Windows 10: setting registry settings to default

Discus and support setting registry settings to default in Cortana to solve the problem; I downloaded iobit advanced system care and CCleaner to get more storage but it made some changes to the Windows registry due to which, my search bar... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Muhammad Luqman Qureshi, Nov 1, 2019.

1. setting registry settings to default

I downloaded iobit advanced system care and CCleaner to get more storage but it made some changes to the Windows registry due to which, my search bar is displaying correct results. I tried searching for troubleshooting and add or remove a program, but no or incorrect result showed up so is there any way to roll back the changes?

:)

Muhammad Luqman Qureshi, Nov 1, 2019
  2. Naresh_K Win User

Not able to set a printer as default.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand you are not able to
    set a printer as default
    . Please follow the suggestion provided by IdeActive (ignore other suggestions) on the thread:

cannot set printer as default again after installing Windows Office 10. lost your answer from last time.
    You may also check the steps provided in the article:

Fix printer connection and printing problems in Windows 10

Note: The registry is a database in Windows that contains important information about system hardware, installed programs and settings, and profiles of each of the user accounts on the computer. Windows often reads and updates
    the information in the registry. Normally, software programs make registry changes automatically. You should not make unnecessary changes to the registry. Changing registry files incorrectly can cause Windows to stop working
    or make Windows report the wrong information.

Please take a backup of the registry. Follow the steps given in the link below.

Link: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/322756/how-to-back-up-and-restore-the-registry-in-windows

If you need any further assistance, please write back with the following information:

1. What is that make and model number of the printer?
    2. Which operating system are you using?

Regards,

Naresh_K, Nov 1, 2019
  3. Unable to set default browser

• Does this issue happens while you try to set other browser as default too or is it specific to specific browser?

Any browser.

Already did the steps you suggested. It's some kind of bug where it's impossible to set a default browser at all.

I heard elsewhere from one other user
    that it seems to be a problem with upgrading to 10 on the SP3. Sounds very specifc.

guustavooo, Nov 1, 2019
  4. setting registry settings to default

Unable to set default browser

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you with this.

The information which you have provided is not enough for us to determine the issue. Please provide us more information.

• Does this issue happens while you try to set other browser as default too or is it specific to specific browser?

To set Internet Explorer/Edge as a default browser, I suggest you to follow the below given steps:

• Press Windows key and type Default Program in search and hit enter.
    • Select "Set your default programs"
    • Click on “Internet Explorer" or “Edge”.
    • Select "Set this program as default” and Click OK.

Please post back with the results and the information asked, we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Nov 1, 2019
Thema:

setting registry settings to default

1. setting registry settings to default - Similar Threads - setting registry settings

2. Problem with registry setting default e-mail client

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with registry setting default e-mail client: In Windows 10, I was using Outlook desktop as my default e-mail client. I then changed the default app to "Thunderbird" When I look in the registry Current User Software Clients Mail it still shows "Microsoft Outlook" as the default mail app. This is affecting how our...
  3. Problem with registry setting default e-mail client

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with registry setting default e-mail client: In Windows 10, I was using Outlook desktop as my default e-mail client. I then changed the default app to "Thunderbird" When I look in the registry Current User Software Clients Mail it still shows "Microsoft Outlook" as the default mail app. This is affecting how our...
  4. Default Settings?

in Windows 10 Support
    Default Settings?: Hi, How do I reset my Laptop colours back to original specs? Cheers, Keith 184158
  5. Default setting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Default setting: Someone changed all my desktop, icon, and font size/ setting. I just want to get them back to default. Is there a way to do that without resetting the computer, I have programs I can't lose on there?...
  6. Default settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Default settings: I want to use Canon Digital Photo Professional as my default photo handler. How can I do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/default-settings/2ddfa9de-4cbc-4b9b-bf91-24c81ed6adfb
  7. "Registry Editor" system default setting

in Windows 10 Customization
    "Registry Editor" system default setting: I want to know how to restore system default settings of 'Registry Editor'. I just messed up with some of these settings and I don't remember exactly what I changed. So now I want to reset or restore these settings to system default (as it came with the windows) instead reset...
  8. default settings

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    default settings: how do I make chrome my default browser in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/default-settings/3c5f0acb-ec83-43b9-b697-c9869e1fff88
  9. set AutoPlay defaults with registry editor

in Windows 10 Support
    set AutoPlay defaults with registry editor: Do you know how to set the AutoPlay defaults with the registry editor? For example, I would prefer the default to be set to "Open a folder to view files (File Explorer) for "Removable Drive" and "Memory Card," but I don't exactly know how to set this in the registry editor...
  10. setting chrome as default browser in registry

in Browsers and Email
    setting chrome as default browser in registry: I have nothing against Internet Explorer but at work I need to be using google chrome because of it extensions. thing is, my workplace has a group policy on all office computer so that every time a computer is restarted - Internet Explorer is set to be the default browser....