Windows 10: Setting up a PIN for Windows 10.

Discus and support Setting up a PIN for Windows 10. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I do not want a Windows PIN. How do I get rid of this annoying startup notice for seting up a pin?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ThomasGosse, Dec 1, 2018.

1. Setting up a PIN for Windows 10.

I do not want a Windows PIN. How do I get rid of this annoying startup notice for seting up a pin?

:)

ThomasGosse, Dec 1, 2018

2. Have PIN for Windows 10 but need Windows password

Hi,

To set up a PIN on your Windows account, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Type the word pin in the search box and select
      Set up PIN sign-in

• Under the PIN section, click the
      Add
      button.

• Enter the password for your user account, then click the
      OK button.

• Follow the instructions on the screen.

Let us know how it goes.

Aileen Alf, Dec 1, 2018
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Windows 10 PIN Sign-in

Hi Pat,

It is possible that the PIN set in an earlier build does not work after reinstalling Windows 10. To better assist you, we'd like clarify few things:

• Which build and version of Windows 10 is installed on your computer?
    • Which build and version of Windows 10 are you using before reinstalling Windows?
    • Have you tried resetting your PIN?
    • Did you get any error messages after you verified the PIN you entered?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    on how you can reset your PIN.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Dec 1, 2018
  4. Setting up a PIN for Windows 10.

PIN at start up

Hi Scott,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the below steps how to Change PIN password:

• In the search box, type settings.
    • Then Click on accounts.
    • Then on the left hand side click on sign in options.
    • Then you can Select Change PIN password and remove the pin.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Dec 1, 2018
Thema:

Setting up a PIN for Windows 10.

1. Setting up a PIN for Windows 10. - Similar Threads - Setting PIN

2. How do i fix “something happened and your PIN isn’t available. Click to set up your PIN again.”

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How do i fix “something happened and your PIN isn’t available. Click to set up your PIN again.”: I’ve tried to troubleshoot with shift-reset and do it from there but i don't have advanced options available so i can’t do it. I also tried hard shut down on my pc 3 times to see if i can open a command prompt there, but it also didn't work. Not sure what to do anymore....
  3. How do i fix “something happened and your PIN isn’t available. Click to set up your PIN again.”

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i fix “something happened and your PIN isn’t available. Click to set up your PIN again.”: I’ve tried to troubleshoot with shift-reset and do it from there but i don't have advanced options available so i can’t do it. I also tried hard shut down on my pc 3 times to see if i can open a command prompt there, but it also didn't work. Not sure what to do anymore....
  4. How do i fix “something happened and your PIN isn’t available. Click to set up your PIN again.”

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Your pin is no longer available due to change in security settings after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Your pin is no longer available due to change in security settings after update: After automatic update received pin is no longer available due to a change in security settings on this device https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/your-pin-is-no-longer-available-due-to-change-in/ee5d78b8-4d05-4449-a0bd-162b824e0ed8
  6. Your pin is no longer available due to change in security settings after update

Your pin is no longer available due to change in security settings after update: After automatic update received pin is no longer available due to a change in security settings on this device https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/your-pin-is-no-longer-available-due-to-change-in/ee5d78b8-4d05-4449-a0bd-162b824e0ed8
  7. why does my settings say that my facial recognition and windows hello pin option is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why does my settings say that my facial recognition and windows hello pin option is...: when I go to settingswindows 11 > sign in options > ways to sign in, I see that my facial recognition and pin both under windows hello says that 'this option is currently unavailable. i also cannot change my pin or edit anything regarding those 2. it says 'this option is...
  8. why does my settings say that my facial recognition and windows hello pin option is...

why does my settings say that my facial recognition and windows hello pin option is...: when I go to settingswindows 11 > sign in options > ways to sign in, I see that my facial recognition and pin both under windows hello says that 'this option is currently unavailable. i also cannot change my pin or edit anything regarding those 2. it says 'this option is...
  9. How to fix “Something Happened and your PIN isn’t available. Set up new PIN now.”

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix “Something Happened and your PIN isn’t available. Set up new PIN now.”: I logged into my computer and none of my desktop apps were showing. So I followed some instructions i saw on this website and turned off startup apps and other things, then restarted my computer. Now it keeps saying “Something happened and your pin isn’t available. Set up...
  10. How to fix “Something Happened and your PIN isn’t available. Set up new PIN now.”

How to fix “Something Happened and your PIN isn’t available. Set up new PIN now.”: I logged into my computer and none of my desktop apps were showing. So I followed some instructions i saw on this website and turned off startup apps and other things, then restarted my computer. Now it keeps saying “Something happened and your pin isn’t available. Set up...