Windows 10: setting email default application

Discus and support setting email default application in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Using Windows 10 with Brother MFC-J680DW printer/scanner and cannot set default email application. I've tried multiple suggestions and google to no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Buttons14, Oct 28, 2019.

1. Buttons14 Win User

setting email default application

Using Windows 10 with Brother MFC-J680DW printer/scanner and cannot set default email application. I've tried multiple suggestions and google to no avail. I use a gmail account for email.

:)

Buttons14, Oct 28, 2019
  2. JillXP Win User

email will not set as a default

I just got windows 10 and I can't get either of my 2 email accounts to set as the default. I am trying to get either Windows Mail or Windows Outlook to be my default but neither will work. I have gone to control panel, set defaults, but the only mail
    listed in the defaults list is Windows Mail. I have set it as the default but when I try to send a picture via email it tells me there is no default email account. (in the default list it shows Windows Mail as being the default mail) If I right click on
    a photo in My Pictures folder I can't use the feature there to send a photo with email either. I finally decided to open a Outlook account to see if that would work but it is not in the list of defaults to choose from. Help! I have tried for days to do
    this. The emails work good for mail but as I said, I can't send a photo.

JillXP, Oct 28, 2019
  3. Pop up : Microsoft outlook 2016 "either there is no default email client

Hi Muhammad,

It's possible that you're getting this error message because the system needs to set a default email client. Just to verify, which mail application are you using to access your email account?

In the meantime, we suggest that you set the Mail app as a default email client on your computer for us to isolate the issue further. To do this, follow these steps:

• Click on Start, search Control Panel and click the first result.
    • Select on Programs and click Default Programs.
    • Click Set your default programs.
    • In the Programs section, click on Mail and select Set this program as default, then click
      OK.
    • Close the Default Program window and check if the issue has been resolve.

We’ll keep an eye out for your response.

Genevieve Cri, Oct 28, 2019
  4. dean98 Win User

HELP - how to add Nokia Mail as default email sender - Nokia E71

Perform the following steps:

• Press Menu.
    • Select Communication
    • Select Messaging
    • Select Options
    • Select Settings
    • Select Email

Verify the Default mailbox is set for Email

dean98, Oct 28, 2019
Thema:

1. setting email default application - Similar Threads - setting email default

2. Setting up portable application as default email client? re mailto

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Setting up portable application as default email client? re mailto: It was easier to work with earlier versions of Windows for this issue; just can't figure it out this time around.I use a portable email sniffer program, predominantly, to send/receive mail.In the past, it was easy to add it as the default email program esp. with regards to...
  3. Setting up portable application as default email client? re mailto

in Windows 10 Customization
    Setting up portable application as default email client? re mailto: It was easier to work with earlier versions of Windows for this issue; just can't figure it out this time around.I use a portable email sniffer program, predominantly, to send/receive mail.In the past, it was easy to add it as the default email program esp. with regards to...
  4. Setting up portable application as default email client? re mailto

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Windows 11 default application settings.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 default application settings.: We strongly recommend that Microsoft add the default application settings for Windows 10 to Windows 11 settings!!! The default application settings for Windows 11 adopt the default application software settings scheme of the Windows 7 control panel, but do not refer to...
  6. Windows 11 default application settings.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 default application settings.: We strongly recommend that Microsoft add the default application settings for Windows 10 to Windows 11 settings!!! The default application settings for Windows 11 adopt the default application software settings scheme of the Windows 7 control panel, but do not refer to...
  7. Can't Set Thunderbird as Default Email Application

in Browsers and Email
    Can't Set Thunderbird as Default Email Application: Hi, friends! I won't belabor the fact that Microsoft has failed us regarding setting file type assignments and default applications, even with tools that calculate the correct hashes. But all I'm trying to do is to set the default email application to Thunderbird, and that...
  8. Mail application is setted as email application by default but I get a error when I try to...

Mail application is setted as email application by default but I get a error when I try to...: I need share a document file via email. I have tried share it directly with the Microsoft Office and when i click in the share option i get a message about that there is not any email application associated. So I have tried too with the File Explorer and I get the same...
  9. Set the default application of win 10

Set the default application of win 10: My pdf files are currently unable to install the open application by default, when I install Foxit Reader to open it, Windows automatically changes to Edge when I restart the computer. Please help me....
  10. Cannot set default applications

Cannot set default applications: Hi, I'm running Windows 10 1803 and am fully up to date on Windows Updates (barring the October update, of course, which is not available at the moment). I cannot set default applications for "Choose default applications by file type", or "Choose default applications by...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. outlook 2016 error no default email client then loads