Windows 10: Setting one programme not to require admin rights

Discus and support Setting one programme not to require admin rights in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, I have set up a work laptop which is to be handed over to an employee. I have put their printer software on the machine ready to install but... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by RobBoston83, Mar 31, 2020.

1. Setting one programme not to require admin rights

Hi,

I have set up a work laptop which is to be handed over to an employee.

I have put their printer software on the machine ready to install but cannot complete at my end as the printer is at their house.

To install the software properly they would currently need to enter the administrator password which I would not want to give them.

Is there any way to remove the admin password requirement for this 1 program?

:)

RobBoston83, Mar 31, 2020
  2. Matt18 Win User

admin rights keep disappearing!?!!

Hi guys,

I am actually having a problem at work that our IT department hasn't been able to figure out. I am supposed to be a member of the admin group. We are on a domain. The problem is that everytime I reboot the computer I loose my admin rights(no longer in the administrator group) and just become a normal user again. I have tried googling this and didn't get to many results.
    I believe IT is just giving me local admin rights, not admin rights for the whole domain.

Any suggestions?

EDIT: It is on Windows XP Pro.

Matt18, Mar 31, 2020
  3. Namslas90 Win User
    admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Mar 31, 2020
  4. Setting one programme not to require admin rights

Admin rights

Well now you see my issue. I am restarting explorer with admin permission, but nothing changes. It still says I need admin permission when I try to do anything with the files.

power_surge_perf, Mar 31, 2020
Thema:

Setting one programme not to require admin rights

1. Setting one programme not to require admin rights - Similar Threads - Setting programme require

2. Cant do anything that requires admin rights

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant do anything that requires admin rights: Hi! I recently got a laptop from work worked fine until I played with the users settings.. I deleted by mistake the user with admin rights and I have left with a user with no admin rights. I cant do anything now. Is there any way to help? I have tried literally everything.....
  3. Cant do anything that requires admin rights

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant do anything that requires admin rights: Hi! I recently got a laptop from work worked fine until I played with the users settings.. I deleted by mistake the user with admin rights and I have left with a user with no admin rights. I cant do anything now. Is there any way to help? I have tried literally everything.....
  4. No Admin rights

No Admin rights: Hi,I recently turned my PC off and when I have switched it back on, I have lost all admin rights on my PC.Certain programmes won't work such as Spotify and any games that I have installed through Xbox will not load both of which come up with the following error;'Windows...
  5. Program somehow made a file that requires admin rights

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Program somehow made a file that requires admin rights: I was installing a program on my account. It didn't ask for administrator privileges or anything. But when I went to install it, it was a portable app, one single file stuck around, that I somehow needed to put in the admin password to delete. I don't want to ask the admin of...
  6. Admin user rights requires fingerprint; password not an option

in Windows 10 Customization
    Admin user rights requires fingerprint; password not an option: I am admin. In Admin account, Windows Security App & Browser Control is enabled. In a User Account, it is not. When I try to activate it, a window pops up asking for Admin privileges and I am asked for fingerprint. Fingerprint doesn't work. Doesn't work to login to Admin...
  7. No admin rights

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No admin rights: I am logged in under Admin however I am not able to run any programs under Admin. I cannot restore, I cannot open certain programs..... cant do hardly anything https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-admin-rights/8c6b4b42-70c1-4bcd-98d4-5ff9a26fa1ec
  8. Admin rights

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Admin rights: I ran into this problem when I changed to windows 10 upgrade. Should I change my computer name to the Microsoft profile name or would it be easier to just change my Microsoft profile name to match my computer name? Thanks...
  9. Admin Rights

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Admin Rights: How do I turn off passwords without being an Admin https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/admin-rights/298f50bc-2051-4905-94df-23c039e3c9c3"
  10. Window 10 Requires Admin permissions to run programmes

Window 10 Requires Admin permissions to run programmes: Windows has updated itself to latest build on PC. All of a sudden when i attempt to run most of the programmes i get an error message "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc00000e5). Click OK to close the application" Applications that do not open include...