Windows 10: Setting the priority for a system service on boot

Discus and support Setting the priority for a system service on boot in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I'm trying to ensure that a newly installed system service does not steal resources from other more important services. To achieve this I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Petey_B, Nov 7, 2018.

1. Petey_B Win User

Setting the priority for a system service on boot

I'm trying to ensure that a newly installed system service does not steal resources from other more important services.

To achieve this I have attempted to modify the ImagePath key within the app's Registry entry in services

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\ServiceName\

My entry looks like this

"c:\windows\system32\cmd.exe"/c start "name" /belownormal "pathtoservice.exe" -c "configpath"

However this does not work, resulting in a short flash of a window (no readable error) when run from CMD, and when entered into ImagePath It simply results in an error saying the program didn't / can't respond to "start or control"

I'm assuming this is because I'm not setting a launch parameter so much as I am handing the first executable over as the application which is to be controlled and since CMD isn't a service nor is start a container for a service, this simply doesn't work

However I haven't been able to locate an alternative, any and all suggestions welcomed.

:)

Petey_B, Nov 7, 2018

2. How to set boot priority sequence permanently on Lenovo G 50 70

My laptop is running on Window10 efficiently. Sometimes in order to check the DVDs and USBs bootability of newly created OS or Recovery Disk etc I have to select the relative option in the the bios. But on Lenovo G 50 70 the selected option is not permanent. You have to select boot priority option repeatedly for each and every USB/DVD that I want to check. Can i set these option permanently like:-
    1st priority USB
    2nd priority DVD
    3rd priority HDD
    4th priority Network IPV4
    5th priority Network IPV6

If possible please help me step by step.
    There is a novo key to access the bios in Lenovo Laptop G 50 70.
    Thanks in advance
    aria

Ashok Kumar Bag, Nov 7, 2018
  3. Brink Win User
    Change Wireless Network Connection Priority Order in Windows 10

Hello Denis, Setting the priority for a system service on boot :)

The command in step 2 of Option Two should show your wireless networks listed in priority order. Top of the list is higher.

Brink, Nov 7, 2018
  4. cereberus Win User

How to set boot priority sequence permanently on Lenovo G 50 70

I have a z50 and do it exactly how you say. Works well. Less hassle than usin novo key.

cereberus, Nov 7, 2018
Thema:

1. Setting the priority for a system service on boot - Similar Threads - Setting priority system

2. How to set SSD as a boot priority

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to set SSD as a boot priority: Hi, I switched from HDD to SSD, but I don’t know how to set SSD as my boot priority. In boot priority order there is only windows boot manager. So I took HDD out of PC and now it wants me to select proper boot device. And instead of windows boot manager there is hard disk in...
  3. How to set SSD as a boot priority

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to set SSD as a boot priority: Hi, I switched from HDD to SSD, but I don’t know how to set SSD as my boot priority. In boot priority order there is only windows boot manager. So I took HDD out of PC and now it wants me to select proper boot device. And instead of windows boot manager there is hard disk in...
  4. Setting Battery Priority

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Setting Battery Priority: Hello to all,I have a laptop that have an unsual set up: it have 2 batteries. One fixed and one removable. I would like Windows to use the removable battery first, then the fixed battery. This way, I can have the fixed battery powering the laptop while I swap the removable...
  5. Setting Battery Priority

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Setting Battery Priority: Hello to all,I have a laptop that have an unsual set up: it have 2 batteries. One fixed and one removable. I would like Windows to use the removable battery first, then the fixed battery. This way, I can have the fixed battery powering the laptop while I swap the removable...
  6. Boot Device Priorities

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Boot Device Priorities: When I go into Bios and change my Boot Device Priorities it does not recognize I have Windows Boot Manager saved as my first priority and therefore I keep getting the Reboot and Select proper Boot device or insert boot media in selected Boot device and press a key...
  7. Boot Options Priorities

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Boot Options Priorities: Hello, I have an issue with my laptop randomly going to a blue screen saying your pc ran into a problem and needs to restart. We're just collecting some error info and then we'll restart for you. Then it goes to internal hard disk drive not found which takes me to the...
  8. Boot - change priority

in Windows 10 Customization
    Boot - change priority: Hi, I have a Lenovo computer. The default system in Windows 10. I want to run Linux Mint from USB. How can I change the settings so that the computer recognize Linux and run it from stick? Thank you, Adriana...
  9. No boot priority order.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    No boot priority order.: So I just got a new acer one 10 tablet the model is one S1003and when I enter the settings by pressing F2 while acer logo is there I get Main,Boot, and exit option only. I just wanted to get 64 bit on windows 10 because I have 32 bit windows 10 but there was no boot priority...
  10. Losing priority in active windows to invisible system services?

in Windows 10 Support
    Losing priority in active windows to invisible system services?: I'm not really sure how to title this thread so bare with me while I explain - basically for the last few days at times when I'm playing a game or watching a video in bed the main window I'm actively using loses focus to what appears to be nothing. In a video this means it...