Windows 10: Setting up a DNS server that forward to OpenDNS?

Discus and support Setting up a DNS server that forward to OpenDNS? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, In my small office I currently have setup DD-WRT with OpenDNS as a filesharing site blocking method. However, when they take these laptops... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by lolcocks, Feb 3, 2019.

1. lolcocks Win User

Setting up a DNS server that forward to OpenDNS?

Hello,

In my small office I currently have setup DD-WRT with OpenDNS as a filesharing site blocking method.

However, when they take these laptops outside, they connect their own hotspot and unblock all file sharing sites.

Is it possible to setup my own DNS server, which forwards to my OpenDNS setup?

Am I looking into something like a DNS proxy setup?

:)

lolcocks, Feb 3, 2019

2. Will these batch files work to change DNS servers to OpenDNS and back?

I frequent a local library and, in order to access their wifi, the OpenDNS servers must be removed for some reason. I can switch them back once I've gotten past their acknowledgment page but I simply cannot get to this page with the custom servers. Consequently, I was looking for a batch script that would allow me to quickly remove, then re-add the OpenDNS servers.

AshleyQuick, Feb 3, 2019
  3. DNS server causing problem

Hi Andrea,

DNS is a server that translates websites' addresses so that browsers can connect to them. If the addresses become outdated or the server has issues, problems and DNS errors occur. For us to provide an accurate solution, we would need you to answer the following
    questions:

• Which build, version and edition of Windows is installed on your computer?
    • What changes have you made to your device before this issue occurred?
    • Are you experiencing the same issue regardless if you are trying to be connected to a wired or wireless connection?

For initial troubleshooting, we suggest deleting the DNS cache. This can refresh the DNS files and settings on your PC. Follow these steps to delete the DNS cache:

• Using Search type Command Prompt.
    • Form the search results, right click on Command Prompt (Desktop app) and then choose Run as administrator.
    • In the Command Prompt window, type ipconfig /flushdns and then hit the Enter key.
    • Once done, restart your computer and then check if the same issue persists.

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Feb 3, 2019
  4. Samuria Win User

Will these batch files work to change DNS servers to OpenDNS and back?

What is the point of this opendns is a great DNS with protection so why would you want to change it by default a lot the time the router is set as DNS?

Samuria, Feb 3, 2019
Thema:

1. Setting up a DNS server that forward to OpenDNS? - Similar Threads - Setting DNS server

2. A bug with setting up DNS Server Adresses for Ethernet Adapters

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A bug with setting up DNS Server Adresses for Ethernet Adapters: If you use the new modern settings interface to set up your DNS server addresses for your Ethernet adapters, then you have only two options.A preferred and an alternative address. If you instead use the old System Controls Settings menu, you have two options: go to your...
  3. A bug with setting up DNS Server Adresses for Ethernet Adapters

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A bug with setting up DNS Server Adresses for Ethernet Adapters: If you use the new modern settings interface to set up your DNS server addresses for your Ethernet adapters, then you have only two options.A preferred and an alternative address. If you instead use the old System Controls Settings menu, you have two options: go to your...
  4. DNS servers

DNS servers: How to resolve "device or resource DNS server is not responding"? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dns-servers/eae05c07-dbdd-4697-b4d7-32fa54b1a6e5
  5. DNS Servers

DNS Servers: i cannot connect to the internet even though my laptop tells me i am connected when i try anything it keeps telling me DNS servers not working/connecting. i have tryed hard wire connection still nothing.im on a windows 11 but microsoft updated windows 10 2 days ago and...
  6. DNS server ALWAYS set to 192.168.0.1

DNS server ALWAYS set to 192.168.0.1: Some time ago, I landed on a network with a DHCP server we knew was misconfigured--the DNS servers had been moved, but the DHCP server was still handing out the old addresses.The vendor and version of the DNS and DHCP servers are not relevant.To get things working, I had to...
  7. DNS server ALWAYS set to 192.168.0.1

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    DNS server ALWAYS set to 192.168.0.1: Some time ago, I landed on a network with a DHCP server we knew was misconfigured--the DNS servers had been moved, but the DHCP server was still handing out the old addresses.The vendor and version of the DNS and DHCP servers are not relevant.To get things working, I had to...
  8. DNS server ALWAYS set to 192.168.0.1

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. DNS server

in Windows 10 Customization
    DNS server: I have internet and can get into everything except Facebook. It keeps coming up with a DNS server problem. Everyone in the building can get on, but me. I have tried everything the internet said to do, to no avail....
  10. Will these batch files work to change DNS servers to OpenDNS and back?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Will these batch files work to change DNS servers to OpenDNS and back?: I found the following on a forum post from 2007. I'm apprehensive, however, to try it because I obviously don't want to cause anything to stop working properly. 1: netsh interface ip set dns "Local Area Connection" static 208.67.222.222 netsh interface ip add dns...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dns server forward rule windows 10

2. dns server forward rule