Windows 10: Setting of Windows wrecked. Any ways to reset them?

Discus and support Setting of Windows wrecked. Any ways to reset them? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I have a slightly more complicated and strange problem than the title might suggest. I had Mindfactory build me a PC which worked very well and has... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Nemiro, Jun 14, 2020.

1. Nemiro Win User

Setting of Windows wrecked. Any ways to reset them?

I have a slightly more complicated and strange problem than the title might suggest.

I had Mindfactory build me a PC which worked very well and has good performance. With this one I recently ran into a problem when I ran out of memory. When I took a closer look I noticed that 8.25 GB are reserved for the system. I tried to fix this problem myself where I learned that this problem could be solved in the bios.

When I tried to get into the Bios, by each possibility which I found on-line my monitor did not get any signal from my pc, although this was on. E.g. I pressed shift + restart and tried to get into the bios, which caused my monitor to get no signal anymore, or when trying to get into the bios with keys and combis the same happens.

But this is not my real problem. It was annoying because I was lying there but not too bad. Today a friend of mine had the idea that I should reduce the maximum memory in msconfig "to a size that is sufficient for the operating system so that the rest is available". I was very sure that this would not work but he managed to convince me to at least try it. And so I set this to 400 mb and restarted.

The reboot was very slow and I got scared but I got to the desktop but I couldn't do anything although I wanted to reset it immediately.

Then I wanted to undo it in the extended start menu with shift + restart before I logged in but after restarting the pc it went on but didn't give any signal to the monitor.

since then, i haven't been able to get a picture and according to my theory, i could always get into the bios or uefi, where i only have blackscreen, because of an error during startup... i have tried different keys and key combinations and spacebar as well as enter make a kind of restart of the pc. the usb ports reconnect several times and the debug display shows several error messages before they disappear like during a normal startup.

To fix this problem I have removed the cmos battery and put it back in, put the ram in and out and the graphics card and placed it in different places but without success so far, I have also tested the monitor and the HDMI cable but they worked with my laptop.

I would appreciate any help and I hope you can help me with this problem.

Here my hardware

Housing: Sharkoon DG7000-G

CPU:

AMD Ryzen 7 2700X 8x 3.70GHz So.AM4 BOX

Graphics card:8GB ASRock Radeon RX 590 Phantom Gaming X OC Active PCIe 3.0 x16

Mainboard:ASRock Fatal1ty X470 Gaming K4 AMD X470 So.AM4 Dual Channel DDR4 ATX Retail

Ram:16GB (2x 8192MB) Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO black DDR4-3200 DIMM CL16-18-18-36 Dual Kit

:)

Nemiro, Jun 14, 2020
  2. P4-630 Win User

How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Jun 14, 2020
  3. newfellow Win User
    How to reset whole netsh? (Windows 7)

Was wondering has the commands changed somehow since on Windows XP and on Windows Vista 'NETSH INT RESET ALL' cleaned entire netsh up from top to bottom.

Now on Windows 7 this same command says no go and only way I can see it is by building .cmd/.bat which does something like:

Code: netsh winsock reset all netsh int 6to4 reset all netsh int ipv4 reset all netsh int ipv6 reset all netsh int httpstunnel reset all netsh int isatap reset all netsh int portproxy reset all netsh int tcp reset all netsh int teredo reset all[/quote] now the king of the hill of bugs is this doesn't actually do even it's job even after reboot. values setup to are not reset to defaults. (I know I could add more entire list of entries there is, but looking for clean delete/wipe settings & default everything not to dump entire list of resets.)

So, anyone got a plan B?

newfellow, Jun 14, 2020
  4. IggSter Win User

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Jun 14, 2020
Thema:

1. Setting of Windows wrecked. Any ways to reset them? - Similar Threads - Setting wrecked ways

2. Is there any way to fix "Device settings not migrated"???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there any way to fix "Device settings not migrated"???: Hello, I having an issue that my USB hub not detecting any device that connects to it while it only receives power. When I check on the device manager, there is no issue found overall but when I check the device events, it there is a problem while migrating to the windows...
  3. Is there any way to fix "Device settings not migrated"???

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there any way to fix "Device settings not migrated"???: Hello, I having an issue that my USB hub not detecting any device that connects to it while it only receives power. When I check on the device manager, there is no issue found overall but when I check the device events, it there is a problem while migrating to the windows...
  4. Help! The bold letters are way too thick. Any way to make them thinner?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help! The bold letters are way too thick. Any way to make them thinner?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Sharp_Breadstick [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mohivh/help_the_bold_letters_are_way_too_thick_any_way/
  5. Why are Windows emojis so ugly and is there any way to replace them?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why are Windows emojis so ugly and is there any way to replace them?: I hate the ugly black outline of the emojis on Windows. I want to replace the emojis systemwide with Apple's ones. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-are-windows-emojis-so-ugly-and-is-there-any/2326a51e-0486-448a-badb-5b1f473dd875
  6. Can’t open settings in any way

Can’t open settings in any way: I’m currently on a windows 10 laptop and can’t open settings at all no matter what. It’s been like these for a day or so and happened randomly. I’m getting the error message saying “The group or recourse is not in the correct state to perform the requested operation”. Can...
  7. Windows system icons are broken. Any way to fix them?

Windows system icons are broken. Any way to fix them?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/devanshu021 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gtl3ug/windows_system_icons_are_broken_any_way_to_fix/
  8. Is there a way to reset cloud settings on edge beta?

Is there a way to reset cloud settings on edge beta?: Can I delete the cloud settings like I can on chrome? submitted by /u/pmc64 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dsakhw/is_there_a_way_to_reset_cloud_settings_on_edge/
  9. any way to reset children's password in the MS family setting?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    any way to reset children's password in the MS family setting?: Team, i have been looking for a way to reset my kids password. I had only used that account for xbox profile as she is pretty young to use it anywhere else. all the forums only mention about using recovery form to rest password.. which is total BS form as there are so...
  10. Any way to set Defender to update/scan?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Any way to set Defender to update/scan?: Wondering if there is any option within Windows Defender to have it update and scan, I have MSE (W7) set to update and scan every day at 7:00pm and would like to do something similar with Defender in W10. I looked around and there doesn't seem to be anything within Defender,...