Windows 10: Setting Outlook.com PWA as Default for Mail, Calendar and Contacts in Windows 11

Discus and support Setting Outlook.com PWA as Default for Mail, Calendar and Contacts in Windows 11 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Is this possible and how is it done? Thanks.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by JWadle, Jan 24, 2022.

1. JWadle Win User

Setting Outlook.com PWA as Default for Mail, Calendar and Contacts in Windows 11

Is this possible and how is it done? Thanks.

:)

JWadle, Jan 24, 2022

2. How to import Outlook 2016 calendar to Windows Mail app.

Hi JJG10.

I see you used the word import, is it import or sync that you are after.

If it was a one time import you could "export / save as" your calendar and assuming your actual mail service supported calendar you could import the ics file. There is an app (I haven't used) Calendar Restore that would allow you to import ics file In Windows Calendar according to their documentation.

http://www.intowindows.com/how-to-im...s-10-calendar/

Here is a link to "export" your calendar.

https://www.slipstick.com/outlookcom...-com-calendar/

I'm not using the Windows 10 mail app but I wanted my calendar and contacts to sync from Outlook 2013 to my phone which has a calendar and contact app. In big round steps, I opened an outlook.com account, saved my Outlook 2013 calendar and imported into my new outlook.com account. I also exported by contacts and imported them. Then I added my new outlook.com account to Outlook 2013 and set the Outlook.com as the default "Data" account. Now if I change a contact or a calendar entry in Outlook 2013 it syncs with the outlook.com account which syncs with the necessary apps on my phone.

Depending on your mail domain there could be third party apps to sync Outlook 20xx to your mail account which in turn would sync to the Windows 10 apps. CompanionLink comes to mind. My wife was using but eventually we converted to my method.

Could I ask what domain supplies your mail?

Ken

Caledon Ken, Jan 24, 2022
  3. How to replace the default mail and calendar app with Outlook

Hi Arafat Ahmed,

The calendar application is a stand alone program, thus uninstalling it should not affect the built-in calendar on your Windows device. However, it's not necessary since there's a step-by-step guide on how to automatically set Outlook as the default mail
    and calendar program on your device. To do this, you can click this
    support article
    and follow the step-by-step guide.

Let us know should you need further assistance.

Darwin Dim, Jan 24, 2022
  4. Perry Win User

Setting Outlook.com PWA as Default for Mail, Calendar and Contacts in Windows 11

Make Outlook show calendar notifications in the Windows 10 notification bar

we can set the account up in Windows Mail app, turning off sync for mail and contacts.

Calendar reminders will use the Windows reminder system and display prominently in the corner of your screen, on top of any open programs.

Setting Outlook.com PWA as Default for Mail, Calendar and Contacts in Windows 11 UVUOj.png

Please refer to the steps below:

1. Add your Exchange account to Mail app. Win 10 will automatically configure this account on Calendar App too.
    2. Open Start > Settings > System > Notification&Actions.
    3. Turn on notifications for Outlook and Calendar but turn off the option for Mail.

Setting Outlook.com PWA as Default for Mail, Calendar and Contacts in Windows 11 OLTd5.png

Reference link

Perry, Jan 24, 2022
Thema:

1. Setting Outlook.com PWA as Default for Mail, Calendar and Contacts in Windows 11 - Similar Threads - Setting Outlook com

2. Outlook PWA or New Outlook!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Outlook PWA or New Outlook!!: I have a yahoo mail account and a Outlook PWA account on two live tiles "Windows 10". Up to a few days ago I also used the Mailbox/Calendar app with both accounts in it. I toggled over and tried the "New Outlook" a few weeks ago, but then went back to Mailbox app etc. Over...
  3. YourFamily_000000000000000000023000085c134e5@group s. outlook. com In contacts app for...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    YourFamily_000000000000000000023000085c134e5@group s. outlook. com In contacts app for...: YourFamily_000000000000000000023000085c134e5@groups. outlook. com In contacts app for windows 10 and it wont go away.I tried deleting it and it just keeps coming back. I saw a similar post here: "Your family Group" has appeared in Outlook.com and I - Microsoft Community but...
  4. YourFamily_000000000000000000023000085c134e5@group s. outlook. com In contacts app for...

YourFamily_000000000000000000023000085c134e5@group s. outlook. com In contacts app for...: YourFamily_000000000000000000023000085c134e5@groups. outlook. com In contacts app for windows 10 and it wont go away.I tried deleting it and it just keeps coming back. I saw a similar post here: "Your family Group" has appeared in Outlook.com and I - Microsoft Community but...
  5. Yahoo Mail contacts into Outlook

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Yahoo Mail contacts into Outlook: Export contacts from Yahoo gives CSV no options. Import in Outlook fails. Tried re-save from excel.Really wanted "mailto:" to send to Yahoo Mail which IMAP lets me do, but need Contacts also.Is there a mail client that will access Yahoo contact list?...
  6. Setting Outlook.com PWA as Default for Mail, Calendar and Contacts in Windows 11

Setting Outlook.com PWA as Default for Mail, Calendar and Contacts in Windows 11: Is this possible and how is it done? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/setting-outlookcom-pwa-as-default-for-mail/a6550a96-ae04-4ff2-bcb4-1a3d6833b7bf
  7. Mail contacts to be moved to Outlook

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Mail contacts to be moved to Outlook: I have recently installed Office365 for my mum on her computer. She previously used the Mail app and I have installed Outlook. However, she is complaining that her contacts are not there. I have downloaded the official contacts from her email system but there are some...
  8. Contacts, Calendar, Mail Lost

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Contacts, Calendar, Mail Lost: I opened up my mail this morning and saw all my information and when I went to open up Mail everything was gone including all my contacts and calendar information using Mail for Windows 10. Please advise how to recover this information. I'm not able to find anything....
  9. How to save Outlook settings as well as email, calendar and contacts?

in Browsers and Email
    How to save Outlook settings as well as email, calendar and contacts?: I'd like to be able to save my settings for Outlook 2016 (folders, default address book, page layout etc) as well as my email, calendar and contacts etc. I know how to save .pst files for data, but is it possible to save visual preferences as well? 102087
  10. Importing Calendar and Contacts from Outlook 2016 to Windows 10 Mail

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Importing Calendar and Contacts from Outlook 2016 to Windows 10 Mail: I have Outlook 2016 installed as part of Office on my Windows 10 computer and would like to import the 2016 contacts and calendar to the Windows 10 Mail app. I have searched to web for instructions for doing so but have not found an answer. I intend to use the Mail app on a...