Windows 10: Setting secondary monitor to top-bottom configuration by default

Discus and support Setting secondary monitor to top-bottom configuration by default in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi. I am working in hot desk environment where each desk has a docking station with an external monitor. When I sit at a desk that I've never sat... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by PeterPan_SG, Feb 19, 2019.

1. Setting secondary monitor to top-bottom configuration by default

Hi. I am working in hot desk environment where each desk has a docking station with an external monitor. When I sit at a desk that I've never sat before the external monitor is automatically added to my desktop as the right screen (Screen 1 Screen 2 configuration). However I need to change it to
    Screen 2
    Screen 1

configuration because the laptop is placed below the external monitor. Is there a way to change in the display settings or registry to force it to top-bottom configuration so every desk I use it will be always this configuration?

Thanks.

Peter

:)

PeterPan_SG, Feb 19, 2019

2. Setting Up A Older Secondary Monitor

ok decided to reopen in the hopes someone might have a solution for a new issues i noticed. when i do a restart the secondary monitor takes over, and not until windows is about to go to the desktop does the secondary monitor turn off and the primary display turn on. i would think there is some way to make the default monitor stay on during a reboot. any suggestion would be great. thanks

main monitor dvi to hdmi on video card
    secondary monitor dvi to dvi

xXWhackerXx, Feb 19, 2019
  3. I have three monitors. How I can set the default secondary display?

Hi,

Using a monitor that has a plug and play features is always ready to use. In order to make multiple monitors usable, you need to extend your display to them and make sure that all devices were plugged in properly and detected by your computer. You can follow
    the steps below to enable all your monitors:

• Make sure that you close all your programs.
    • Press Windows + P to open the project settings.
    • Select Extend to make all your monitors viewable and connected to each other.
    • Once you see that all your displays are active, right-click the monitor’s desktop and configure the
      Display settings. Select which one should be the primary, secondary and tertiary display.
    • Click Apply.
    • Click Keep changes to finish.

Setting secondary monitor to top-bottom configuration by default 0d3671fa-5b8f-49b4-98c8-59d0b5bbab30.jpg

Setting secondary monitor to top-bottom configuration by default 8ce38380-9415-4542-822d-2a2c0612552d.png

Let us know if you need more help.

Johann Eva, Feb 19, 2019
  4. Setting secondary monitor to top-bottom configuration by default

Color Management of external monitor Windows 10 not permanent

Hi Frank,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per your query, I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

First connect the secondary monitor and then run the color calibration tool. Then with the secondary monitor connected, follow these steps:

a) Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

b) Change the view by option on the right top to large icons.

c) Click on Color Management.

d) Against device, select the secondary monitor and check, "use my settings for this device".

e) In the bottom, highlight a profile and select "set as default profile".

Save changes and check if the issue persists. Let us know the results for further assistance.

Santosh_Rai, Feb 19, 2019
Thema:

Setting secondary monitor to top-bottom configuration by default

1. Setting secondary monitor to top-bottom configuration by default - Similar Threads - Setting secondary monitor

2. Toolbar on secondary monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Toolbar on secondary monitor: This is the same question that GrandPheonix has asked.https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/toolbar-on-secondary-monitor/e00b197a-1143-4207-b0be-618ee4986eccIs there a way to either change this in any of the windows settings or does this have to be coded into...
  3. task bar will not stay set to bottom, reverts to top

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    task bar will not stay set to bottom, reverts to top: when I set the task bar to any thing but top after a second or two it goes right back to top? Thanks Chris...
  4. Secondary Monitor Blurry

in Windows 10 Customization
    Secondary Monitor Blurry: Any secondary monitor connected to this new laptop is blurry. I have tried several work-arounds (scaling adjustments) but nothing has improved the second monitor. even i followed the below link https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4091364/windows-10-fix-blurry-apps....
  5. Always scroll to the top or bottom

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Always scroll to the top or bottom: I have a problem with my PC which runs Windows 10. Here are some errors of them, Even now I can't type properly in this text box the cursor always move to the top left corner In any browser the web pages scroll to the top or bottom of it always In MS OFFICE and other...
  6. Set Resource Monitor to Always on Top

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Set Resource Monitor to Always on Top: Greetings! I'm using Windows 10, and I've tried using DeskPins and TurboTop to achieve it but they both failed. I did confirm that the programs worked on other software. It just wouldn't work with Resource monitor. (Known limitation?) Is there any other way to achieve this?...
  7. Custom Bing 'Top Sites' configuration and settings broken.

in Browsers and Email
    Custom Bing 'Top Sites' configuration and settings broken.: I noticed this yesterday. In MS Edge, if you click 'new tab' you get an option to customise the page and in my case I have it to display my top or favorite sites. The problem is that suddenly they are all mixed, all the first bunch that were pinned or now unpinned and...
  8. Secondary Monitor Touchscreen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Secondary Monitor Touchscreen: Hello, I have a theater room with a projector as my main display. I have recently bought an old Mimo UM-740 7" touchscreen. I have it working as a secondary display, problem is, the touch screen is moving the mouse on the main display. Is there a way to have just the...
  9. Secondary monitor

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Secondary monitor: Recently I bought a slightly larger monitor and planned to use the older one as a secondary monitor. I went in via 'Display Settings' but have managed to screw things up and I've ended up making this smaller monitor the primary one. How might I reverse this and thus make the...
  10. Setting Up A Older Secondary Monitor

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Setting Up A Older Secondary Monitor: i have a old philips 180p2g/00 h 18 inch lcd monitor and would like to set it up as a secondary monitor just to show pdf's on for recipes. i want to keep my main monitor set the way it current is. can can one point me at a good tutorial for doing this? thanks 98185

Users found this page by searching for:

1. monitor configuration top and bottom