Windows 10: Setting UI icon cannot open on task bar

Discus and support Setting UI icon cannot open on task bar in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I cannot open the setting UI by clicking the icon on task bar after minimum size it and then connected the HDMI monitor, the icon can be open by Win +... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Maggie SunLX, Jun 22, 2019.

1. Setting UI icon cannot open on task bar

I cannot open the setting UI by clicking the icon on task bar after minimum size it and then connected the HDMI monitor, the icon can be open by Win + I keys or select icon and then right click it to select the settings. The problem saw on Win10 19H1 OS, how can I fix it?

:)

Maggie SunLX, Jun 22, 2019

2. Task bar icon missing and setting not opening

I have problem in that the task bar icon are missing and setting don't open on windows 10

ShankarSitaraman, Jun 22, 2019
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    battery icon on task bar

Hi Pete,

Windows 10 has a feature to personalize your task bar icons. To retrieve the missing battery icon on your taskbar, kindly follow the steps below:

• Right click on the taskbar and select Settings.
    • Under Notification Area, click Turn system icons on or off.
    • Look for Power and toggle Power to On. Your battery icon should appear in the system tray again.

Let us know if this worked.

Xylee Del, Jun 22, 2019
  4. Riel Alc Win User

Setting UI icon cannot open on task bar

Disappearing task bar icons

Hi,

For better assistance, we'd like to ask what are the updates that have been installed in your computer? Can you provide us a sample screenshot of the issue?

To view your update history, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + i to open Settings and then click
      Update & security.
    • Under Windows Update, click Advanced options.
    • Under ADVANCED OPTIONS, click View your update history.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Riel Alc, Jun 22, 2019
Thema:

Setting UI icon cannot open on task bar

1. Setting UI icon cannot open on task bar - Similar Threads - Setting icon cannot

2. Unable to open task bar or settings.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to open task bar or settings.: When I press on the taskbar or the Windows key nothing happens. When I press the windows key and i, nothing happens. Pressing most of the icons on the taskbar does nothing, this includes the Films and TV app, the Microsoft Store app, and the wifi and volume. My internet...
  3. Unable to open task bar or settings.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to open task bar or settings.: When I press on the taskbar or the Windows key nothing happens. When I press the windows key and i, nothing happens. Pressing most of the icons on the taskbar does nothing, this includes the Films and TV app, the Microsoft Store app, and the wifi and volume. My internet...
  4. Unable to open task bar or settings.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can't Open Settings but it shows it is open in task bar and in task manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Open Settings but it shows it is open in task bar and in task manager: I have tried most methods so far.Here are some of the methods I have tried:1. Using these Commands in the command prompt:sfc /scannow DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth then restarting pc2.Reinstalling Windows 11 ISO method3. right clicking the settings icon on the...
  6. Can't Open Settings but it shows it is open in task bar and in task manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't Open Settings but it shows it is open in task bar and in task manager: I have tried most methods so far.Here are some of the methods I have tried:1. Using these Commands in the command prompt:sfc /scannow DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth then restarting pc2.Reinstalling Windows 11 ISO method3. right clicking the settings icon on the...
  7. Task bar settings icon corruption

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task bar settings icon corruption: Anyone know how fix this corrupted icon? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-bar-settings-icon-corruption/8ad8e6d9-b360-4480-9a08-4d3dd770a5ec
  8. Can't open settings window app. The Sprocket Icon appears in Task Bar but will not open and...

Can't open settings window app. The Sprocket Icon appears in Task Bar but will not open and...: I cannot get to the settings page to view options or make changes. i.e display. Regardless of the path I choose to open the Settings window, it only appears sprocket icon on the task bar but it will not display open on screen. Therefore, I am unable to choose any option nor...
  9. Cannot add battery icon to task bar

Cannot add battery icon to task bar: The battery icon is not being shown on the taskbar. I used settings to change , but it is on there and the icon is not yet appearing. Please help me out . My PC is hp Pavilion 14 ce....
  10. Cannot turn-on volume icon in task bar.

Cannot turn-on volume icon in task bar.: The colume icon disappeared and I can not turn on the volume icon in task bar. When I going to "Taskbar settings->Turn system icons on or off", it shows the volume icon has been set as "on". But, if I choose to turn it ("Volume") off, the network icon disappear. Also, If I...