Windows 10: Setting my PC back to default before disposing

Discus and support Setting my PC back to default before disposing in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I need help clearing my PC before I dispose it. How can I do that?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Natty.bn, Aug 7, 2022.

1. Natty.bn Win User

Setting my PC back to default before disposing

I need help clearing my PC before I dispose it. How can I do that?

:)

Natty.bn, Aug 7, 2022

2. Unable to set default browser

• Does this issue happens while you try to set other browser as default too or is it specific to specific browser?

Any browser.

Already did the steps you suggested. It's some kind of bug where it's impossible to set a default browser at all.

I heard elsewhere from one other user
    that it seems to be a problem with upgrading to 10 on the SP3. Sounds very specifc.

guustavooo, Aug 7, 2022
  3. kormath Win User
    Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done Setting my PC back to default before disposing :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Aug 7, 2022
  4. Setting my PC back to default before disposing

Unable to set default browser

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you with this.

The information which you have provided is not enough for us to determine the issue. Please provide us more information.

• Does this issue happens while you try to set other browser as default too or is it specific to specific browser?

To set Internet Explorer/Edge as a default browser, I suggest you to follow the below given steps:

• Press Windows key and type Default Program in search and hit enter.
    • Select "Set your default programs"
    • Click on “Internet Explorer" or “Edge”.
    • Select "Set this program as default” and Click OK.

Please post back with the results and the information asked, we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Aug 7, 2022
Thema:

Setting my PC back to default before disposing

1. Setting my PC back to default before disposing - Similar Threads - Setting default before

2. Resetting Windows 10 PC before sale/disposal

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Resetting Windows 10 PC before sale/disposal: Have just purchased a new Windows 11 PC and managed to migrate my files and folders over from my old Windows 10 PC by using the OneDrive transfer option.Before I move my old PC on by either selling of gifting it, I have performed the "Reset this PC" process within the system...
  3. Resetting Windows 10 PC before sale/disposal

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Resetting Windows 10 PC before sale/disposal: Have just purchased a new Windows 11 PC and managed to migrate my files and folders over from my old Windows 10 PC by using the OneDrive transfer option.Before I move my old PC on by either selling of gifting it, I have performed the "Reset this PC" process within the system...
  4. Resetting Windows 10 PC before sale/disposal

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Setting my PC back to default before disposing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Setting my PC back to default before disposing: I need help clearing my PC before I dispose it. How can I do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/setting-my-pc-back-to-default-before-disposing/a30570aa-f442-4961-a553-17492b223745
  6. Setting my PC back to default before disposing

Setting my PC back to default before disposing: I need help clearing my PC before I dispose it. How can I do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/setting-my-pc-back-to-default-before-disposing/a30570aa-f442-4961-a553-17492b223745
  7. bringing old pc back to default before disposing

in Windows 10 Customization
    bringing old pc back to default before disposing: please tell me how to clear my pc before disposing so no one can get my info https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bringing-old-pc-back-to-default-before-disposing/cd151ec3-bf0f-4bb1-83e6-7605dca886cc
  8. Wiping all data files permanently before disposing of a PC

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Wiping all data files permanently before disposing of a PC: How do I wipe all data files permanently before disposing of a PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wiping-all-data-files-permanently-before-disposing/7b3a050d-a0d3-4b48-9aa3-dda8c3ee4096"
  9. setting colors back to default

in Windows 10 Customization
    setting colors back to default: In Windows 10, is there a way to set the colors and themes back to default? 113412
  10. Set Default Programs before sysprep?

Set Default Programs before sysprep?: This does't seem to carry over after sysprep. So similarly, any good options for mass deployment of default programs? So far I've been testing GPOs to no luck. Using user policy, control panel, file options, replace, docx file extensions and then I've tried the...