Windows 10: Setting Graphics Preference Windows Warning

Discus and support Setting Graphics Preference Windows Warning in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi,After i upgrade from windows 10 to windows 11, i got this warning "This gpu preference may cause undesired behaviour for the app" warning when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by yienloong, Jan 16, 2022.

1. yienloong Win User

Setting Graphics Preference Windows Warning

Hi,After i upgrade from windows 10 to windows 11, i got this warning "This gpu preference may cause undesired behaviour for the app" warning when setting some app to use the nvidia gpu.Even Windows Video Editor and the Movies & TV got this when i try to set to high performance. It does not matter whether its a 3rd party app or not. Did not get this during windows 10.Anyone has any idea why?,or how to fix it?Thank you very much in advance.

:)

yienloong, Jan 16, 2022

2. Can't change printer preferences in Windows 10

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft community.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused. We are glad to help you.

• What exactly happens when you try to go into printer driver settings from Control Panel?
    I suggest you to try the steps given below and check if it helps:

Step 1:

• Type change default printer and hit
      enter.

• Check whether you are able to change the preferences and properties from here.

Step 2:

• Type printers and scanners and hit
      enter.

• Check whether you are able to change the preferences and properties from here.

Hope this information helps. Do contact us for further queries. We will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Jan 16, 2022
  3. Custom Driver : Intel HD Graphics & ATI Combo (Alpha) - by nIGHTmAYOR

according to laptop support page they do list an old downloadable driver for intel for windows 7 , weather this is related to there being several variants of that laptop or this laptop has switchable graphics i may just suggest you reset the bios and see if things change , if yes you may be able to apply step 2 , if not then apply step 4 and call it today , you are still better off being on the high performance gpu .

Out of curiosity can you take a snap shot from Settings > System > Display. Scroll down and click the “Graphics Settings” ?

nIGHTmAYOR, Jan 16, 2022
  4. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jan 16, 2022
Thema:

1. Setting Graphics Preference Windows Warning - Similar Threads - Setting Graphics Preference

2. Graphics Performance Preferences

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Graphics Performance Preferences: In the Graphics Performance Preferences settings you are able to set individual programs/.exe's/store apps to use either a high performance gpu or the iGPU to save power.Leaving the option as "let windows decide" just leaves windows to always make the wrong decision, as it...
  3. Graphics Performance Preferences

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Graphics Performance Preferences: In the Graphics Performance Preferences settings you are able to set individual programs/.exe's/store apps to use either a high performance gpu or the iGPU to save power.Leaving the option as "let windows decide" just leaves windows to always make the wrong decision, as it...
  4. Secondary GPU not showing in graphics settings/graphics performance preferences

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Secondary GPU not showing in graphics settings/graphics performance preferences: I currently have two gpus in my system, a GTX 1080 primary and an RX570 secondary. I would like to use my primary gpu for playing games and my secondary gpu for other tasks using graphics performance preferences but only my 1080 is showing up in the options. I have drivers...
  5. Secondary GPU not showing in graphics settings/graphics performance preferences

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Secondary GPU not showing in graphics settings/graphics performance preferences: I currently have two gpus in my system, a GTX 1080 primary and an RX570 secondary. I would like to use my primary gpu for playing games and my secondary gpu for other tasks using graphics performance preferences but only my 1080 is showing up in the options. I have drivers...
  6. Secondary GPU not showing in graphics settings/graphics performance preferences

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Setting Graphics Preference Windows Warning

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Setting Graphics Preference Windows Warning: Hi,After i upgrade from windows 10 to windows 11, i got this warning "This gpu preference may cause undesired behaviour for the app" warning when setting some app to use the nvidia gpu.Even Windows Video Editor and the Movies & TV got this when i try to set to high...
  8. GPU not available as graphics preference in windows settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    GPU not available as graphics preference in windows settings: Hello, I am having issues getting some programs to utilize my dedicated graphics card on my laptop over the default integrated graphics. Normally this GPU would appear as the the high performance option in graphics settings but it is no longer there and I cant force certain...
  9. Graphics performance preference setting not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Graphics performance preference setting not working: I have set opera to run on my nvidia 1050 but it simply does not. This is the same with any other app like Chrome or some .exe's The option to "run with graphics processor" in the right click menu has been removed in the 2004 update which is dumb so this is my only option,...
  10. Graphics performance preference setting not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Graphics performance preference setting not working: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/3pwe0wfa63b51.png?width=1920&format=png&auto=webp&s=9494dc273d6bf956df274c9598e3284e4fb37f83 I have set opera to run on my nvidia 1050 but it simply does not. This is the same with any other app like Chrome or some .exe's The option to...