Windows 10: Setting up 2nd harddrive

Discus and support Setting up 2nd harddrive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I just installed second drive and was using your instructions to move data from the C:\ drive to the new D:\ drive. And your instructions work... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by LarryGarrett2, May 23, 2021.

1. Setting up 2nd harddrive

Hello, I just installed second drive and was using your instructions to move data from the C:\ drive to the new D:\ drive. And your instructions work fine for Downloads and Favorites I cant can't seem to move Documents or Pictures! They are listed as beening in the OneDrive folder and I don't know how to get

:)

LarryGarrett2, May 23, 2021
  2. infocus Win User

Best gaming harddrive Sugestion ???

Seagate states on their 750gb,32mb cache harddrive that the best application is video surveillance.(liquor stores,how very sad and completly overpriced for the amount of problems they have).Yet Passmark lists this near the top of their harddrive page.Any one have a suggestion for something that will last.(maybe samsung???)
    Also I was considering a Raidmax hybrid 2 sli 630w powersupply.Any thoughts on Raidmax??

infocus, May 23, 2021
  3. Ownership not applying to subfolders of 2nd harddrive?

found a way to get permissions working
    it is definitely a bug, why this is happens? dunno... it's microsoft... whatever let me say what i did

i repeated the steps of take ownership by right click on hdd icon > settings > security > advanced > changed the owner by retype my user on the list > check the two checkboxes (container and the other one) at the same time and apply > took some minutes to write the permisisons of all files and folders.

ALSO, i ran the TAKEOWN command on elevated prompt just right after this (i think this is what made me overwrite files again on that harddrive)

and voila, i was able to edit my old files writen on old windows installation
    this might be useful to someone: windows 7 - How would I use Takeown to take ownership of all folders on one drive? - Super User

jorjaofino, May 23, 2021
  4. Johan45 Win User

Setting up 2nd harddrive

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, May 23, 2021
Thema:

Setting up 2nd harddrive

1. Setting up 2nd harddrive - Similar Threads - Setting 2nd harddrive

2. Issue setting up harddrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue setting up harddrive: I'm trying to set up a Seagate External Hard Drive, but when I plug it in, I'm not getting the "Setting up USB item" pop-up, which in my experience is needed to set up the hard drive. It shows up in Devices and Printers, but it isn't adding to my storage space nor showing up...
  3. Issue setting up harddrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issue setting up harddrive: I'm trying to set up a Seagate External Hard Drive, but when I plug it in, I'm not getting the "Setting up USB item" pop-up, which in my experience is needed to set up the hard drive. It shows up in Devices and Printers, but it isn't adding to my storage space nor showing up...
  4. Issue setting up harddrive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. 2nd monitor set up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2nd monitor set up: When attempting to connect 2nd monitor to pc running a hdmi cable from 2nd monitor to a dvi/hdmi adapter on computer I lose video display on the 1st monitor? How can this be fixed?Thank you.pm...
  6. 2nd monitor set up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    2nd monitor set up: When attempting to connect 2nd monitor to pc running a hdmi cable from 2nd monitor to a dvi/hdmi adapter on computer I lose video display on the 1st monitor? How can this be fixed?Thank you.pm...
  7. HardDrive not showing up anywhere

HardDrive not showing up anywhere: I just installed windows onto my new ssd but my harddrive doesnt show up anywhere. ive checked the BIOS its not there and ive checked the Disc Management and its still not there please help asap...
  8. 2nd screen malfunction on dual monitor set up.

2nd screen malfunction on dual monitor set up.: After I leave my computer inactive but still on I lose access to one of my screens. I have a dual monitor set up and one just goes black. When I shut my computer off and turn it back on one the monitor is black and not working. However, the 2nd monitor starts to work...
  9. Ownership not applying to subfolders of 2nd harddrive?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Ownership not applying to subfolders of 2nd harddrive?: Hi, I search about this and didn't found a solution for this headache i'm having What is going on: i have a second harddrive (not external/usb) and all my files on this is with wrong ownership So, i tried use the "take ownership" menu context helper and also the...
  10. Setting up 2nd hdd with windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Setting up 2nd hdd with windows 10: I have dell inspirion 3847. It has its original 1Tb drive and has win 7 pro. I have installed a second HDD that is 2Tb to replace eventually the original as my new Disc 0. I have partitioned part of it already as Disc "F" and allotted 100 Gb for win 10. The rest is not...