Windows 10: Setting Folder View Defaults

Discus and support Setting Folder View Defaults in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I despise Windows Explorer, because I set the view I want for EVERY folder to open in, then MS decides, seemingly arbitrarily, to open folders or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by RKCQ, Jan 13, 2022.

1. RKCQ Win User

Setting Folder View Defaults

I despise Windows Explorer, because I set the view I want for EVERY folder to open in, then MS decides, seemingly arbitrarily, to open folders or display search results in other views.Is there any way to fix this other than going to Redmond and taking the MS programmer responsible for this hostage until they program it right?

:)

2. Brink Win User

Change Folder View Option To a New Default Setting

That's ok.

In step 1, you set a default template for all folders.

in step 2, you set the folder view to "sort by" "type" for what you wanted, then "Apply to folders" to set it for all folders.

Brink, Jan 13, 2022
  3. Custom Folder view for new folders registery hack ?

Te new folder has default view of LIST

I want DETAILS

When making new system ... it's a pain in ass changing always.

RuskiSnajper, Jan 13, 2022
  4. Brink Win User

Brink, Jan 13, 2022
Thema:

1. Setting Folder View Defaults - Similar Threads - Setting Folder View

2. Set Default Folder View to Tiles in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Set Default Folder View to Tiles in Windows 11: Does anyone know how to set the default folder view for all folders on windows 11 to Tiles? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/set-default-folder-view-to-tiles-in-windows-11/a9638b5b-77df-427e-ba62-4b549437c947
  3. Setting Folder View Defaults

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Setting Folder View Defaults: I despise Windows Explorer, because I set the view I want for EVERY folder to open in, then MS decides, seemingly arbitrarily, to open folders or display search results in other views.Is there any way to fix this other than going to Redmond and taking the MS programmer...
  4. Setting Folder View Defaults

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Setting Folder View Defaults: I despise Windows Explorer, because I set the view I want for EVERY folder to open in, then MS decides, seemingly arbitrarily, to open folders or display search results in other views.Is there any way to fix this other than going to Redmond and taking the MS programmer...
  5. Default Folder View

in Windows 10 Support
    Default Folder View: I want to Set a default Folder View for all folders. I get the instruction: 1. Open File Explorer by using key combination Windows Key + E and navigate to the folder you want to use as a source for view layout setting. Where is that folder? I don't care if they are General...
  6. Change Folder View Option To a New Default Setting

in Windows 10 Support
    Change Folder View Option To a New Default Setting: I am Using Windows 10 PRO I want to change the Folder VIEW OPTION To a NEW DEFAULT SETTING. Currently now when I open up a folder, It sorts and displays the contents by Name and Ascending Refer to Image 1 This Image 1 is The DEFAULT View I get All the File are scattered...
  7. Default Folder Views

in Windows 10 Customization
    Default Folder Views: Hi, could someone explain why the default for most folders and subfolders is the Icon view and why its so hard change that view to something else permanently? For instance My Pictures, you can right click My Pictures / customize / "optimize this folder for general items"...
  8. Set Default Folder View for all Folders in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Set Default Folder View for all Folders in Windows 10: How to: Set Default Folder View for all Folders in Windows 10 How to Set a Default Folder View for All Folders in Windows 10 [img] Information While browsing folders in File Explorer, you can apply the view settings of the current folder to all folders on your PC that...
  9. Reset Folder View Settings to Default in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Reset Folder View Settings to Default in Windows 10: How to: Reset Folder View Settings to Default in Windows 10 How to Reset Folder View Settings to Default in Windows 10 In Windows, you can change the File Explorer window size, layout view of items in your folders to how you like. This tutorial will show you how to...
  10. Default Folder View?

in Windows 10 Support
    Default Folder View?: Is there a way to globally change the Default Folder View? I've used Folder Options | View | Apply to Folders a few times, but it only seems to stick on folders I've opened. 9521