Windows 10: setting menu not opening

Discus and support setting menu not opening in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; after latest update setting menu not responding why... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by salimG.Panickers, Jul 23, 2020.

1. setting menu not opening

after latest update setting menu not responding why

:)

salimG.Panickers, Jul 23, 2020
  2. Paolo Mag Win User

Start menu and settings both wont open.

Hello Robert,

As per the description of the issue, you are unable to open both Windows Settings and Start menu. For us to resolve this issue, we suggest that you perform troubleshooting. Here's an

article
    that you can go to. In here, you'll see solutions to resolve Start menu issues.

To resolve Windows Settings issue, kindly follow the steps listed below:

• Boot into Safe Mode.
    • Open a command prompt windows.
    • Type sfc/scannow, and then hit Enter.
    • Once it's finished, restart the computer to check if the issue still persists.

If the issue still persists after doing the steps above, kindly refer to this
    link
    for further troubleshooting.

Let us know if the resolution provided works.

Paolo Mag, Jul 31, 2020
  3. angus Win User
    Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Jul 31, 2020
  4. Naki Win User

setting menu not opening

Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

Thema:

setting menu not opening

1. setting menu not opening - Similar Threads - setting menu opening

2. Start Menu, Settings will not open. Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start Menu, Settings will not open. Windows 11: Just got a new PC.At first it worked fine. After a restart I was unable to make many basic interactions.While the taskbar is functional and I can open programs from it, I am unable to do the following:- Right Click programs to close/pin ect- Open the start menu. It simply...
  3. Start Menu, Settings will not open. Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start Menu, Settings will not open. Windows 11: Just got a new PC.At first it worked fine. After a restart I was unable to make many basic interactions.While the taskbar is functional and I can open programs from it, I am unable to do the following:- Right Click programs to close/pin ect- Open the start menu. It simply...
  4. Start menu and settings does not open

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start menu and settings does not open: I tried sfc /scannow Tried dism online health restoretried the powershell get restore commanddid a disk check, but none of this resolved the start menu error....
  5. Search, Windows menu not opening, settings app not opening

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Search, Windows menu not opening, settings app not opening: settings app showing error : classs not registered pls help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-windows-menu-not-opening-settings-app-not/a335be96-16b5-422a-aad6-242bf5111e91
  6. Settings/start menu wont open

in Windows 10 Support
    Settings/start menu wont open: Hey new guy here my settings/start/volume/notifications wont open and apps wont open I've tried rebooting my windows explorer and didn't do anything my calculator app won't open either. I've been having alot of trouble with my account because my settings won't sync because it...
  7. Start menu and settings now opening

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start menu and settings now opening: My windows 10 settings will not open. It will just close and my start menu will not open. It will ask me to sign out. I had this problem before, but not at the same time....
  8. I cannot open start menu and all the setting menu

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I cannot open start menu and all the setting menu: It seems that all the setting menu crashed after I reset my computer. I clicked the button on the task bar, for instance, Cortana and start, and did not received any response. Nothing was displayed on the screen....
  9. Settings and Start Menu won't open!

in Windows 10 Support
    Settings and Start Menu won't open!: A couple days ago my computer started acting funky and the next day my settings would crash every time I would open it I have tried running the troubleshooters and all the commands in PowerShell and cmd but nothing seems to work. Also, my start menu won't open even if I do...
  10. Can't open settings + start menu not opening

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't open settings + start menu not opening: Having issues opening my start menu/settings. Cannot use hotkeys to open them nor cmd prompts. Can still run task manager but I am having issues resolving this problem. I have tried creating a new user and switching to that account but no dice. Any help would be immensely...