Windows 10: Setting spotify as my main music player for a keyboard shortcut.

Discus and support Setting spotify as my main music player for a keyboard shortcut. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have been trying to get spotify to be my main musical player all morning. I simply want to be able to press my media button on my remote keyboard and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Mr__coach, Jan 15, 2021.

1. Setting spotify as my main music player for a keyboard shortcut.

I have been trying to get spotify to be my main musical player all morning. I simply want to be able to press my media button on my remote keyboard and start spotify. I have tried two things so far one of them failed and the other one I simply cannot perform due my own inabillity to understand the steps I want to perform.

First thing I tried was to select an mp3 file and select open with and then open always with spotify. Though due windows' protection of "windowsapps" folder and the folder being hidden, even revealing the folder in admin mode, restricts this process.

Secondly, I tried to adapt the shortcut on my keyboard through the device manager. Sadly, I simply couldn't find out how to do it. Even googling a sollution did not provide a nice sollution for it.

I have Windows 10 Pro, OS build: 19042.746 Experience pack 120.2212.551.0 and the keyboard I'm using is a Logitech Y-RH35.

TL;DR - Need help changing either button shortcut to spotify or setting spotify as my main music media player.

submitted by /u/Mr__coach
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Mr__coach, Jan 15, 2021
  2. UrunTekin Win User

Default Music Player

Hello,

I want to assign my keyboard's launch music player key to Spotify on win 10. For this I need to either assign the media key to the program somehow, or change the default music player.

The default music player is Groove and this is the one that starts when I press music player button. I cannot change the default program to Spotify, because it does not show up in the list when I go to default programs > music player. It suggest I search
    in the store, so I downloaded store version of Spotify as well, and it still doesn't show up there.

So how do I either change the behaviour of the music launcher key, or change the default music player to a program that does not show up in the list of music players under default programs.

UrunTekin, Jan 15, 2021
  3. How to make Spotify as my default music player for windows 10 on PC and Spotify App on Surface!

That's not what we're asking; we want to make it so that when we push the music keyboard shortcut, it opens Spotify. That's it

Kyle_11212, Jan 15, 2021
  4. studencio Win User

Setting spotify as my main music player for a keyboard shortcut.

How to make Spotify as my default music player for windows 10 on PC and Spotify App on Surface!

Mmm. I'm having difficulty associating. I am trying to make Spotify my default player so when I invoke it from my keyboard it opens Spotify and not Groove.

I have the Spotify store app. If I try to associate MP3s to Spotify using the win10 settings app, it takes me to the store but hides the app and shows other music apps that are not Spotify. If I try to associate using the Control Panel, it takes me to win10
    settings app.

Both paths to the Spotify exe I mentioned above I found in the appdata folder. Its size was 0 kb, yet when I double-clicked on the exe it opened Spotify.

I am not sure what to do to make my keyboard invoke Spotify when I press Fn+F4. That's all I want to do.

studencio, Jan 15, 2021
Thema:

Setting spotify as my main music player for a keyboard shortcut.

1. Setting spotify as my main music player for a keyboard shortcut. - Similar Threads - Setting spotify main

2. Setting the default program for music player to a directory and .exe for Spotify music to...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Setting the default program for music player to a directory and .exe for Spotify music to...: I have a key on my keyboard that opens music, all the buttons open programs and I like having that. Browser opens firefox, computer opens files, email opens emails, and the music key on my keyboard opens groove music which I do not use. I went into set default music player,...
  3. Spotify as default music app

in Windows 10 Customization
    Spotify as default music app: Hi, i was wondering why I can't seem to be able to add spotify as my default music app? I'm in the latest version of Windows 10 pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/spotify-as-default-music-app/413124c1-46e1-4c0c-aac7-80db35e908de
  4. Looking for a music player

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Looking for a music player: I need to make playlists from local files, but I want the playlists to have images. Spotify doesn't work in my country. I really want it to be UWP, but normal works as well. VLC UWP is the closest I've found, but the playlists don't let you add covers submitted by...
  5. Cortana not playing any music on Spotify

in Cortana
    Cortana not playing any music on Spotify: So this is an issue I'm having on Windows 10, my phone (iPhone), and on my new speaker. I just started using Cortana after winning Harman Kardon Invoke from Microsoft rewards. After getting everything set up I saw everything worked except for Spotify. I see most of the...
  6. music player.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    music player.: Internet Edge forced itself onto my computer after I rejected it. Now I cannot find any of my downloaded music...Can you help me find it? It was stored in my player. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/music-player/b3e561d8-e6b4-4e3c-9b7b-0a363f84ad15"
  7. Spotify Music, Microsoft Currency

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Spotify Music, Microsoft Currency: Can i use my microsoft currency as a payment for spotify premium? The reason i ask is cause i dont have a deit/credit card and paypal https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/spotify-music-microsoft-currency/90f48e0a-4f5a-4f9f-9f82-a4ef14fb6914"
  8. Music player/manager.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Music player/manager.: Is there any music player like winamp but can search within a playlist to let you que up songs to play before the other items in the list you are playing? Or instead of duplicating files in a list to get them to play more you can just raise their shuffle priority? So many...
  9. music video players

music video players: i went to mozzillafirefox to finally be able to download almost any music and then some videos have videos WINX youtube free downloader etc. is there a way to consolidate all to one player such as media 10. and because i am paranoid from previous videos dissappearing before i...
  10. music player

music player: Hi all, please could someone tell me how to move my music back to windows media player, I have problems using interface of Groove Music, and since someone f****d about with my laptop, they seem to have moved music to aforesaid Groove... please please help *Sad*Mad*Confused...