Windows 10: Setting for opening WPS files in Windows 10

Discus and support Setting for opening WPS files in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have files made on WPS from 1998 and possibly earlier. My latest alteration to any of these was recorded as made on 20 May 2015. SSince some time... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Old old hand, Sep 30, 2019.

1. Setting for opening WPS files in Windows 10

I have files made on WPS from 1998 and possibly earlier. My latest alteration to any of these was recorded as made on 20 May 2015. SSince some time after that, these files will only come up as symbols. None of the default settings offered will work.

Please help!

Alan

:)

Old old hand, Sep 30, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 30, 2019
  3. Edit/Open WPS files in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community and for your interest in Windows 10.

I can understand, how frustrating it can be, when things don’t work as expected.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused.

I'd be glad to help you.

Please answer the query, mentioned below:

• Do you have Works installed on the new PC? If not, do you have Word installed on the new PC?
    WPS indicates a Works word processor format.

If you have Office suite installed on the computer, you may open Word and try to access it within the Word application.

• Open Word, then File - Open and browse to the .wps file.
    Let's try to refer the below article to know how to access Works files in Word:

How to open a Works 6.0, a Works 7.0, a Works 8.0, or a Works 9.0 word processing document in Word

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/315757

Note: applies to Windows 10.

Hope this information helps you. Kindly post back with the updated issue for further assistance.

Thank you.

AntonyJose, Sep 30, 2019
  4. Ketxxx Win User

Setting for opening WPS files in Windows 10

opening .dds files with gimp

Simply, HOW? I got the DDS plugin but the POS wont open DDS files still. Can someone give me a step-by-step rundown of how to install the DDS plugin for gimp so I know if I'm missing something?

Ketxxx, Sep 30, 2019
Thema:

Setting for opening WPS files in Windows 10

1. Setting for opening WPS files in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Setting opening WPS

2. WPS attachments

in Windows 10 Customization
    WPS attachments: How do I forward a received WPS attachment after amending it ? Can't find a "forward" icon/button. I only want to forward the attachment, not the email letter. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wps-attachments/6279ceef-2ece-49b8-a8f6-6373dc039696
  3. windows settings file is not opening

windows settings file is not opening: when I try to open settings it will struck and it dismiss itself https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-settings-file-is-not-opening/d8d762ad-2dc4-47fb-934d-344e93b9d11a
  4. WPS PIN

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WPS PIN: How can I find the WPS PIN in the Samsung xpress printer c1810w https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wps-pin/ed1f4820-1251-4fd6-a4bd-6f0a3e47c231
  5. Changing a wps file to microsoft

Changing a wps file to microsoft: Have a wps file I need to convert to a windows file https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-a-wps-file-to-microsoft/cf68750d-8a7e-42ea-86a4-712800d464d6
  6. WPS to WORD

WPS to WORD: I have a new computer - Windows 10 - and I downloaded my document stuff from a flash drive-- no problem. I had always worked in Works but converted everything to Word or deleted it before transferring to the flash. However, today 1 item didn't convert and without thinking I...
  7. saving WPS documents to WPS CLOUD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    saving WPS documents to WPS CLOUD: Hi, I've been saving documents to wps where I am able to access them to print, download to my flashdrive, etc. no problem. Then a week ago I get a message pop up that I need to store my documents on Cloud. So I save my documents to cloud, but now when I drag and drop them to...
  8. Unable to open wps files

Unable to open wps files: I have a new desktop with 64 bit Windows 10. It does not have MS Works installed as my Windows 7 did. Now I am not able to open wps files I saved with old computer. This is unacceptable !! Several years of work are unavailable to me. I can not find a solution online....
  9. WPS Office crashing upon opening

in Microsoft Office and 365
    WPS Office crashing upon opening: wps crash 2.txtwps crash.txt I use the paid version of wps office on my pc regularly but for around a month now it keeps crashing. The windows wings appears and says looking for solution but no solutions found. I attatched the event log for the last occurrence. Any advise...
  10. WPS "stuck on"?

WPS "stuck on"?: I normally use the passphrase to connect my devices to routers. However I had a need to connect to a different router and WPS was the only way and it didn't work. I thought I'd try connecting to my home router using WPS instead of the passphrase by "forgetting" the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/315757