Windows 10: Setting time limits for my kids

Discus and support Setting time limits for my kids in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; HY So i have a parent account and two kids that have also a microsoft account. family acccount One of the account is logged on the same computer that... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by RuxandraFK, Feb 6, 2021.

1. Setting time limits for my kids

HY

So i have a parent account and two kids that have also a microsoft account. family acccount

One of the account is logged on the same computer that i am so i've tried to set a time limit

for him. The problem is i made some changes in the time limit but the system doesn't

recongnise them, and i say that because after the changes that i made i tried to enter

his account to see that it works and it doesn't.

Example: i set the time limit from 8-16 and after a couple of days i changed it to

8-17 and i tried to enter his acccount from 16-17 and it automatically disconnect me from his acccount.

I don't have any restriction for the website that he visited or block sites.

So i need some guidance to see what i am doing wrong .

Thank you

* Moved from Community Participation Center

:)

RuxandraFK, Feb 6, 2021
  2. Vijay B Win User

time limits for children

Hi,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

When you add a child to your family, you can help make sure they're staying safe while they use the PC while still giving them the freedom to explore. You can make sure that adult websites are blocked, or specify just which sites you want your kids to see.
    You can also make sure they can only use apps and games that are appropriate for their age, and you can set screen time limits to make sure they're not spending too much time in the virtual world. Kids can ask your permission to keep browsing when their time
    is up, or to see or download anything that's blocked—together, you can decide the level of restriction that's right for them.

I would suggest you to try the steps from the following link:

Keep your kids safer on the PC (Applies to Windows 10)

Filter inappropriate apps and games on Windows 10

Post us the results after you try the above steps.

Vijay B, Feb 6, 2021
  3. time limits in family not working

Hi Barbara,

We would like to know more details about your concern about the Family Safety time limit that is not working so we can better assist you. Kindly answer the following:

• Does it happen only with particular child account?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we would suggest that you refer to this
    support link
    on how to set up screen time limits for your child.

We look forward to your response.

Marilou Ser, Feb 6, 2021
  4. Setting time limits for my kids

No time limits set, but still limiting time

I have kids who need to use Google Chrome for distance learning. When I enabled that app for them, it set a time limit. I have removed all app time limits on the kids accounts, but one of them is still blocked from using Chrome unless he asks an adult. How
    can I fix this infuriating issue?

The screen shot is from my kid's account, showing that there are no time limits, yet he is still blocked. I have signed him out and restarted the computer. What else can I try?

Setting time limits for my kids 48140df9-a5b3-4c6a-8b11-f8e639c99f49?upload=true.png

LeslieMacP, Feb 6, 2021
Thema:

Setting time limits for my kids

1. Setting time limits for my kids - Similar Threads - Setting limits kids

2. setting restrictions for kids

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    setting restrictions for kids: When I set time limits for my kids it will shut down their use after the set time. There is then a button where they can send an email to me to request more time or they can hit my parent is right here and I can enter my password to grant them more time. However, there is...
  3. Problems setting time slots for the kids' usage

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Problems setting time slots for the kids' usage: Hi, I am facing problems with the Family subfolder by trying to set up time limits for my children throughout the day. Anytime I try to do this or any PC or tablet or phone I use I keep getting the same notice about system problem. TraceId: Z5QswCyMTEGlk/Pw.3.71.22 As...
  4. Setting screen time limits

Setting screen time limits: Hello, Two questions : Can i use any device using my credentials, to set screen time limits on a separate child's device or should i only do so on the actual device itself? I want to set a daily 3.5 hour time limit on the child's device. Do i have to specify exactly...
  5. Screen time limits for kids

Screen time limits for kids: At the beginning, "PC Screen time" worked, but after a few weeks, my son's laptop was blocked for 5 days, so that created very big problems for him to attend "online school". When my son's laptop finally unlocked, after 5 days, I set him "unlimited time" to avoid a similarly...
  6. How to put time limit on use of certain website for kids

How to put time limit on use of certain website for kids: As an example I want to allow kid in my family to spent not more then 2 hours per day on youtube. I do not want to block it completely just limit the total time they can spend each day. How I do it? --Thanks...
  7. Turn off kids time limit

Turn off kids time limit: Hi, We have been trying to turn off the timer for apps on my daughter's PC. She is, like others, doing school and other work from home now and having to dole out minutes is a pain. I've gone into our account and flipped the switch on her account to turn off time limits...
  8. No time limits set, but still limiting time

No time limits set, but still limiting time: I have kids who need to use Google Chrome for distance learning. When I enabled that app for them, it set a time limit. I have removed all app time limits on the kids accounts, but one of them is still blocked from using Chrome unless he asks an adult. How can I fix this...
  9. Cannot save the time limit "Max Scheduled" when setting time limits

Cannot save the time limit "Max Scheduled" when setting time limits: I am trying to setup time limits for my son. I set a schedule and chose the time limit "Max Scheduled". It is not saving this value no matter what I try. It is logging him off in the middle of the day and not allowing him to stay on. It will save a time value such as 12...
  10. Unable to configure screen time settings for my kids in family

Unable to configure screen time settings for my kids in family: Every time I try to change my kids' screen time settings, I get a 'something went wrong' screen. It happens every time I press the daily chart to change the hours range in which kids are allowed to use the computer. Any idea?...