Windows 10: Setting up a new Acer Laptop

Discus and support Setting up a new Acer Laptop in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I'm quite a competent Windows 7 user and have just bought a new computer for my partner, which has Windows 10 installed. I went through all the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by gordie17, Apr 9, 2020.

1. gordie17 Win User

Setting up a new Acer Laptop

Hi, I'm quite a competent Windows 7 user and have just bought a new computer for my partner, which has Windows 10 installed. I went through all the preliminary set up routine for Windows 10 but must have opted (by mistake) to use Onedrive. I then proceeded to load MS Office Home 2010 (which is compatible with 10) and my partner then decided that she doesn't like Onedrive and wants just to keep her files locally. So I went through the procedure to uninstall One drive but it keeps popping up and MSWord will not give me the option to save files locally. I would appreciate any help.

:)

gordie17, Apr 9, 2020
  2. TAU
    Tau Win User

Acer Laptops :are they crap ?

Acer makes a cheap prodcut period. They user lower end plastics, as well as assembly. (I hate working on Acer laptops)

If budget is an issue then get an acer... though for $50 more you could get a gateway that will smoke the acer in terms of quality.

For a laptop though i would suggest one of the DV7T's from HP or a Business class Toshiba/HP/IBM (not the lenovo branded, the Thinkpads)

3. Christmas acer laptop

If you prefer, you still can revert it back using the factory restore procedure, there's a hotkey on every new acer laptop/PC. just my two cents

Thefumigator, Apr 9, 2020
  4. Setting up a new Acer Laptop

Suggest new laptop/notebook

If portability is the main goal, in spite of graphics topping your requirement list, I'd rather go for Lenovo or Xiaomi (as far as I know, they're big players in your area) as I'm pretty much fed up with most of the traditional brands (I had terrible problems with HP, dell and acer, which's the best one among these in my experience).

So... A thinkpad as already suggested or a Xiaomi Air xx.

Regardless, take a look at this website where you can beautifully fine-tune your candidate list (no xiaomi available though):
    Laptop Comparison Chart

yesyesloud, Apr 9, 2020
Thema:

Setting up a new Acer Laptop

1. Setting up a new Acer Laptop - Similar Threads - Setting Acer Laptop

2. New laptop set up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New laptop set up: Hi I have just bought a laptop for my son, I am using my Microsoft account for 365 etc as am allowed 5 devices.The problem is all my information ie, one drive etc..So he can see bank details etc very private stuff. I don't want him seeing all this and want a empty laptop for...
  3. New laptop set up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New laptop set up: Hi I have just bought a laptop for my son, I am using my Microsoft account for 365 etc as am allowed 5 devices.The problem is all my information ie, one drive etc..So he can see bank details etc very private stuff. I don't want him seeing all this and want a empty laptop for...
  4. Setting up a new laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Setting up a new laptop: Hello,I'm setting up a new laptop for the first time and don't want to bring any of my other linked computer apps or documents to it. When I log into my Microsoft account or OneDrive account it automatically connects the two. Is there a way to set it up independently under...
  5. setting up new laptop

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    setting up new laptop: hi. I have a windows 10 laptop that uses my Microsoft account and email. When my wife bought her laptop we set it up with my Microsoft account and added her email to it. Now we are buying her a new laptop with windows 11 and when we set it up, can she set it up with her own...
  6. setting up new laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    setting up new laptop: hi. I have a windows 10 laptop that uses my Microsoft account and email. When my wife bought her laptop we set it up with my Microsoft account and added her email to it. Now we are buying her a new laptop with windows 11 and when we set it up, can she set it up with her own...
  7. Set Up New Laptop

Set Up New Laptop: When setting up new laptop, windows account is not recognised, when windows account entered into create account 'you cannot log in with work account' message is received? Other colleagues at same company do not have this issue....
  8. New acer laptop

New acer laptop: I have a new laptop and I keep getting error messages telling me to update to wjndows10, I should imagine that I have windows 10. and the system keeps blocking me from entering writing .com where I have been a member for four years . I'm 79 and what I kow about copuuters...
  9. New Acer laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    New Acer laptop: Good day to all. Thinking of getting a laptop for my granddaughter as a startup for her homework etc. Its a Acer Spin 1 11.6'' Convertible laptop with touch screen 4gb ram 64gb ssd.With windows 10 home and a year subscription to office 365 free. Any thoughts Please. Thanks....
  10. setting up new laptop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    setting up new laptop: i am trying to set up a new laptop and do not know how to get my pop.windstream settings to get onto my outlook existing account that is on my desktop...