Windows 10: Setting up 2nd Fritz!Box 7490 router as mesh repeater

Discus and support Setting up 2nd Fritz!Box 7490 router as mesh repeater in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Within a few weeks I expect to receive a 2nd Fritz!Box 7490 router, which I plan to setup as a mesh repeater to extend the range of my wifi signal. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Golden, Mar 1, 2020.

1. Golden Win User

Setting up 2nd Fritz!Box 7490 router as mesh repeater

Within a few weeks I expect to receive a 2nd Fritz!Box 7490 router, which I plan to setup as a mesh repeater to extend the range of my wifi signal.

I plan on using this guide:
    Setting up the FRITZ!Box as a Mesh Repeater | FRITZ!Box 7490 | AVM International

The existing (master) Fritz!Box 7490 router has an IP 192.168.178.1 - the guide implies that the 2nd router will it be assigned an IP address automatically. Can anyone confirm that?

Any other tips?

:)

Golden, Mar 1, 2020
  2. W1zzard Win User

Fritzbox (7490 and 7112) both need a repeater => wich one?

All modern devices should support auto-channel.

I've setup the Fritz 1750E repeater at my mom's house among others from other vendors and the Fritz one is clearly the best.

W1zzard, Mar 1, 2020
  3. C,Hack Win User
    wifi, repeater connection with a samsung sgh- i900 omni

Hi all,

i've a little problem with my wifi connection. I bought the samsung omni sgh i900 and tried to connect to my w-lan at home, first i tried it upstairs at my router (FRITZ!Box Fon WLAN 7170 newest firmware, wpa 2 secured) well i setted all up and it worked so
    i went downstairs and wanted connect to my repeater (FRITZ!Box Fon WLAN 7050 newest firmware and same secure, well of course since its repeater) But here it wont let me connect it always showing connecting then stops when i press connect again it tries to
    connect but stops again. May it be that you cant connect to a repeater or that the router(repeater) doesnt support smartphones?

C,Hack, Mar 1, 2020
  4. Cliff S Win User

New Cloudflare 1.1.1.1 fastest, privacy-first consumer DNS service

I set it up both inside of Windows and on my Fritz!Box 7490(router/modem/all in one) settings pageSetting up 2nd Fritz!Box 7490 router as mesh repeater :)

Setting up 2nd Fritz!Box 7490 router as mesh repeater [​IMG]

Cliff S, Mar 1, 2020
Thema:

1. Setting up 2nd Fritz!Box 7490 router as mesh repeater - Similar Threads - Setting 2nd Fritz

2. MESH

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MESH: SIX60 Maliil does answer to the exit. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mesh/75496464-2ff0-4a9e-a240-c42577cc6793
  3. MESH

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    MESH: SIX60 Maliil does answer to the exit. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mesh/75496464-2ff0-4a9e-a240-c42577cc6793
  4. 2nd monitor set up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2nd monitor set up: When attempting to connect 2nd monitor to pc running a hdmi cable from 2nd monitor to a dvi/hdmi adapter on computer I lose video display on the 1st monitor? How can this be fixed?Thank you.pm...
  5. 2nd monitor set up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    2nd monitor set up: When attempting to connect 2nd monitor to pc running a hdmi cable from 2nd monitor to a dvi/hdmi adapter on computer I lose video display on the 1st monitor? How can this be fixed?Thank you.pm...
  6. Setting up 2nd harddrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Setting up 2nd harddrive: Hello, I just installed second drive and was using your instructions to move data from the C:\ drive to the new D:\ drive. And your instructions work fine for Downloads and Favorites I cant can't seem to move Documents or Pictures! They are listed as beening in the OneDrive...
  7. unable to connect to fritz box NAS

unable to connect to fritz box NAS: I have a problem that has just recently raised it´s ugly head here it is Restoring Network Connections An error occured while reconnecting to \\Fritz-nas\fritz.nas microsoft windows network: Not enough memory resources are available to process command I have did the...
  8. Fritz Box 6490 Teredo filter disable?

Fritz Box 6490 Teredo filter disable?: Good evening, folks, i got forza horizon 4 for my PC but i can't connect to the xbox servers because the connection is stopped by a teredo filter and i've looked at 1000 tutorials on how to disable it on the 6490 but there have been many updates and jz there is no button to...
  9. Fritz!Box IP filter?

Fritz!Box IP filter?: Tach, I was about to enter an IP at Chrome into the URL search bar and I got this message: [ATTACH] Maybe someone can help me. Fritz!Box IP Filter?
  10. Setting Up a Second Router as a Repeater/Range Extender/Bridge

Setting Up a Second Router as a Repeater/Range Extender/Bridge: I am quite a distance from the modem/router (several acres property) and must use a Range Extender/Repeater. Insider Build 16215 has knocked my WiFi into the next county, it seems and I find I must hard wire my computer to the router or Range Extender if I want Internet....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. mesh to fritz routers

2. second fritz wont conect as mesh repeater