Windows 10: Setting folder view

Discus and support Setting folder view in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi. I have folders on my E drive which I like to see in List view. Some of those folders contain sub-folders which I also like to see in List view.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by dortmunder, Jun 29, 2020.

1. Setting folder view

Hi. I have folders on my E drive which I like to see in List view. Some of those folders contain sub-folders which I also like to see in List view. When it comes to the actual files, I'd like them shown as Large Icons.

Is such a setup possible? Thank you. (version 1903)

:)

dortmunder, Jun 29, 2020
  2. mrgeek Win User

Change Folder View Layout in Windows 10

"uhm that method does not work. i want to set folder view as List as default instead Details for all folders"
    Did you download and run Brink's .bat file in Step 1 ? Lacking that, look at the screens in post 3. In Step 5 'folders of this type' defaults to each of the Windows templates for Pictures, Music, etc. If you want ALL folders to have the same List view, r-click any folder in each of the 5 folders under This PC (Desktop does not apply) and hit 'Customize this folder'. Set to 'Optimize this folder for General Items". Then follow the screen in post 3 using List instead of Details in Step 1 and you should be good to go.

mrgeek, Jun 29, 2020
  3. Custom Folder view for new folders registery hack ?

Te new folder has default view of LIST

I want DETAILS

When making new system ... it's a pain in ass changing always.

RuskiSnajper, Jun 29, 2020
  4. TomStrong Win User

Setting folder view

Folder view issue

I want my folders (and subfolders) to stay in List view but they keep changing to Details view.

I have tried View>Options>Apply to Folders many times but it doesn't stick.

Any suggestions?

TomStrong, Jun 29, 2020
Thema:

Setting folder view

1. Setting folder view - Similar Threads - Setting folder view

2. Change View Type for a Set of Folders?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change View Type for a Set of Folders?: Hello. I have a computer with Windows 11 Home version 22H2 build 2261.819.I am trying to set a default File Explorer view for a set of folders, which are all in the same parent folder:These folders have all configuration files and images in them, so Windows File Explorer...
  3. Change View Type for a Set of Folders?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change View Type for a Set of Folders?: Hello. I have a computer with Windows 11 Home version 22H2 build 2261.819.I am trying to set a default File Explorer view for a set of folders, which are all in the same parent folder:These folders have all configuration files and images in them, so Windows File Explorer...
  4. Setting Folder View Defaults

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Setting Folder View Defaults: I despise Windows Explorer, because I set the view I want for EVERY folder to open in, then MS decides, seemingly arbitrarily, to open folders or display search results in other views.Is there any way to fix this other than going to Redmond and taking the MS programmer...
  5. Setting Folder View Defaults

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Setting Folder View Defaults: I despise Windows Explorer, because I set the view I want for EVERY folder to open in, then MS decides, seemingly arbitrarily, to open folders or display search results in other views.Is there any way to fix this other than going to Redmond and taking the MS programmer...
  6. Setting Folder View Defaults

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Disabling Automatic Folder View Settings

Disabling Automatic Folder View Settings: I have tried all recommended ways of disabling this feature, which prevents user from setting each folder to the desired view so that Windows 10 can remember it upon closing folder or restarting system. This Includes all registry tweaks suggested. Nothing seems to work....
  8. Folder view "optimization" setting is ignored

Folder view "optimization" setting is ignored: Hi, Windows 10 x64 20H2 10.0.19042.867. In Windows Explorer, if you open the folder properties, there's the "Optimization" option on the "Customize" tab. For a certain folder, there is "General Items" selected . I switch to "Videos" and click OK. The problem is that the...
  9. Folders View Settings Are Not Saving

Folders View Settings Are Not Saving: Recently I've noticed a strange behaviour when I tried to unhide protected operating system files. I unticked the corresponding check box and I received the warning, but when I pressed the OK button, nothing happened. When I opened the view settings again the check box was...
  10. Issue with Folder View Setting

in Windows 10 Customization
    Issue with Folder View Setting: Hello All, I have set the Folder View settings for my Win10 many times. But every time I restart the machine the settings were lost. Looks so strange. Please share your ideas to resolve. Thanks, Kannan...