Windows 10: Setting fn+{left or right} arrow to be "home" or " end" buttons

Discus and support Setting fn+{left or right} arrow to be "home" or " end" buttons in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am a keyboard enthusiast, and that has made me really picky. I just bought a notebook Dell xps 13 and all my previous laptops had the Fn+Left arrow... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Alvaro Kruger Ramos, Dec 4, 2020.

1. Setting fn+{left or right} arrow to be "home" or " end" buttons

I am a keyboard enthusiast, and that has made me really picky. I just bought a notebook Dell xps 13 and all my previous laptops had the Fn+Left arrow set to be "Home" and Fn+Right arrow to be "End" and I am very used to it. Is there any way to make this computer do the same thing? Just writing this message was a nightmare to me when I had to go back to some point in the text I don't like using my mouse so I use the arrows a lot to travel along lines when I write, with the need for an easy access to "Home" and " End" which I don't have, since it would require fn+F11 or fn+F12.

I have little hope this can be solved, but I gotta ask anyway. Thanks in advance.

:)

Alvaro Kruger Ramos, Dec 4, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Set Left Button as Primary not Right Button

Hello, *Smile

If this is for a mouse, you can check using the tutorial below to see if its primary button is set the way you wanted.

*Arrow Change Mouse Primary Button to Left or Right in Windows 10

Brink, Dec 4, 2020
  3. Remap "Windows key + Ctrl + Left or Right arrow" to "Fn key + Ctrl + Left or Right arrow"

How can I, using AutoHotKey, remap the following:

Windows+Ctrl+Left/Right arrow (which switches virtual desktops on windows 10)

to

Fn+Ctrl+Left/Right arrow

EDIT:
    Since this doesn't work, can I have the same (original) combination to:

EDIT2:
    I'll open a new post for the second question

user920161, Dec 4, 2020
  4. srfpala Win User

Setting fn+{left or right} arrow to be "home" or " end" buttons

Set Left Button as Primary

In the Win10 task bar on the left edge is the windows symbol which currently responds to a rightmouse button click. Can I change it to respond to a left button click instead ?Settings show Right-handed (left Primary Click ) radio button is set.
    What do you suggest ? Bob

srfpala, Dec 4, 2020
Thema:

Setting fn+{left or right} arrow to be "home" or " end" buttons

1. Setting fn+{left or right} arrow to be "home" or " end" buttons - Similar Threads - Setting fn+{left right}

2. left shift+ right arrow, and left ctrl + right arrow combination not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    left shift+ right arrow, and left ctrl + right arrow combination not working: I am using windows 11 on asus vivobook s15 s530although RIGHT ctrl/shift + left/right arrow combinations are working as expected when selecting or moving cursor word by word in word 16 or visual studio code. But LEFT CTRL/SHIFT + RIGHT ARROW combination NOT WORKING.I tried...
  3. left shift+ right arrow, and left ctrl + right arrow combination not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    left shift+ right arrow, and left ctrl + right arrow combination not working: I am using windows 11 on asus vivobook s15 s530although RIGHT ctrl/shift + left/right arrow combinations are working as expected when selecting or moving cursor word by word in word 16 or visual studio code. But LEFT CTRL/SHIFT + RIGHT ARROW combination NOT WORKING.I tried...
  4. Fn+up/down or Fn+left/right is not working for Music controls

in Windows 10 Customization
    Fn+up/down or Fn+left/right is not working for Music controls: I use ASUS X556UV Laptop i5 6200u. After I reinstalled Windows 10 In July 2020, the combination Fn+up/down or Fn+left/right is not working for Music controls. But Fn+F10/F11/F12 works for sound controls I tried SFC, I tried finding the settings in BIOS settings but can't...
  5. Is there a way to bind the Home and End key to fn+left and fn+right?

Is there a way to bind the Home and End key to fn+left and fn+right?: I have Windows 10 on a Dell XPS and would like to be able to go to the beginning of a line or the end of a line without having to leave the arrow keys. On a Mac you simply press alt+left/right and it makes keyboard navigation of any text substantially easier than on Windows....
  6. My left/right arrows and delete buttons don't work

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My left/right arrows and delete buttons don't work: Hello! My left/right arrow suddenly didn't work anymore. I didn't configure anything, I was just playing a game when I found out. I did some research and there was another person with the same problem but that was 2 years ago. The solution unfortunately didn't work and I...
  7. Left-right button.

Left-right button.: my touchpad isn't broke. I can't use left-right button on touchpad and keyboard at the same time when being game. Example: I used left or right button and keyboard ( WASD button ) at the same time, it doesn't let me firing or aim, only can I use left or right button...
  8. Set Left Button as Primary not Right Button

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Set Left Button as Primary not Right Button: The Windows Icon is located in the lower left corner of the screen. When I LB click it, an hour glass icon appears, then goes away, and there is no further action. When I RB Click, I see the expected pop up menu which contains the shutdown command among others. Shouldn’t this...
  9. Set Left Button as Primary not Right Button

in Windows 10 Support
    Set Left Button as Primary not Right Button: The Windows Icon is located in the lower left corner of the screen. When I LB click it, an hour glass icon appears, then goes away, and there is no further action. When I RB Click, I see the expected pop up menu which contains the shutdown command among others. Shouldn’t this...
  10. Home & End Button

in Browsers and Email
    Home & End Button: [img] How do you prevent this pop-up up/down arrow from showing in the lower right browser window. 47116