Windows 10: Setting English as the default display language works for everything but Windows 10 Settings!

Discus and support Setting English as the default display language works for everything but Windows 10 Settings! in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I just purchased a new PC. It arrived with the Italian keyboard, as expected, but also with Italian version of Windows 10 Pro. On my PCs I use Italian... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Dario de Judicibus, Jul 15, 2022.

1. Setting English as the default display language works for everything but Windows 10 Settings!

I just purchased a new PC. It arrived with the Italian keyboard, as expected, but also with Italian version of Windows 10 Pro. On my PCs I use Italian keyboard and Italian locale, but ALWAYS English language for operating system and applications.Setting English as the default display language works for everything but Windows 10 Settings!So I installed English US and set it as DISPLAY LANGUAGE, Furthermore I switched off the language synch among different devices, just to avoid any overlap. Then I setup Office to use the same display language of operating system.Now, Windows Explorer is in En

:)

Dario de Judicibus, Jul 15, 2022
  2. Riel Alc Win User

Cannot set English as the default language

I had opposite problem. I had English as my default language and after updating Win 10 to latest Windows 10 version 1511 I can no longer set English as default display and system language and had to revert to the former version of Windows. An assistant from
    Microsoft who remotely connected to my laptop couldn't figure out the problem too.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Hi,

For better assistance, we'd like to know the following:

• How were you trying to change the language back to English in your Windows 10?
    • What is the default language set in your computer?
    • Are you getting an error when changing the language?

We're looking forward to your reply.

Riel Alc, Jul 15, 2022
  3. yatiya Win User
    Windows Display Language is ignored when set in language Settings

Hello all

I have set my display language to English (South Africa) in "settings - language"

Setting English as the default display language works for everything but Windows 10 Settings! [​IMG]

however, when I click "administrative language settings", then copy, it shows English UK as the display language.
    English UK is not even listed as an option in the Display language drop down.
    English UK is also the language of the lock screen according to the Administrative settings.

Setting English as the default display language works for everything but Windows 10 Settings! [​IMG]

How can I fix this? I tried installing a different language (English US), uninstalling English (South Africa), then reversing the process, but it still goes back to English UK!!

A secondary effect of this is that Windows then shows the language toolbar on the taskbar, giving me the option to choose English UK as the language/keyboard combination!

yatiya, Jul 15, 2022
  4. Setting English as the default display language works for everything but Windows 10 Settings!

set english language as default display language

Hi Gleb,

The Russian language might be the default language reason for the "Set as default" button to be grayed out. However, before we conclude that you need to buy a new language package, we suggest that you check this
    article to learn how to change the display language on your computer.

We're looking forward to your feedback.

Carlos Tin, Jul 15, 2022
Thema:

Setting English as the default display language works for everything but Windows 10 Settings!

1. Setting English as the default display language works for everything but Windows 10 Settings! - Similar Threads - Setting English default

2. English language settings for Windows 11 single language

in Windows 10 Gaming
    English language settings for Windows 11 single language: I contacted you but got no response so I asked the question again.To install Vietnamese for windows 11 single language, you instructed me to clean up windows 11 by downloading the ISO template of Windows 11 but I don't see the Vietnamese language there.Here's the link you...
  3. English language settings for Windows 11 single language

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    English language settings for Windows 11 single language: I contacted you but got no response so I asked the question again.To install Vietnamese for windows 11 single language, you instructed me to clean up windows 11 by downloading the ISO template of Windows 11 but I don't see the Vietnamese language there.Here's the link you...
  4. Setting English as the default display language works for everything but Windows 10 Settings!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Setting English as the default display language works for everything but Windows 10 Settings!: I just purchased a new PC. It arrived with the Italian keyboard, as expected, but also with Italian version of Windows 10 Pro. On my PCs I use Italian keyboard and Italian locale, but ALWAYS English language for operating system and applications.Setting English as the default...
  5. Windows language in French and settings are in english

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows language in French and settings are in english: Hello , My Windows is suposed to be set in full english , but since a windows update my windows is set to french whereas the setting is configured in english.could you please help how to recover my windows in english ?Information about the windows: Windows 10 .0.0.18363.1500...
  6. No "set as default" option in Display Languages

No "set as default" option in Display Languages: [ATTACH] There is only english in preferred languages place. but There isnt any other language in Display Language part. well I see that my license can only support 1 display language.. I thought its only means my other windows accounts in laptop cant use different display...
  7. How can I change it to English? I've changed everything to English in the language settings.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I change it to English? I've changed everything to English in the language settings.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/SWAGNEMITE_1309 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ikkws9/how_can_i_change_it_to_english_ive_changed/
  8. windows display language settings

windows display language settings: Hi, I am unable to Change My Display Language in windows 10 Home Single language OS version 1903 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-display-language-settings/d7ab7daf-8fb7-49bc-a584-833623771940
  9. set english as default

set english as default: hello, i would appreciate if someone could help set english as the default language for my pc. ive seen various yt videos where there is the option 'set as default'. but this option doesnt pop up to my settings. thank you...
  10. Problem with setting English language

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem with setting English language: Hello Everyone, As I travel to the north on regular occasions, I bought a Lenovo G585 laptop in Spain, where I live. It had W.7.Home Premium installed in Spanish. I have now upgraded it with the free installation of W.10. As with all things downloaded in Spain, there is...