Windows 10: Setting screen time limits on a group of apps in Family Safety

Discus and support Setting screen time limits on a group of apps in Family Safety in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; HelloI have set up screen time using Family Safety to limit the amount of time my son spends on games. However, he has a number of different games... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by HecticSalmon, Nov 24, 2021.

1. Setting screen time limits on a group of apps in Family Safety

HelloI have set up screen time using Family Safety to limit the amount of time my son spends on games. However, he has a number of different games installed and it seems that I need to set up separate limits for them, e.g. set up a 2 hour limit on game1, then set up a 2 hour limit on game2, etc. What I would like to do is set a total limit on all apps I designate as "games", e.g. 2 hours per day, to be shared among these apps. Without this he can just spend 2 hours on one game and then spend another 2 hours on a different game which defeats the point of having limits.Is this possible, or if

:)

HecticSalmon, Nov 24, 2021
  2. Brink Win User

New Microsoft Family Safety Preview app for Android and iOS

Source: Microsoft Family Safety: Protect Your Family - Office Insider Blog

Brink, Nov 24, 2021
  3. Anonimiss Win User
    Windows 10 Family Safety time limits not working

I had this exact problem and these are the steps I took to get the issue resolved:

• Navigate to family safety settings and remove the child from the family having issues.
    • Login to the childs account and launch Settings (windows key + i)
    • Click the Accounts icon and select Sign in with local account instead
    • Follow the steps to change to a local account. When completed, Login back to your account (admin account)
    • Go back to the family safety settings and add your child back to the family group.
    • Access your childs email address to accept the family invitation
    • Verify the child now shows properly in the family settings and that the screen times are still correct.
    • Login to the childs account and launch Settings (windows key + i)
    • Click the Accounts icon and select Sign in with microsoft account instead
    • Your family settings should now take affect.

I know this is pretty tedious, but like I said, it worked for me. If you are still having trouble, I suggest contacting support and they can help walk you through the steps to get it resolved.

Anonimiss, Nov 24, 2021
  4. Setting screen time limits on a group of apps in Family Safety

Family Safety screen time stuck on old settings

• I set up family safety settings under windows 8.
    • Configured screen time options to for only daytime, so as to prevent my son from using the computer too early or too late in the day.
    • I've upgraded the computer to Windows 10 (live update, not a fresh install).
    • Now I want to change the screen time settings for my son. Nothing I have attempted (short of clean install of Windows) has worked.
      • Changing time settings doesn't work
      • Turning off Screen Time doesn't help
      • Removing/Adding his account from family safety doesn't help
      • Removing/Adding the computer from family safety doesn't help
    • I don't see a Windows Family Safety service running on the machine, which is odd.
    • I really don't want to do a fresh Windows install.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Noyabronok1, Nov 24, 2021
Thema:

Setting screen time limits on a group of apps in Family Safety

1. Setting screen time limits on a group of apps in Family Safety - Similar Threads - Setting screen limits

2. Family safety time limit not limiting time?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family safety time limit not limiting time?: I've set a 30min limit on Saturday and Sundays for my son but he is able to carry on for longer without the limit stopping him. How do I make it work?...
  3. Family safety time limit not limiting time?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Family safety time limit not limiting time?: I've set a 30min limit on Saturday and Sundays for my son but he is able to carry on for longer without the limit stopping him. How do I make it work?...
  4. Time Limit For A Group of Apps in Family

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Time Limit For A Group of Apps in Family: In Microsoft Family I need a feature where I can set a time limit for a group of apps together. This important for video game limits for example. If I can only limit time per app then I either have to make the limits on game apps very short which isn’t fair or give larger...
  5. Time Limit For A Group of Apps in Family

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Time Limit For A Group of Apps in Family: In Microsoft Family I need a feature where I can set a time limit for a group of apps together. This important for video game limits for example. If I can only limit time per app then I either have to make the limits on game apps very short which isn’t fair or give larger...
  6. Time Limit For A Group of Apps in Family

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Setting screen time limits on a group of apps in Family Safety

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Setting screen time limits on a group of apps in Family Safety: HelloI have set up screen time using Family Safety to limit the amount of time my son spends on games. However, he has a number of different games installed and it seems that I need to set up separate limits for them, e.g. set up a 2 hour limit on game1, then set up a 2 hour...
  8. Setting screen time limits on a group of apps in Family Safety

Setting screen time limits on a group of apps in Family Safety: HelloI have set up screen time using Family Safety to limit the amount of time my son spends on games. However, he has a number of different games installed and it seems that I need to set up separate limits for them, e.g. set up a 2 hour limit on game1, then set up a 2 hour...
  9. Family safety screen time limits not working

Family safety screen time limits not working: Hi CommunityI have a problem with Microsoft 365 screen time limits. Can anyone suggest a fix?My children are in my family group, and they are set up with limits across all devices. The limits work on the Xbox and a laptop computer, but on another desktop computer they have no...
  10. Family Safety Screen Time Limits: Setting Custom Extension Times

Family Safety Screen Time Limits: Setting Custom Extension Times: Our family uses Family Safety to limit screen time. We block access at all times so that we have to authorize screen time any time my son wants to use the PC. When we give him permission to watch we have options like 15 mins, 30 mins, 1 hour, 2 hours, etc.. When he runs...