Windows 10: Setting Metro App - Instantly Closes - Cant Diagnose The Issue.

Discus and support Setting Metro App - Instantly Closes - Cant Diagnose The Issue. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi Guys, I'm at a loose end, my computer has one problem which is driving me crazy. My settings app, opens and then immediatly closes. I'm trying to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Pleasehelp2019, Feb 10, 2019.

1. Setting Metro App - Instantly Closes - Cant Diagnose The Issue.

Hi Guys,

I'm at a loose end, my computer has one problem which is driving me crazy. My settings app, opens and then immediatly closes. I'm trying to avoid a fresh install as I have terabytes of data stored.

(Other standalone merto apps are working perfectly apart from the ones that are dependant on) SystemSettings.exe

What I have already tried

Virus and system checks all passed - (Malwarebytes/ Windows Defender)
    Harddrive Scans/Defrags - (No errors)
    Chkdsk -
    (Windows has scanned the file system and found no problems.
    No further action is required.
    )
    Sfc /scannow -
    (Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.)
    Dism Repairs - (Online & From ISO Source)
    (No component store corruption detected.)
    Reset ImmersiveControlPanel Manualy (Renamed to ImmersiveControlPanel.bak)
    (Regenerated Applications Via Powershell) -
    With Command-
    powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRootImmersiveControlPanelAppxManifest.xml
    Results
    cmdlet Add-AppxPackage at command pipeline position 1
    Supply values for the following parameters:
    Path:C:\Windows\ImmersiveControlPanel\appxmanifest.xml
    PS C:\Windows\system32>
    Created new user account (Issue still persists)
    MemTest86 - (No errors)
    Created new WindowsRE for refresh (Mounted Install.wim, extracted Winre.wim and enabled recovery and updated BCD) - Reset Failed

Sorry it's my first post and I dont know how to copy and paste result logs into spoilers/extendables.

Any further sugesstions would be greatly appreciated.

:)

Pleasehelp2019, Feb 10, 2019

2. Metro apps are gray-ed out and crashes instantly

I recently did a system restore on windows 10 and all my metro apps were renamed to something like this: microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_8wekyb3d8bbwe so I decided to reinstall windows 10 by going back to windows 8.1 and reinstalling.

After reinstalling, my metro apps are grayed out when pinned and it instantly crashes when I try to launch. Windows store doesn't work either.

Setting Metro App - Instantly Closes - Cant Diagnose The Issue. acaa0dfb-4290-461d-b7d8-0583b0131186.jpg

Please help !!!

UPDATE: When I try to open a file with a metro app for eg. photos, it says 'The application cannot be started because it is currently updating.' When I create a new user, windows store and the metro apps works fine.

Kitty ♡‏, Feb 10, 2019
  3. Unable to open Metro apps and Powershell command does not fix the issue on Windows 10.

Hi,

We are representing Microsoft as Support Engineers. We will help in resolving the issue as per the description posted by you.

Please reply, did you try the above suggested steps?

If you have not tried, I suggest you to follow the steps suggested in the above post and check if the issue is resolved.

Write to us with the status of metro apps issue on the PC for further assistance.
    Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Feb 10, 2019
  4. Setting Metro App - Instantly Closes - Cant Diagnose The Issue.

Metro apps are gray-ed out and crashes instantly

Hi,

Thank you for using Windows 10.

I would suggest you to follow the steps:

• Open the Task manager. Here’s a tip: Press CTRL+Shift+ESC.
    • Click File > Run New Task
    • Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges”
    • Type CMD
    • Type the following 4 commands at the CMD prompt:

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannow

powershell

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}
    • Close the CMD window
    Check to see if the issue is resolved. If not, restart the PC.

Keep us posted on the status of the issue and we’ll be glad to help.

Navneet Anand, Feb 10, 2019
Thema:

Setting Metro App - Instantly Closes - Cant Diagnose The Issue.

1. Setting Metro App - Instantly Closes - Cant Diagnose The Issue. - Similar Threads - Setting Metro App

2. Windows 10 settings app closes almost instantly after opening it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 settings app closes almost instantly after opening it: Hello everyone,I am running Windows 10 family, version 22H2 with the build 19045.4046.As the title says, my settings app closes instantly after opening it.I have seen this issue posted a couple of times before and often times, the response is : does the problem still occur...
  3. Windows 10, Settings opened then closes Instantly.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10, Settings opened then closes Instantly.: Whenever i try i opening settings after i had cloned windows onto my ssd it instantly closes. Do i have to delete the windows that was on my HDD?...
  4. Windows 10, Settings opened then closes Instantly.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10, Settings opened then closes Instantly.: Whenever i try i opening settings after i had cloned windows onto my ssd it instantly closes. Do i have to delete the windows that was on my HDD?...
  5. Windows 10, Settings opened then closes Instantly.

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Settings Windows 10 closes instantly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Settings Windows 10 closes instantly: I just restarted my pc and set up a new account. Now when I try to open settings it just closes instantly. I cant make a new account, that dosent work, help me please...
  7. Settings app crashes and closes instantly

in Windows 10 Customization
    Settings app crashes and closes instantly: I have an expected problem here. I went to Settings > Personalisation > Colours but every time I click on custom colour, the app crashes for a few seconds and then closes instantly. I don't know what caused this but I really have to get it fixed. Can anyone give me any...
  8. Settings Metro App - Instantly Closes - Cant Diagnose The Issue.

in Windows 10 Support
    Settings Metro App - Instantly Closes - Cant Diagnose The Issue.: Hi Guys, I'm at a loose end, my computer has one problem which is driving me crazy. My settings app, opens and then immediatly closes. I'm trying to avoid a fresh install as I have terabytes of data stored. (Other standalone merto apps are working perfectly apart from the...
  9. System settings instantly closes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System settings instantly closes: After recent update i cant open settings from start menu and notifications area - settings instantly close. Buttons in Notifications inactive and after closing panel, system throws this error. Event log: - <Event...
  10. Windows 10 Settings keeps closing instantly

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Settings keeps closing instantly: I installed Windows 10, but now when I try to open Settings, it appears then disappears instantly. I tried rebooting but it changed nothing. Also... when I right click and choose Personalize... it won't come up. Any way to fix this? 10959