Windows 10: Setting Language for Menus and local (keyboard, time forma) different?

Discus and support Setting Language for Menus and local (keyboard, time forma) different? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; What I aim for is to set the language of my computer to English (so that all menus/erorrs/ helps is English) but to support for other things another... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MPREv2, Apr 3, 2021.

1. MPREv2 Win User

Setting Language for Menus and local (keyboard, time forma) different?

What I aim for is to set the language of my computer to English (so that all menus/erorrs/ helps is English) but to support for other things another local.

• the time should have a different time zone. (UTC+1)
    • time format displayed should be iso (24:00, not with AM/PM)
    • date format displayed in an iso format (2021-02-04 or 04.02.2021 (not with flipped month 02/04/21))
    • the Keyboard layout should be de-DE (German)
    But still the menu should be in English.

Is there a way to archive that (during clean install or later on)?

KR,
    Max

:)

MPREv2, Apr 3, 2021

2. Unable to set keyboard language as default differently from Windows 10 language

Hello,

You can configure your keyboard language by adding it on the default language set on the system. For instructions, follow these steps:

• Open Settings.
    • Open Time & language.
    • Select Region & language.
    • Click on the default language, and click Options.
    • Select Add a keyboard, and select the language that you want to add.

We'll wait for the outcome.

Antoneth Ber, Apr 3, 2021
  3. Can I keep the Windows system in English but the keyboard in a different language?

Since it didn't work, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Click on Start menu.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Select Time & language.
    • Go to the Region & language tab.
    • Click on English (United States).
    • Click on Options.
    • Select Add a keyboard.
    • Choose Icelandic.
    • Click on US.
    • Select Remove.

The steps above will let you add a keyboard for Icelandic.

Once done, kindly check if you can now type using the language that you want.

Feel free to get back to us should you need further assistance.

Charianne Per, Apr 3, 2021
  4. Pavan_N Win User

Language setting in Windows 10

Hi Linda,

In Windows 10 you have to download different languages like Spanish French etc. and add to keyboard. Every time you want to change language you can use the short cur
    Windows key + Space bar.

Follow the steps below to download language in Windows 10.

• Click on Start menu and select Settings.
    • Click on Time and language; Click on Region and Language.
    • Under Language click on Add language.
    • Choose the language from the list and click on it.

Refer the step to setup Keyboard for language.

• Click on Language and tap/click on Options.
    • Click on Add a Keyboard.

Do let us know if you need further assistance. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Apr 3, 2021
Thema:

1. Setting Language for Menus and local (keyboard, time forma) different? - Similar Threads - Setting Language Menus

2. How to set default keyboard language to be different than default Windows language

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to set default keyboard language to be different than default Windows language: This was no problem with Windows 10, but I cannot seem to figure out how to do it in Windows 11. I want my Windows 11 language to be completely in English as default. But I need my keyboard by default to be Danish. However, I also need to have the English keyboard installed...
  3. How to set default keyboard language to be different than default Windows language

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to set default keyboard language to be different than default Windows language: This was no problem with Windows 10, but I cannot seem to figure out how to do it in Windows 11. I want my Windows 11 language to be completely in English as default. But I need my keyboard by default to be Danish. However, I also need to have the English keyboard installed...
  4. Keyboard and language settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard and language settings: I use a Norwegian keyboard layout with languages Norwegian Bokmål and English UK. Every time I install Windows monthly security updates the language reverts to Norwegian with English US and this alters the keyboard setup ... hence typing incorrectly.How can I maintain English...
  5. Keyboard language settings

Keyboard language settings: Hi,I have a laptop with EN keyboard and Microsoft system.However, I want to use for my daily work a German keyboard.I have connected a DE vireless keyboard but still in the langugage settings I can not change the typing language.As long as I type the German special letters...
  6. Keyboard language settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard language settings: Hi,I have a laptop with EN keyboard and Microsoft system.However, I want to use for my daily work a German keyboard.I have connected a DE vireless keyboard but still in the langugage settings I can not change the typing language.As long as I type the German special letters...
  7. Keyboard Language settings

Keyboard Language settings: Hello, Today I have bought new SSD and reinstall my Windows 10 to my PC, But Croatian keyboard is missing on the list of languages, Can you please send me instructions how to add Croatian keyboard, on my DELL laptop I have a Croatian letters...
  8. Keyboard Language settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keyboard Language settings: Hello, Today I have bought new SSD and reinstall my Windows 10 to my PC, But Croatian keyboard is missing on the list of languages, Can you please send me instructions how to add Croatian keyboard, on my DELL laptop I have a Croatian letters...
  9. Languages and keyboard settings

Languages and keyboard settings: Major problem with the settings of my languages and keyboard layouts and need help! Windows 10 Pro Version 1909 Build # 18363.720 Seems windows is adding languages and keyboard layouts without any input from me. I only added 2 languages English and French with 1 layout...
  10. Different Keyboard and Display Language

Different Keyboard and Display Language: Hello there. I am deperately trying to keep my english display language, but changing the default keyboard layout to german or french. I did everything described in the web, including Time & Language settings, advanced keyboard settings etc. For the solution with the...