Windows 10: Setting Up A Computer Network For Your Business

Discus and support Setting Up A Computer Network For Your Business in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Setting up a computer network is a necessity for every business in this digital age, it’s that essential tool for managing business operations like... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Spazwik, Aug 5, 2019.

1. Spazwik Win User

Setting Up A Computer Network For Your Business

Setting up a computer network is a necessity for every business in this digital age, it’s that essential tool for managing business operations like communication, data transfer, storage, and security.
    Creating a network is not as easy as it sounds, it requires lots of planning, calculations, and several parts to function properly. Deciding which hardware a network require can be a little frustrating as each part plays a vital role. Today we will be breaking down computer networks, its hardware and their various uses.

Types of Network
    There are two types of network connection setup;

• Wired
    • Wireless

Understanding the network setups will give you a better view of which is needed in your business environment.

Wired Network: This network setup consists of physical cables which are used to transfer data between different devices like a computer and a printer or a computer and a switch. This is the most common network setup in homes and offices, and this is because its faster, more reliable and easier to secure.

Wireless Networks: This network setup makes use of electromagnetic waves emitted from a wireless device to transfer data between different devices. The wireless network setup allows users to roam freely within its coverage area, which gives a sense of convenience to the user.

Both network setups can be combined, as they do not conflict with each other, the only difference comes in the cost of setup.

Computer Network Hardware
    These devices are configured and connected together to create a network. It’s impossible to list out all the equipment you might need, but here’s a list of the standard equipment that makes up most networks.

Servers: The Server provides services such as assigning IP addresses, storage, authentication, send and receive mail, manage websites and print jobs. These services are accessible to everyone connected on the network.

Router: The router is usually supplied by your internet service provider, it connects your office to the internet (Extranet). In the case that you are not making use of an ISP, the router can also be used to create an internal network (Intranet) for communications and data transfer.

Switch: The switch provides connectivity to devices in a wired network connection setup with the use of ethernet cables.

Ethernet Cable: is the networking hardware used to connect devices on a network

Access Point: The access point is the hardware used to generate electronic magnetic waves which are used for connections in Network devices. Sometimes they are inbuilt with the router and sometimes they are standalone. The stand-alone Access points are more powerful and manageable than inbuilt AP.

Firewall: This networking device protects your organization’s network from spam, viruses, and intruders, thereby keeping all your data safe from the outside world.

Patch Panel: This networking hardware is used to arrange ethernet cables easily and neater when connecting a large number of computers in a wired network setup.

Setting up your network is not a one day job, it requires expertise and technical know-how. We at trivest technologies provide such expertise at a high level in network connection setups.

Trivest Technologies

:)

Spazwik, Aug 5, 2019
  2. taward Win User

One computer cannot access other network computers.

So I've tried every troubleshooting step I know:
    • Double checked that Net Bios was enabled
    • Ran a bunch of network commands:
      • flushed DNS
      • registered dns
      • pinged and located the named computers successfully
    • Reset my router to factory settings

Nothing works when I try to access via explorer. I'm still baffled by the fact that every other computer can access each other AND access this computer. It's just the outgoing connection from this machine that doesn't work.

Any thoughts?

taward, Aug 5, 2019
  3. Help needed with simple wired network

Step one- Connect all PC's to router, and then the router to the modem. PC's go to router by the ports labeled "1-4" on the back of the router. WAN port goes to router. Power up all network equipment, and then systems.
    Step two- Power on the computer connected to port one. Go into router settings at 192.168.0.1 and configure internet, dyndns, firewall, etc.
    Step three- Go to "network set up wizard" in windows. (Network places- network set up wizard). The rest is self explanatory.
    Step four- right click on each drive and printer you want to share, and then configure sharing preferences. Should be easy enough.
    Step five- right click my computer, and the select "map network drive". Using the network address for each piece of hardware you shared, assign network drive letters.

Congratulations, you have a fully operational network. Happy Gaming! *Toast :toast:

zekrahminator, Aug 5, 2019
  4. Yolvi Ell Win User

Unable to browse network computers.

We suggest creating a new administrator user account by following the steps
    here
    . Make sure to use the same network settings that you used for your other computers, then check if you can connect to the home network. Since you also mentioned that Windows 10 was freshly installed on this particular computer, have you already downloaded
    the latest updates? The latest build for Version 1607 is 14393.1715, and 15063.608 for Version 1703. You can check the build version of your computer by following these steps:

• Click Start.
    • Type winver and press Enter.

If you don't have the latest updates, you can follow these steps to install them:

• Click Start.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Click Update & security.
    • Click Check for updates.

If that doesn't work, we'd like screenshots of the network and file sharing settings of the computer that doesn't work, and the settings of one of your other computers that can connect and share files properly on the home network.

Yolvi Ell, Aug 5, 2019
Thema:

1. Setting Up A Computer Network For Your Business - Similar Threads - Setting Computer Network

2. Cannot set up new computer with Microsoft Business account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot set up new computer with Microsoft Business account: I just got a new laptop for a client that had Windows 11 Home edition on it. She has a small business so has a MS Business account. Since it was Home Edition, there was no option to set it up for a work account. So, I set it up with a local admin account using the *** Email...
  3. Cannot set up new computer with Microsoft Business account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot set up new computer with Microsoft Business account: I just got a new laptop for a client that had Windows 11 Home edition on it. She has a small business so has a MS Business account. Since it was Home Edition, there was no option to set it up for a work account. So, I set it up with a local admin account using the *** Email...
  4. Out of the blue - "Let's set up your computer"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Out of the blue - "Let's set up your computer": So suddenly I get a blue lock-screen telling me dear Microsoft want's to set up my computer again. I have to tell them I don't have internet to make them shove off. How can I prevent dickery like this in the future? submitted by /u/QuackQuackQuack2834 [link] [comments]...
  5. set up a network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    set up a network: Hi, Can somebody clarify my 2 doubts. 1. is it possible to configure 2 access points on my windows10 laptop? 2, while trying to set up a network through Network and Sharing Centre-->set up a new network-->choose wireless router or access point you want to configure...
  6. Setting up new computers with exiting office 365 business users

in Windows 10 Customization
    Setting up new computers with exiting office 365 business users: I bought new laptops for our small org. We have office 365 log ins. Why won't microsoft recognise those accounts to let me set up the laptops? I then set it up with a phone number but it still won't let me add those org office 365 accounts as users. Help please and why is...
  7. Network set up

Network set up: I am trying to connect a local network with two computers that run with two different OS. I am trying to access the one that runs on W10 with the one that runs on W7. I tried lifting the firewall to connect but it still doesn't connect to the network. Could anyone provide a...
  8. network set up

network set up: Hi, I have 2 desktop and 1 laptop on the same network using windows 10 on my home network. I have what i will call pc 1 that has a printer wired to it that is not wireless at all. I would like to have my other pc's be able to print from it but i am not sure how to set it up...
  9. Setting up Network Monitoring for Small Business

Setting up Network Monitoring for Small Business: My boss wants to be able to monitor the web history and logins to websites accessed on all staff computers in the business without using a proxy. She wants something that can pull the local username from the computer and what content was viewed. How can we about doing that if...
  10. Setting up a network

Setting up a network: Hi, I have 4 computers that I would like to be able to network, 3 are Windows 10 and the fourth is a Ubuntu box we use for backup. There is no problem networking to the Ubuntu box from any of the computers. The other 3 computers, listed in order of importance are mine (1),...