Windows 10: Setting screen time in MS Family

Discus and support Setting screen time in MS Family in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; As I see I can only set a screen time for my child with a minimum of 30 minutes. Can I change it and adjust the settings so I could set a screen time... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by BLAIZEJacques, Oct 30, 2018.

1. Setting screen time in MS Family

As I see I can only set a screen time for my child with a minimum of 30 minutes. Can I change it and adjust the settings so I could set a screen time like 3.30 – 4.15?

:)

BLAIZEJacques, Oct 30, 2018
  2. Anonimiss Win User

Family Screen time is not working!

I had this exact problem and these are the steps I took to get the issue resolved:

• Navigate to family safety settings and remove the child from the family having issues.
    • Login to the childs account and launch Settings (windows key + i)
    • Click the Accounts icon and select Sign in with local account instead
    • Follow the steps to change to a local account. When completed, Login back to your account (admin account)
    • Go back to the family safety settings and add your child back to the family group.
    • Access your childs email address to accept the family invitation
    • Verify the child now shows properly in the family settings and that the screen times are still correct.
    • Login to the childs account and launch Settings (windows key + i)
    • Click the Accounts icon and select Sign in with microsoft account instead
    • Your family settings should now take affect.

I know this is pretty tedious, but like I said, it worked for me. If you are still having trouble, I suggest contacting support and they can help walk you through the steps to get it resolved.

Anonimiss, Oct 30, 2018
  3. Family Safety screen time stuck on old settings

• I set up family safety settings under windows 8.
    • Configured screen time options to for only daytime, so as to prevent my son from using the computer too early or too late in the day.
    • I've upgraded the computer to Windows 10 (live update, not a fresh install).
    • Now I want to change the screen time settings for my son. Nothing I have attempted (short of clean install of Windows) has worked.
      • Changing time settings doesn't work
      • Turning off Screen Time doesn't help
      • Removing/Adding his account from family safety doesn't help
      • Removing/Adding the computer from family safety doesn't help
    • I don't see a Windows Family Safety service running on the machine, which is odd.
    • I really don't want to do a fresh Windows install.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Noyabronok1, Oct 30, 2018
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Setting screen time in MS Family

Child is logging despite screen time blocked in family settings

Hi Audrey,

Since the issue still persists, to address your concern, we suggest that you follow the steps shared by
    Anonimiss on this thread about troubleshooting Family Settings.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Oct 30, 2018
Thema:

Setting screen time in MS Family

1. Setting screen time in MS Family - Similar Threads - Setting screen Family

2. screen times/ family settings

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    screen times/ family settings: I have set screen times for my daughter of ten, and blocked certain wsebsites. The settings synchronoize with her linked device. My daughter is a standard user, she doesn't know how to access her Microsoft account, but she logs in with her Microsoft account. Often, when...
  3. screen times/ family settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    screen times/ family settings: I have set screen times for my daughter of ten, and blocked certain wsebsites. The settings synchronoize with her linked device. My daughter is a standard user, she doesn't know how to access her Microsoft account, but she logs in with her Microsoft account. Often, when...
  4. screen times/ family settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Locked out of laptop by MS Family screen time

Locked out of laptop by MS Family screen time: My son's laptop is completely blocked from use by rogue Microsoft Family screen time settings. We can get to the login screen and log in, but are immediately presented with a "Times Up" dialog box that says "This device is locked because of your family settings for screen...
  6. ms family account screen time limits not working

ms family account screen time limits not working: Hi Despite trying all the suggestions I can find online to fix it screen time limits have not been working for months. The limit is set correctly but Windows appears to ignore it. Family activity reporting shows that the activity duration is greater than the limit set....
  7. Family Settings Times

Family Settings Times: I have just set up Family account as my kids now have their own devices but the reporting time is not correct. Even though all devices are set to the same region and timezone the activity reports don't match the days and times my kids are on their devices. In addition when I...
  8. MS Family Screen Time - Locked Screen

MS Family Screen Time - Locked Screen: On some days, MS Family reports more than 9 hours of screen time on my child’s account when I’m confident it should be far less. Does MS Family keep the clock running even when the screen is locked? If so, I suggest you pause the clock when the screen is locked....
  9. MS Family Screen Time keeps resetting to unlimited

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    MS Family Screen Time keeps resetting to unlimited: I used screen time limiting successfully in the past. But since a few months it doesn't work anymore. I set device limits to ON and configure time limits and allowance windows, it works for maybe 12-24 hours but later I find out that my children have unlimited screen time....
  10. Family screen time

Family screen time: Hello I have recently got a desk to for my child and applied a set screen time. He has told me he can't use his computer at all even after removing the screen time. I can not get into the computer to add myself or even reboot the computer. I am shut out....