Windows 10: setting idle frequency

Discus and support setting idle frequency in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My computer supports down to 400MHz on my i5 8250u, however when i let windows control my clock speed it only hits 1.00GHz when idle. I can manually... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/lynet_101, Dec 26, 2020.

1. setting idle frequency

My computer supports down to 400MHz on my i5 8250u, however when i let windows control my clock speed it only hits 1.00GHz when idle. I can manually set the max speed to 400MHz and the idle utilisation doesn't go up at all so... how do i force windows to use 400MHz when idle, but my normal CPU setting when under load?

Btw I use CPU-z to tailor my CPU, and power plans, to maximize the performance for my needs, is it possible there's something i can do from in there?

submitted by /u/lynet_101
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/lynet_101, Dec 26, 2020
  2. Jonas Flo Win User

Bluetooth still on while idle

Thanks for following the steps. Now, the settings won't take effect if you are only using normal PC idle mode. Normal functionality of Bluetooth and Wi-Fi settings are to stay connected even if PC is idle. With the settings that you have created, we would
    suggest that you set your PC to automatically go to Sleep or
    Hibernate
    once idle. In this way, the settings "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" should take effect.

To set your PC to automatically go to Sleep or Hibernate when idle, please follow these steps:

• Open Control Panel, set view by: Small
      icons.
    • Look for Power Options.
    • Click on Change when the computer sleeps on the left pane.
    • Set a timer.

Please try it out. Hope it helps. If you have any other concerns, don't hesitate to come back to us.

Jonas Flo, Dec 26, 2020
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Dec 26, 2020
  4. Raven2099 Win User

setting idle frequency

best/max Processor Frequency settings in MHz

new setting option in widows 10 high performance setting is asking me to set max Processor Frequency settings for amd fx 9590 in MHz

any suggestions

Raven2099, Dec 26, 2020
Thema:

setting idle frequency

1. setting idle frequency - Similar Threads - setting idle frequency

2. Setting the NTP update frequency, with MinPollInterval/MaxPollInterval or SpecialPollInterval?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Setting the NTP update frequency, with MinPollInterval/MaxPollInterval or SpecialPollInterval?: Hello,what is the currently recommended way to influence the NTP update frequency?Using the values MinPollInterval/MaxPollInterval or SpecialPollInterval?I found the following article about the latter:https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2638243Has this been fixed in the...
  3. Setting the NTP update frequency, with MinPollInterval/MaxPollInterval or SpecialPollInterval?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Setting the NTP update frequency, with MinPollInterval/MaxPollInterval or SpecialPollInterval?: Hello,what is the currently recommended way to influence the NTP update frequency?Using the values MinPollInterval/MaxPollInterval or SpecialPollInterval?I found the following article about the latter:https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2638243Has this been fixed in the...
  4. Setting the NTP update frequency, with MinPollInterval/MaxPollInterval or SpecialPollInterval?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. RAM Frequency

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    RAM Frequency: In my task manager, it's showing 2933 MHz and in CMD it's showing 3200 MHz.I was thinking to upgrade my ram. If I purchased a 3200 Mhz ram will it work?Model: ROG Strix G15 i5 10 Gen Version....
  6. RAM Frequency

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    RAM Frequency: In my task manager, it's showing 2933 MHz and in CMD it's showing 3200 MHz.I was thinking to upgrade my ram. If I purchased a 3200 Mhz ram will it work?Model: ROG Strix G15 i5 10 Gen Version....
  7. burst frequency

burst frequency: CPU is intel Pentium silver n5000 the max CPU speed is 2.7 GHz. I can only get it to 2.2 GHz. How do I get it to 2.7 GHz pc name is HP Notebook 14 df0013cl https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/burst-frequency/6f904221-5dc9-4ecb-aa6b-25cc46060f93
  8. best/max Processor Frequency settings in MHz

best/max Processor Frequency settings in MHz: new setting option in widows 10 high performance setting is asking me to set max Processor Frequency settings for amd fx 9590 in MHz any suggestions 83120
  9. How to set Automatic Updates detection frequency?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to set Automatic Updates detection frequency?: Hello This is my main operating system: [img] I am trying to set the frequency detection of Windows update. So, I go to this menu in the Group Policy Editor: [img] As you can see though, that other setting must be enabled. So, I navigate to its menu and...
  10. What is the correct Maximum Processor Frequency Setting

What is the correct Maximum Processor Frequency Setting: I was looking at the power settings and saw the Maximum and Minimum Processor Frequency Settings were both at 0 MHz which is the default setting when Windows 10 was installed. The computer is running fine and fast but I wonder what the best setting would be? Thanks. 86343