Windows 10: Setting up 2 monitors

Discus and support Setting up 2 monitors in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I have just built my desktop with Zotac GeForce GTX 1060 6gb GPU. I have two older monitors (but still very good) with VGA plug. I have purchased two... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by ssal, Sep 27, 2019.

1. ssal Win User

Setting up 2 monitors

I have just built my desktop with Zotac GeForce GTX 1060 6gb GPU. I have two older monitors (but still very good) with VGA plug. I have purchased two adapters (HDMT/VGA, DP/VGA) so I can plug them in the GPU.

I want to have two monitors running simultaneously for my video editing. The main one will be the editing screen and I will put all the adjustment and control panels to the 2nd monitor.

I have never done this before. Can someone chimp in with their experience?

2. Trouble with 2 monitors

Hi Tim,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to change the settings to Extended Monitor and check if it helps.

Please follow below steps:

• Right Click any ware of the Desktop, and launch Personalization.
    • Go to dual monitor settings under personalization, and change it Extended Monitor.
    Please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Sep 27, 2019
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Sep 27, 2019
  4. Setting up 2 monitors

Night Light Setting and Third Monitor.

Hi Reagan,

We would like to ask you some questions in order assist you properly:

• Did Night light work previously on all three monitors?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your PC?
    • Are you getting an error message on the third monitor regarding Night light?
    • Is the third monitor being detected by your PC?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you performed so far?

While waiting for your response, we suggest that you try to connect your third monitor to what you are using on the 2 working monitors to see if it is only a loose connection issue.

Regards.

Rolando Vil, Sep 27, 2019
Thema:

Setting up 2 monitors

1. Setting up 2 monitors - Similar Threads - Setting monitors

2. Display settings keep going from single monitor to dual monitor, without ever having used a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display settings keep going from single monitor to dual monitor, without ever having used a...: Hello, For some reason everytime I shut down my computer and restart some time after, my screen settings go to dual monitor, resulting in bad resolution. Every time I have to go to my settings and revert to single display. I have never used two monitors, so I don't understand...
  3. Display settings keep going from single monitor to dual monitor, without ever having used a...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display settings keep going from single monitor to dual monitor, without ever having used a...: Hello, For some reason everytime I shut down my computer and restart some time after, my screen settings go to dual monitor, resulting in bad resolution. Every time I have to go to my settings and revert to single display. I have never used two monitors, so I don't understand...
  4. My monitor screen is suddenly stuck in the wrong resolution win 10, i can't set the setting...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My monitor screen is suddenly stuck in the wrong resolution win 10, i can't set the setting...: My monitor is lg hdr wfhd, tried updating and uninstalling but nothing happened, it remains to stay the wrong size 1024 x 768, IT WAS FINE that i've brought it after few days till then?? a gaming one.Maybe something wrong with display driver? All it says unknown in the info,...
  5. My monitor screen is suddenly stuck in the wrong resolution win 10, i can't set the setting...

My monitor screen is suddenly stuck in the wrong resolution win 10, i can't set the setting...: My monitor is lg hdr wfhd, tried updating and uninstalling but nothing happened, it remains to stay the wrong size 1024 x 768, IT WAS FINE that i've brought it after few days till then?? a gaming one.Maybe something wrong with display driver? All it says unknown in the info,...
  6. My monitor screen is suddenly stuck in the wrong resolution win 10, i can't set the setting...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. W365 cloud PC single login - unable to set dual monitor.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    W365 cloud PC single login - unable to set dual monitor.: W365 cloud PC single login - unable to set dual monitor. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/w365-cloud-pc-single-login-unable-to-set-dual/d6e25c7c-d4fa-4038-a65e-ebe7346cf20a
  8. W365 cloud PC single login - unable to set dual monitor.

W365 cloud PC single login - unable to set dual monitor.: W365 cloud PC single login - unable to set dual monitor. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/w365-cloud-pc-single-login-unable-to-set-dual/d6e25c7c-d4fa-4038-a65e-ebe7346cf20a
  9. When I set my second monitor as my primary display in Windows 10, is portrait possible?...

in Windows 10 Customization
    When I set my second monitor as my primary display in Windows 10, is portrait possible?...: I need help to print screen Full Screen Mode of a letter in PDF format; but due to laptop screen is landscape, I am using external monitor.However, when Print Screen sometimes don't work, reboot always work but I prefer not to re-open my documents and Apps.When I set my...
  10. When I set my second monitor as my primary display in Windows 10, is portrait possible?...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I set my second monitor as my primary display in Windows 10, is portrait possible?...: I need help to print screen Full Screen Mode of a letter in PDF format; but due to laptop screen is landscape, I am using external monitor.However, when Print Screen sometimes don't work, reboot always work but I prefer not to re-open my documents and Apps.When I set my...