Windows 10: Setting up a password for waking up my desktop?

Discus and support Setting up a password for waking up my desktop? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; New Windows 10 set up but can't find method to create password to use when waking up desktop. How do I set up a password when waking up my desktop?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by PH40, Mar 24, 2020.

1. PH40 Win User

Setting up a password for waking up my desktop?

New Windows 10 set up but can't find method to create password to use when waking up desktop. How do I set up a password when waking up my desktop?

:)

2. Enable Require password on Wake up Windows 10

Hi Maaz,

One of the possible reasons why you cannot enable password on wake up is because of
    issues with the Power settings. To better assist you, we need the answers to the following questions:

• Which build and version of Windows you are using?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you taken to resolve the issue?

In the meantime, we suggest that you run the Power troubleshooter to help you find and
    repair Power setting problems. To do this, simply follow the steps below:

• Right click the Start button and select
      Settings
    • Click on Troubleshoot on the left pane.
    • Select Power and click on the Run the troubleshooter button.

We are looking forward to your response.

Jefferson Ore, Mar 24, 2020
  3. Enable Require password on Wake up Windows 10

To further troubleshoot the issue, we suggest disabling and
    enabling
    the Require a password on wakeup settings on your power plan
    by following the steps below:

• Open the Advanced power settings for your current chosen
      power plan
    • Click on the Change settings that are currently unavailable link.
    • Set the Require a password on wakeup settings to Yes
      or No, and click on OK.

Once done with the steps, let us know how it goes.

Jefferson Ore, Mar 24, 2020
  4. Setting up a password for waking up my desktop?

windows 10 not locking and requiring password on wake up

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand your concerned. Let me help you to fix the issue.

Let’s try simple steps and check if this helps. Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows key + R, try powercfg.cpl and press Enter.

• Click on current power plan settings and click on Change plan settings.

• Click on Change advance power settings and click on Sleep to expand.
    • Click on hibernate, settings and set the time for hibernate.
    You can also click on current power plan on top of the list to expand.

Click on required password on wake up and set it to yes.

Hope this helps. Please let us know the status.

Billion Debbarma, Mar 24, 2020
Thema:

Setting up a password for waking up my desktop?

1. Setting up a password for waking up my desktop? - Similar Threads - Setting password waking

2. Password on Wake Up not working

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Password on Wake Up not working: No matter what settings I try my computer still does not require a password on wake up from sleep. I have changed the wake up option from Never to Require password on wake up and it still never askes for a password. I've tried different time out settings on screen and sleep...
  3. Require password at wake up.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Require password at wake up.: I have Windows 10 latest update on a new Lenovo laptop. I want it to require a password when I wake it up. I have it set to sleep after 10 minutes, which it does OK. Under "sign-in options", "require-sign in", I have chosen "when PC wakes up from sleep". But, when I wake it...
  4. My desktop PC keeps waking up when I wake up my Laptop

My desktop PC keeps waking up when I wake up my Laptop: I have a desktop and laptop both running Windows 10 and are up to date . They are both on the home network. I have set each to go to sleep after 10mins. However I have just become aware that when I turn on my laptop in one room, i can hear the desktop, which is in a...
  5. Desktop will not respond to wake up.

Desktop will not respond to wake up.: Hello, I have a 27 inch HP pavilion 27-r119 AIO computer with windows 10. I just did a complete HP reset. The machine will wake up fine if only idle for a short time. Either moving the mouse or pushing a key on the keyboard wakes it up quickly. My problem only seems to be if...
  6. Password set up

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Password set up: How do i set up a password for my new laptop ? When i go into settings, it takes me to my Microsoft account and it makes me change the msoft password. I want a separate password...
  7. Setting up my Desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Setting up my Desktop: Hello, I am completely new to Windows 10. I want to keep this new laptop simple for me to use quickly for looking up things. I have the sites I generally use now on my TASKBAR. Is there a way to put them on my DESKTOP with icons so I can rename them, etc.? THANKS....
  8. Where are the settings for waking up my laptop?

Where are the settings for waking up my laptop?: I have Windows 10. When my laptop goes to sleep, the only way to wake it up is with the power button. Is there a setting to wake it up with my mouse or hitting keys?...
  9. No password after sleep wake up

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    No password after sleep wake up: hello what im after is a way to start the computer when its in sleep mode in windows 10 when im not at home so i can use a remote to assess the computer but im getting stuck when restarting asking for a password. im using task scheduler to create task to start with no problem...
  10. sleep wake up with no password

in Windows 10 Support
    sleep wake up with no password: hello what im after is a way to start the computer when its in sleep mode in windows 10 when im not at home so i can use a remote to assess the computer but im getting stuck when restarting asking for a password. im using task scheduler to create task to start with no problem...