Windows 10: Setting up a "perfect" recovery partition

Discus and support Setting up a "perfect" recovery partition in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi there, I just got a new HP Elitebook x360 1040 G5 and for once I want to do things differently and be prepared when Windows blows up. So I'd like... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ZeppelinSF, Jul 17, 2020.

1. Setting up a "perfect" recovery partition

Hi there,

I just got a new HP Elitebook x360 1040 G5 and for once I want to do things differently and be prepared when Windows blows up.

So I'd like to set up a recovery partition on the notebook's ssd that also contains a system image of the updated "mint" state (Win 10 plus all updates installed, all drivers and a few programs like Winrar & Firefox). The partition should be bootable and I'd like to also be able to create a copy on a bootable USB stick.

So if anything happens to the OS I should be able to revert quite easily without going through the driver & update hassle.

What do I need to achieve this? Any good turorials? Any tips on this?

Thanks in advance!

submitted by /u/ZeppelinSF
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ZeppelinSF, Jul 17, 2020
  2. RyoTakagi Win User

Lost recovery partition

Hello, I see that you are having issues with recovery partition. I would suggest you using the diskpart command in the command prompt. First, open up the comand prompt as an administrator, then type in diskpart. Now, type in list disk, and look for the
    recovery partition drive. Follow the steps in the link below:

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-clean-and-fo...

Hope this helps, and let me know if you have further questions! Setting up a "perfect" recovery partition :)

RyoTakagi, Jul 17, 2020
  3. Anusha Win User
    How To: Create recovery partition.

it worked when i copied all the files of the disk to the recovery partition i created, but i had to use WinPE tab to add the entry.

Type: WIM Image (Ramdisk)
    Name: Recovery
    Path: Z:\Sources\boot.wim
    and hit Add Entry
    I tried it in VirtualBox and it worked.
    At first, it would add a second "Windows 7" entry to the list, but when the installation is finished, the old one is deleted. (I formatted only C: partition)

Anusha, Jul 17, 2020
  4. Mario Tum Win User

Setting up a "perfect" recovery partition

Recovery Partition in Windows 10.0

Hello,

To create a Recovery Partition, follow the steps below:

• Click Start menu.
    • Type Recovery then choose Create a recovery drive.
    Plug in an empty USB stick and follow the instructions that will be shown on the screen.

Regards.

Mario Tum, Jul 17, 2020
Thema:

Setting up a "perfect" recovery partition

1. Setting up a "perfect" recovery partition - Similar Threads - Setting perfect recovery

2. How to hide recovery partition /set partition as recovery type after following KB5028997...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to hide recovery partition /set partition as recovery type after following KB5028997...: After getting a Windows update error 0x80070643 when trying to update my version of windows after looking online I followed the KB5028997 instructions to manually resize the portion to install the WinRE update. After doing this the recovery partition has become its own...
  3. How to hide recovery partition /set partition as recovery type after following KB5028997...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to hide recovery partition /set partition as recovery type after following KB5028997...: After getting a Windows update error 0x80070643 when trying to update my version of windows after looking online I followed the KB5028997 instructions to manually resize the portion to install the WinRE update. After doing this the recovery partition has become its own...
  4. How to hide recovery partition /set partition as recovery type after following KB5028997...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Recovery Partition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recovery Partition: Please read through to the bottom. I have 2 questions there. This is in relation to comments on threads https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unused-11gb-recovery-partition/24a7cbbe-960a-490f-b916-e07eba32281e and...
  6. Setting up a recovery disc on a hard drive partition

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Setting up a recovery disc on a hard drive partition: I would like to set up a recovery disc on a partition of my hard drive. I've already made the partition. 1. Is this something I should do? Or should I just go buy a USB drive? 2. If so, how? 134730
  7. Problem Setting Recovery Partition after Moving Partitions

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem Setting Recovery Partition after Moving Partitions: I just used Partition Magic to reconfigure my partitions as shown below: [img] The 925GB recovery partition is no longer recognised - see the reagentc reconfiguration command below: C:\WINDOWS\system32>reagentc /setreimage /path...
  8. Setting up Recovery options

in Windows 10 Support
    Setting up Recovery options: Hi everyone. I was wondering what would be the best way to set up a clean install windows 10 machine to allow for methods of repairing it in the case of being unable to login. I have had windows 7 computer not being able to boot in to windows due to specific programs and in...
  9. Messed up recovery partition

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Messed up recovery partition: Hello, I was trying to create a recovery drive for my windows but it kept giving me an error. I checked reagent/info in cmd and it turns out the windows recovery environment was disabled. I tried using the code Code: REAGENTC.EXE /setreimage /path...
  10. 4TB HDD - Windows 10 sets up perfectly

in Windows 10 Support
    4TB HDD - Windows 10 sets up perfectly: Hi there I installed a new 4 TB internal SATA HDD yesterday ( new data disk) -- Windows 10 prompted me immediately after W10 had booted (from an SSD) on boot up -- Uninitialized Disk select GUID / GPT or MBR. For HDD's > 2TB you need GPT to use full size partition....