Windows 10: Setting search stopped working

Discus and support Setting search stopped working in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; it used to work before, now it stopped, I tried everything, sfc, DISM checks, says nothing wrong, checked Indexes in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JohnnyS1, Oct 29, 2018.

1. JohnnyS1 Win User

Setting search stopped working

it used to work before, now it stopped, I tried everything, sfc, DISM checks, says nothing wrong, checked Indexes in windows.immersivecontrolpanel_cw5n1h2txyewy/LocalState there was nothing, made another account, there was nothing in LocalState folder but setting search worked.

:)

JohnnyS1, Oct 29, 2018

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Oct 29, 2018
  3. Windows 10: Settings search not working

Hi Geoffs,

As you are still facing an issue with Windows search, I suggest you to try the steps below and check if this helps.

Restart Windows Search Service

Try restarting Windows search service by following the steps below and check if it helps.

1. Press Windows + R key, type services.msc and press
    enter.

2. Right click Windows Search and stop the service.

3. Right click again and start the service.

4. Right click and select Properties

5. Change the startup type to automatic
    and save the changes.

I also suggest you to install the latest Windows updates and check.

Windows Update helps keep your computer up to date with the latest system updates and drivers which can resolve the issue you are facing. You can check Windows Update manually to help ensure you have the latest updates.

• Click on Start and select Settings.
    • Click on Update & Security.
    • Now click on Check for updates.

Get back to us if you need further assistance.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Oct 29, 2018
  4. Setting search stopped working

Windows 10 Search Stops Working

I am also having difficulties with the "search the web and Windows" bar next to the windows start button, your solution here "
    I suggest you try rebuilding the index and check if issue is resolved. To rebuild all the index, kindly follow the below given steps:

• Press Windows key, type Indexing and hit enter.
    • Click on Advanced button.
    • Click Rebuild under Troubleshooting section and click OK.
    • Try searching and see if issue is fixed." WILL NOT WORK as when I type in that search bar all I get is an empty white box.

KatNashRamblerkat, Oct 29, 2018
Thema:

Setting search stopped working

1. Setting search stopped working - Similar Threads - Setting search stopped

2. Windows search stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows search stopped working: Clicking the search icon in the task bar has no effect, also typing in start menu does nothing.Every time I click on the search icon a system error is logged in the event log:Unable to start a DCOM Server:...
  3. Search Stopped Working OVernight

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Search Stopped Working OVernight: It doesn't matter how I try to get into Windows 11 Search, nothing works: the link on Taskbar doesn't even open the Search Bar; Start Menu opens & works, but when I tried to use Search Bar, entire Start Menu closes; when I open File Explorer, everything works but won't allow...
  4. Search Stopped Working OVernight

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search Stopped Working OVernight: It doesn't matter how I try to get into Windows 11 Search, nothing works: the link on Taskbar doesn't even open the Search Bar; Start Menu opens & works, but when I tried to use Search Bar, entire Start Menu closes; when I open File Explorer, everything works but won't allow...
  5. Windows search stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows search stopped working: hello everyone I am having immense problems with my search box in windows 10. I cannot type words within windows 10 search box on the desktop, in the search box in windows explorer on the top right, within sticky notes and also within settings menu. I have tried many many...
  6. Windows search stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows search stopped working: hello everyone I am having immense problems with my search box in windows 10. I cannot type words within windows 10 search box on the desktop, in the search box in windows explorer on the top right, within sticky notes and also within settings menu. I have tried many many...
  7. Settings search not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Settings search not working: My settings search is not working it keeps showing no result . I have tried everything sfc scan, dism scan , troubleshoot searching index. I found out that SearchUi.exe is suspended . How should I fix this? Also if I create a new account the settings search works...
  8. Search Settings not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Search Settings not working: When I go in the Windows settings app and search for something, it just says "No results for blank". [ATTACH] After a bit of research, I found that the problem might be that my "C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Packages\windows.immersivecontrolpanel_cw5n1h2txyewy\LocalState"...
  9. Settings search not working

in Cortana
    Settings search not working: I'm not getting any results, even though it appears to be searching for quite a long time, given how easy it hopefully is for a computer. So how can I make it work? What exact circumstances need to be met, in order for search in settings to work? I'm on Windows...
  10. Program search stopped working

in Windows 10 Support
    Program search stopped working: I tried the other day to search for a program on the start menu and it worked fine. I then set up Cortana for speech mode and all I get now when typing in the box are four blue dots scrolling at the top of the search box. Anyone know a fix or will MS fix this in SR1? Tim...