting helps and links, nothing will come close to letting me open the program.

Yet on the listed supported items it shows "Sidewinder", "X3 Sidewinder " etc...

Description of my Sidewinder mouse is a Black Mouse with 2 protruding silver post-like buttons and a 3rd black flat triangular button on the left side . It also has a different "L" shaped cavitity in front of the 2 round silver left side buttons. It has
    no buttons on the Right side. All other features are the same as any other sidewinder mouse.... 3 DPI buttons Center scroll wheel & Scroll Button.

CONCLUSION :

Microsoft program the WIn 10 Mouse & Keyboard software to :

1. open regardless of what type of mouse is used !

2. Add older Gaming Mouse hardware

JimTheMM, Jun 23, 2020
  4. mariusvdm Win User

Setting DPI through Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center

Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center dont allow me to change Mouse Settings

Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center dont allow me to change Mouse Settings

I have installed the software and driver and it seems to work - but ...

The settings for the mouse are very course and the mouse jumps in large steps - instead of a smooth scroll.

The Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center - only allow me to adjust the setting for the keyboard - and I cannot find a way to adjust the settings for the mouse Microsoft Wireless Mouse 5000 V1.0.

How can I adjust the settings for the Mouse?

mariusvdm, Jun 23, 2020
Thema:

Setting DPI through Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center

1. Setting DPI through Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center - Similar Threads - Setting DPI through

2. Bug in Microsoft Mouse And Keyboard Center

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bug in Microsoft Mouse And Keyboard Center: Hello!I cannot find official bug reporting form for Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center, so maybe some MS MVP can push this to MS MKC devs to check this out:For some time I had trouble with Ctrl key "locked", but from very beginning I was somehow sure it wasn't hardware issue...
  3. Mouse and Keyboard Center not saving DPI settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse and Keyboard Center not saving DPI settings: I am running the latest version of Mouse and Keyboard Center, the device I'm having issues with is the Bluetooth Ergonomic Mouse. Whenever I set the DPI to max 2400, windows is unable to remember this setting and reverts to a lower DPI setting. I have tried to update the...
  4. Mouse and Keyboard Center not saving DPI settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse and Keyboard Center not saving DPI settings: I am running the latest version of Mouse and Keyboard Center, the device I'm having issues with is the Bluetooth Ergonomic Mouse. Whenever I set the DPI to max 2400, windows is unable to remember this setting and reverts to a lower DPI setting. I have tried to update the...
  5. Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center: Hi there I am currently working form home on a work provided computer and would like to use the keyboards and mice I currently have that are: Microsoft Bluetooth Ergonomic Mouse, Microsoft Designer Compact Keyboard and New Microsoft Number Pad. I have used them without...
  6. microsoft mouse & keyboard center

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    microsoft mouse & keyboard center: I have a Logitech wireless mouse and keyboard, so am I correct that the MICROSOFT MOUSE & KEYBOARD CENTER utility can safely be uninstalled? Thanks, Dan https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-mouse-keyboard-center/1d1eed96-6ce3-4e1a-bb00-c1728b42eb72
  7. Microsoft keyboard and Mouse center

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft keyboard and Mouse center: My old keyboard was failing, so I bought a new one. Can I export the Macros I have created and then import them for my new computer? The drop downs did not have a choice for this error, I apologize if they confuse my question....
  8. Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center Will Not Load

Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center Will Not Load: I did an upgrade from Build 18362.86 to 18894.1000. Upgrade went fine but would not load the Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center. It is a Microsoft Model 5050 keyboard. The keyboard works as far as typing but I have lost the ability to add Macros to the F keys. I have...
  9. Microsoft mouse and Keyboard center thrills

Microsoft mouse and Keyboard center thrills: I've installed (had it for several years) Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard center again today because the mouse suddenly stopped working. Anyway, the program is installed, mouse works flawlessly but I cannot actually open the program itself. I've tried running it in...
  10. Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard center

Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard center: customizable buttons/keys don't work in programs which runs under the certain conditions of compatibility modes, or if program runs with administrative privilege... making administrative privilege to "itype.exe & ipoint.exe & mousekeyboardcenter.exe" does not help... as...