Windows 10: Setting Up 4 Monitors on Laptop

Discus and support Setting Up 4 Monitors on Laptop in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have an Nvidia graphics card in my laptop that supports 4 monitors however I am currently limited to using 3. I belivie this is because the monitors... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Steve13597, Jun 23, 2021.

1. Setting Up 4 Monitors on Laptop

I have an Nvidia graphics card in my laptop that supports 4 monitors however I am currently limited to using 3. I belivie this is because the monitors are being run on the Intel GPU. Could somebody please help or provide some guidance on how to utilize the 4 monitor capability of the Nvidia GPU. Thank you.

:)

Steve13597, Jun 23, 2021
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Jun 23, 2021
  3. jfkjax Win User
    Win10 laptop w/laptop display (no others) labeled 2, can't change to 1

alphanumeric and Helmut, Thank you for your replies.

1. The drivers were installed when Windows 10 was installed. There was nothing on the laptop prior to installing Windows 10.
    2. I don't have another display to try attaching as suggested.
    3. Not sure if it's always been like this or not. I just started looking at the configuration settings a week or so ago.
    4. To check hardware status, I've run a bunch of Lenovo tests and update checks. Nothing found.
    5. I did the Device Manager suggestion. 2 PnP monitors listed ... clicked "Show Hidden devices" ... found 2 more PnP monitors for a total of 4 ... uninstalled all 4 ... restarted ... same situation. Results: Device Manager now only lists 2 PnP monitors total (no hidden monitors) even though the only monitor is the laptop built-in monitor, but no change on the designation of laptop monitor being number "2" monitor.

Thanks for your help and suggestions. Not sure why it is like this. Might be something like Win10 compatibility, old hardware, or similar.

I've taken enough of your time on this. I can live with it as it is. Might decide to upgrade to a new and current laptop, or just proceed as is. Anyway, your responses are greatly appreciated!

jfkjax, Jun 23, 2021
  4. Suman_B Win User

Setting Up 4 Monitors on Laptop

Monitor settings when close laptop lid

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, we would need some information.

1. What is the version and
      build of you operating system? In the Search box, type
      winver to get this info.
    2. May I know the Make and the model of the computer and external monitor?
    3. Are you aware of any changes made on your computer before this issue occurred?

We also suggest following the steps below and check if it makes any difference.

Since you are facing issue with the Secondary monitor, I would suggest you to
    Troubleshoot external monitor connections in Windows 10
    and check if it fixes the issue.

Additionally refer this article on Second
    screen or Projector mode does not persist after you close and reopen a laptop lid

I look forward to your reply.

Thanks,

Suman.B

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Suman_B, Jun 23, 2021
Thema:

Setting Up 4 Monitors on Laptop

1. Setting Up 4 Monitors on Laptop - Similar Threads - Setting Monitors Laptop

2. 2nd monitor set up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2nd monitor set up: When attempting to connect 2nd monitor to pc running a hdmi cable from 2nd monitor to a dvi/hdmi adapter on computer I lose video display on the 1st monitor? How can this be fixed?Thank you.pm...
  3. How to set up 3 monitors on a Windows laptop

in Windows 10 News
    How to set up 3 monitors on a Windows laptop: [ATTACH]If you are one of those geeks who like adding multiple screens to their Laptop then this article is for you. In this article, we present to you a guide to 3 Monitor Setup on Windows Laptop. So, read everything as you may not want to miss even a single step. Can I...
  4. 4 digit pin set up

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    4 digit pin set up: I just bought a hyundai thinnote-a and it asked to set 4 digit pin but will not allow me to do so. It just loads saying just a moment. Its been a hour now https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/4-digit-pin-set-up/b3c5db62-3300-44e9-94da-c90a3513201b
  5. Monitor Set Up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Monitor Set Up: I’ve got two systems that I’d like both to share dual monitors. Is there a switch that exists that would allow me to do this? submitted by /u/Mobilematt1 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/isvesy/monitor_set_up/
  6. Setting up 4 monitors failed

in Windows 10 Customization
    Setting up 4 monitors failed: I am setting up a studio and somehow manages to sync 3 monitor. However the 4th is becoming a pain for me to configure. I am using a USB C to VGA. 2 of them are QHD and 1 is 4K and the one not connecting is the one from BenQ22800. Monitor 1 - 75hz Monitor 2 - 60Hz...
  7. 5 Monitor Set-Up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    5 Monitor Set-Up: Hello! I am having difficulty setting up 5 monitors. I can't find a clear answer or solution for this issue anywhere! I can easily get 3 monitors to work. My graphics card GPU supports more than three monitors, I made sure when I bought it. Currently I only have the...
  8. Setting up ssecond monitor

Setting up ssecond monitor: I am trying to set up a second monitor on my Dell all in one It does not have a VGA outlet which the ACER monitor uses as one input. The ACER also has HDMI. I connected HDMI and changed the settings on the ACER monitor to accept HDMI. I get an error message "cable not...
  9. Dual monitor set up

Dual monitor set up: I have two monitors set up and I was messing with the display and then I ended up pressing the make this my main display button. It changed some settings but I figured it was fine. Then when I tried to use fullscreen on any app on one display and went to the other to do...
  10. Setting up an additional monitor to laptop

Setting up an additional monitor to laptop: I am attempting to set up an additional monitor to my laptop for work so I can see two different screens at once. I hooked the new monitor up via an HDMI cord to the laptop, went to display in settings but it won't let me change anything. It keeps showing me the same thing...