Windows 10: Setting, start menu, notification center, search menu not working

Discus and support Setting, start menu, notification center, search menu not working in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, after recent updates from Windows, I've found a lot of problems. I can't access the start menu, search menu, action center, task bar, as well as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Cleo_0612, Feb 7, 2021.

1. Cleo_0612 Win User

Setting, start menu, notification center, search menu not working

Hello, after recent updates from Windows, I've found a lot of problems. I can't access the start menu, search menu, action center, task bar, as well as setting. When I try to use the keyboard shortcut to open the settings, it said something along the line like 'Class Not Registered.' It's the same even when I tried to connect to a new internet connection, and opening a music and image files. I've tried a lot of tips I've found on the internet such as command prompt as well as reinstalling, however it didn't work too. Would formatting my laptop heal this problem and turn my computer to normal? Or is there any other ways?

:)

Cleo_0612, Feb 7, 2021

2. Start Menu Search not working

Hi Dev,

I followed the above step, did not work for me. Searching in start menu is very slow. Please suggest appropriate solution.

Regards,

Bhavesh

BhaveshKirange, Feb 7, 2021
  3. Start Menu Search

Hi,

About your issue regarding the Start menu or Search, in order for us to assist you better. Please answer the question:

• Were there any recent changes made to your system prior to the issue?

In the meantime, we suggest you to check this link:
    Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana
    . It contains troubleshooting steps prior to the issue.

We'll look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Feb 7, 2021
  4. Darknova Win User

Start menu default internet acces icon screwed?

You generally set that via the Start Menu settings (right-click start menu -> properties).

I had that issues a while ago, and it meant removing it from the Start Menu, and reinstalling my browser to get the icon back, it was very odd.

Darknova, Feb 7, 2021
Thema:

1. Setting, start menu, notification center, search menu not working - Similar Threads - Setting start menu

2. Unable to access ANY start menu, Cortana, Search, notification access center, or Settings...

in Cortana
    Unable to access ANY start menu, Cortana, Search, notification access center, or Settings...: Since late October 2022, we an IT Help Desk have begun to see This app has been blocked by your system administrator. Contact your system administrator for more info. Having searched for two weeks with every variation we can think of, we haven't found a solution yet. It's...
  3. Unable to access ANY start menu, Cortana, Search, notification access center, or Settings...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to access ANY start menu, Cortana, Search, notification access center, or Settings...: Since late October 2022, we an IT Help Desk have begun to see This app has been blocked by your system administrator. Contact your system administrator for more info. Having searched for two weeks with every variation we can think of, we haven't found a solution yet. It's...
  4. Unable to access ANY start menu, Cortana, Search, notification access center, or Settings...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Settings and search bar of start menu not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Settings and search bar of start menu not working.: I was facing some issues with the latest Windows 10 KB5014699. So I uninstalled that version. Now, when I try to open settings it just briefly flashes and disappears. And my windows search bar also not working....
  6. Settings and search bar of start menu not working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Settings and search bar of start menu not working.: I was facing some issues with the latest Windows 10 KB5014699. So I uninstalled that version. Now, when I try to open settings it just briefly flashes and disappears. And my windows search bar also not working....
  7. Settings and search bar of start menu not working.

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Start menu, settings, search and notifications are not opening

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start menu, settings, search and notifications are not opening: Since a few days I cannot open any standard microsoft apps. While typing this I also noticed that pressing anything like sound, internet icon, language or battery on the taskbar doesn't work either. Sadly there doesn't seem to be a new update for Windows 10, and installing...
  9. Windows Reset - Start Menu, Search, Action Center not working, Settings, Edge and...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Reset - Start Menu, Search, Action Center not working, Settings, Edge and...: Hi I performed a windows reset on my Surface Pro (2018 edition) as I was having some DNS/VPN issues (I didn't have much installed on the PC, so figured a reset would be the most straight forward fix). Since I have performed the reset, my start menu, search bar and action...
  10. Start Menu , Search and Notifications not work

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu , Search and Notifications not work: Hello , suddenly my start menu , search and notifications not work. Even if i click on it it dont opens. I did this solution with this copy pasta at PowerShell but dont works : Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register...