Windows 10: Setting up a network between an Ethernet connected computer and a wireless connected computer

Discus and support Setting up a network between an Ethernet connected computer and a wireless connected computer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am working in Windows 10 Professional (both computers) version 1803. I recently had to replace my router. My principal computer is the desktop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Bill Kirchhoff, Sep 12, 2018.

1. Setting up a network between an Ethernet connected computer and a wireless connected computer

I am working in Windows 10 Professional (both computers) version 1803. I recently had to replace my router. My principal computer is the desktop which is connected via Ethernet. When I connected it, Windows set up a network which it called Network 2. When my wireless laptop discovered the router, it identified it by its Wi-Fi name (printed on the side of the router). Neither computer sees the other and I am guessing that the reason is the difference in network name. When I try to set up a new network with the Ethernet desktop computer, the setup program hangs while looking for a connection. I am about to turn off the desktop computer, disconnect it from the router, turn it back on and start again with setting up a network, at which point I may be able to name the network to the same one being used by the wifi laptop. Will this work?

:)

Bill Kirchhoff, Sep 12, 2018

2. How to set up wireless network connection?

Hello everyone...

I want to connect wireless network connection to my laptop. But I don't know why I am unable to do it.. I am getting some error. I think some configuration setting kind of error. Can you please provide me some steps so that I can get my work done.
    Thankx!!

ashleysimpson052, Sep 12, 2018
  3. Losing network connection

Hello Dear, if you have a laptop or a PC with a wireless network adapter, you can see a list of available wireless networks and then connect to one of those networks. The wireless networks will only appear if your PC has a wireless network adapter installed, the adapter is turned on, and the wireless access point is in range.

1. Click Start, click Control Panel, click Network and Internet Connections, and then click Network Connections.

2. In the left pane, under Network Tasks, click View available wireless networks.
    In case, If you don't see the network you want to connect to, click Refresh network list. If you see the network but the signal is weak, move the PC closer to the wireless router.

3. Click the network you want to connect to, and then click Connect.

4. If you're connecting to a secure network, type the security key, and then click OK.

I Hope you solve out your query soon.

martinkaren77, Sep 12, 2018
  4. topgundcp Win User

Setting up a network between an Ethernet connected computer and a wireless connected computer

Connecting computer with no internet connection to network printer

@dk1971
    1. Open Admin command and type: ipconfig

Setting up a network between an Ethernet connected computer and a wireless connected computer [​IMG]
    2. Win+X->Control Panel->Netwok and Sharing Center
      Follow the screen shot. This should disable internet access from this PC but allows access to local device(s)
      NOTE: Use the IP & Subnet Mask from step 1. Leave Default gateway & DNS Server blank

Setting up a network between an Ethernet connected computer and a wireless connected computer [​IMG]

topgundcp, Sep 12, 2018
Thema:

Setting up a network between an Ethernet connected computer and a wireless connected computer

1. Setting up a network between an Ethernet connected computer and a wireless connected computer - Similar Threads - Setting network between

2. Computer connecting to an non existing ethernet connection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer connecting to an non existing ethernet connection: I've recently having internet problems as my computer is connecting to a connection under the name "ethernet" but it has 0 mb/s in the last 30 days. I've always used a connection under the name "Network 2" and still do but when I notice my internet is down I see that my...
  3. Computer connecting to an non existing ethernet connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Computer connecting to an non existing ethernet connection: I've recently having internet problems as my computer is connecting to a connection under the name "ethernet" but it has 0 mb/s in the last 30 days. I've always used a connection under the name "Network 2" and still do but when I notice my internet is down I see that my...
  4. Computer connecting to an non existing ethernet connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Computer connected to a wireless network doesn't appear on the network

Computer connected to a wireless network doesn't appear on the network: I had a wireless network, call it NW1, set up for sharing files between a desktop and a laptop, but something has gone wrong. The laptop shows it is connected to the network, and a file listing of "Network" shows the laptop with its "Network Location" shown as NW1, as...
  6. Connecting computers on a network

Connecting computers on a network: New computer. Need to network with another PC on our private network https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/connecting-computers-on-a-network/8585fa52-75d6-445b-a339-f33bf37a782e
  7. the computer not connect network

the computer not connect network: do your hellme https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-computer-not-connect-network/05635022-544c-40fc-86fa-1766f5a85df9
  8. Ethernet connectivity between 2 computers

Ethernet connectivity between 2 computers: Problem #1 I have 2 computers running WIN 10, connected via an Ethernet crossover cable. In FILE EXPLORER [Computer] I can see both computers on one computer, and only one computer (itself) on the other. I can see both of them as MEDIA DEVICES on both of them. I have...
  9. Network -- two computers connected via ethernet

Network -- two computers connected via ethernet: One office, HP, other office Dell. These two computers are connected via ethernet. As of this latest upgrade, the HP can access the Dell, but I (Dell) cannot access the HP. Under "Microsoft account, Your devices" both computers are shown. Drivers are updated. I have changed...
  10. New Computer - Cannot connect to wireless network??

New Computer - Cannot connect to wireless network??: Hey All, My father bought a brand new HP pavilion desktop. Pretty nice machine. I7, 16gb ram, all that and the bag of chips. Anyways, his internet access is through his landlords wireless. This desktop comes equipped with a modern AC wireless adapter. We turned the...