Windows 10: Setting internet safety

Discus and support Setting internet safety in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi My son has recently bought a lenovo laptop and has set himself up as the adminstrator. I would like to set some internet safety restrictions but... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by millenrichardson, Apr 27, 2019.

1. Setting internet safety

Hi

My son has recently bought a lenovo laptop and has set himself up as the adminstrator. I would like to set some internet safety restrictions but it seems that I have to be the adminsrator. Please can you tell me if that is correct or whether i can somehow put parental restrictions on another way. If it is the case of changing the administrator, then how is it done?

Many thanks!

:)

millenrichardson, Apr 27, 2019

2. Internet safety

Hi Concerned1234cg,

You can monitor your kid's online activities by setting up Family Safety in Windows 10. In Family Safety, you can choose which apps to be blocked or accessed by your kids and family members.

To add someone to your family, kindly refer to the steps below:

• Go to Settings > Accounts > Family & other people. (You'll need to sign in to Windows with a Microsoft account.)
    • Select Add a family member.
    • Choose Add a child or Add an adult.
    • Type the email address of the person to send them an invitation to join. If they don't have an email address, select
      The person I want to invite doesn’t have an email address and follow the directions to set up a new account.
    • After they've accepted the email invitation, have them sign in to Windows 10 using the same email address you sent the invitation to.

Once you're done adding up your child account to the family, you may follow these steps on how to manage the Family settings in Windows 10.

• Go to account.microsoft.com/family and sign in with your Microsoft account.
    • Select the child account that you wanted to set up restrictions. If your kids also use Family Safety on older versions of Windows or My Family on older Windows phones, you’ll see them listed per device.
    • Choose what to turn on or change on the child's account.

For your reference, you may check this link.

Let us know how it goes and we'll assist you further if needed.

Monica Cam, Apr 27, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Family Safety works in edge, not in ie11

Hi,

I suggest you to try resetting Internet explorer 11 and try if help.

I appreciate your patience for trying the above steps, to assist you further I would like to know few more information below.

• Are you facing the same issue related to family safety setting, through Internet explorer?

• What is the make and model of your computer?

• Have you tried the above troubleshooting steps?

If you are facing the same issue and the issue persists after trying the above mentioned troubleshooting steps then, I suggest you to try resetting Internet Explorer browser using below step and check if it helps.

I would like to inform that you can disable and enable Internet Explorer from below steps:

• Type Control Panel in the search
      box from desktop and select Control Panel.
    • Click on View all in the left pane and click on
      Programs and Features.
    • Select Turn Windows Features on or off.
    • In Windows features window, uncheck the Internet Explorer program.
    Also you may refer to the Microsoft article about resetting internet explorer 11.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17441/windows-internet-explorer-change-reset-settings

Disclaimer: Reset Internet Explorer disclaimer:

The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added to the list of Trusted Sites. The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might also reset parental control settings. We recommend
    that you note these sites before you use the Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature. Also re-enable the add-ons.

Hope this helps. If the issue persists, please do let us know and we would be happy to help you further.

Thank You

Vidyashree_C, Apr 27, 2019
  4. Setting internet safety

Minecraft Privacy and Online Safety Settings

Hi,

Issues with playing multiplayer games online may occur if your account's privacy and online safety settings are blocked. To resolve your concern, log in to this

link
    and follow the steps below:

• Go to the Xbox One/Windows 10 Online Safety tab.
    • Set Join multiplayer games to Allow.
    • You can also change other settings before clicking the Save
      button.
    • Play Minecraft again.

Note For the Child accounts, only the
    Parent accounts
    can manage their privacy and online safety settings.

Should you need further assistance, you can reply to this post anytime.

Loraine Mon, Apr 27, 2019
Thema:

Setting internet safety

1. Setting internet safety - Similar Threads - Setting internet safety

2. How to allow multiplayer in safety settings?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to allow multiplayer in safety settings?: In crafting and building https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-allow-multiplayer-in-safety-settings/ab89b045-0c6e-4567-b5df-950a2f6a7d44
  3. How to allow multiplayer in safety settings?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to allow multiplayer in safety settings?: In crafting and building https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-allow-multiplayer-in-safety-settings/ab89b045-0c6e-4567-b5df-950a2f6a7d44
  4. Error / Bug in Family Safety Settings

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Error / Bug in Family Safety Settings: Hi, for 1 specific child account, the link Family Safety > Spending Leads to an error page that states:Sorry, something went wrong.We’re not sure what happened, but refreshing the page may help, or trying again in a little while. TraceId: VrQg4VhCpUy6byUR.101.582also see...
  5. setting up family safety on same device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    setting up family safety on same device: Hi, we purchased a Dell computer for Christmas and it is used as the family computer. I am using it now. I want to set up accounts for my kids to use this computer instead of using my sign in. I also want to be able to limit their screen time on this device. I have set up an...
  6. Family Safety Internet Problems with Aplications not blocked

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Family Safety Internet Problems with Aplications not blocked: Hello, I was opening applications on my laptop and out of nowhere it appears "You cannot use application" If you want to use it, you will have to connect to the internet and ask. I am connected to the internet and my father unblocked the application but it does not work. I...
  7. Family safety setting

in Windows 10 Customization
    Family safety setting: I started to use edge few days ago,i found out some website got blocked and ask me to send a request to family member to use the website,But the problem is i don't even have a family group,so i can't send request to anyone,please someone help me,it drive me crazy....
  8. Internet Safety Question

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Internet Safety Question: What is the highest internet safety software program for any type of device under the name of Microsoft itself or for the internet as a whole in general? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/internet-safety-question/a58f2679-4005-4107-b1da-3a2199ff9a20
  9. Internet Safety Question

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Internet Safety Question: What is the highest internet safety software program that is used for any type of device under Microsoft's own name? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/internet-safety-question/17673c48-8843-4a02-900a-1dc109830155
  10. Add internet time switch to for child safety

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Add internet time switch to for child safety: Hello the Son of a friend of mine has a habit of getting up,in the night to do online gaming. I would like to know the best way to install a timer to block all internet access to his PC during certain hours....preferably with a warning 10-20 minutes prior. I believe he has...