Windows 10: Setting up a printer with windows 10

Discus and support Setting up a printer with windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So I have a HP Envy5544 all in one printer. Today Microsoft spent over an hour troubleshooting and setting up my computer to use the printer with my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BrianCurless, Apr 16, 2021.

1. Setting up a printer with windows 10

So I have a HP Envy5544 all in one printer. Today Microsoft spent over an hour troubleshooting and setting up my computer to use the printer with my laptop. No sooner than we disconnected from their remote work, my laptop went offline and now I cant use it again. I get a message that I cant put printed or scanned documents in the requested folder.

So which folder am I supposed to save my stuff to? Somebody please help.

:)

BrianCurless, Apr 16, 2021

2. Windows 10 Sets Last Printer Used As Default Printer

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the printer settings and check if it helps.

• In the search box, type as “settings”.
    • Go to “settings” and select “devices”.
    • Click on “printers and scanners” option on the left hand side.
    • You will find all your printers listed on the screen, below that there is an option
      “Let Windows manage my default printer”.
    • I suggest you to turn “OFF” the option “When turned on, the default printer is the last used printer”.
    • Now check whether you can choose the other printers or not.
    Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Apr 16, 2021
  3. how do i change disconnected setting to connected setting on my printer

Hi Robert,

I suggest you to run the Printer Troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• In Search window type Troubleshooting and click on it to open it.
    • Click on Hardware and Sound.
    • Then click on Printer to run the troubleshooter. Follow onscreen steps.
    I suggest you to try the steps provided in the link below and check if it helps. It helps in checking settings, installing drivers and identifying and fixing the printer issues.

Fix printer problems: Fix printer problems

Hope this helps in resolving the issue with the Printer. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Apr 16, 2021
  4. Setting up a printer with windows 10

Printer

Hi Brenda,

Thank you for using Windows 10.

I suggest you to use these steps and check:

• Press Windows/Start key.
    • Type Devices and Printers and then tap or click Devices and Printers.
    • Press and hold or right-click the printer you want to use, and then tap or click
      Set as default printer.
    Let us know if you need more information and we'll be glad to assist.

Navneet Anand, Apr 16, 2021
Thema:

Setting up a printer with windows 10

1. Setting up a printer with windows 10 - Similar Threads - Setting printer

2. I have printers setup that list when I print, but do not show up in the Printer Settings...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have printers setup that list when I print, but do not show up in the Printer Settings...: First of all, why is that? I have multiple instances of printers setup because Microsoft won't allow access to print dialogs through a Word object another argument for another day. So I set up different printers essentially print queues, one that duplexs automatically and one...
  3. I have printers setup that list when I print, but do not show up in the Printer Settings...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have printers setup that list when I print, but do not show up in the Printer Settings...: First of all, why is that? I have multiple instances of printers setup because Microsoft won't allow access to print dialogs through a Word object another argument for another day. So I set up different printers essentially print queues, one that duplexs automatically and one...
  4. Excel Worksheet will not print in color; my printer is set up for color.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Excel Worksheet will not print in color; my printer is set up for color.: My Excel worksheet will not print out in color for the cells that show up in color. My printer and the worksheet parameters are set for color. What am I missing?...
  5. Excel Worksheet will not print in color; my printer is set up for color.

Excel Worksheet will not print in color; my printer is set up for color.: My Excel worksheet will not print out in color for the cells that show up in color. My printer and the worksheet parameters are set for color. What am I missing?...
  6. trying to set up a Brother model 2710 printer we got everything up except the fax mech....

trying to set up a Brother model 2710 printer we got everything up except the fax mech....: I am trying to get my faxing system up and running but to tell the truth about it I know zero about these things. so I have a Brother model 2710 scanner,Printer,copier,fax mech. and everything is wireless and it's all and running except my faxing system which is builted into...
  7. trying to set up a Brother model 2710 printer we got everything up except the fax mech....

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    trying to set up a Brother model 2710 printer we got everything up except the fax mech....: I am trying to get my faxing system up and running but to tell the truth about it I know zero about these things. so I have a Brother model 2710 scanner,Printer,copier,fax mech. and everything is wireless and it's all and running except my faxing system which is builted into...
  8. trying to set up a Brother model 2710 printer we got everything up except the fax mech....

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. How can I set up a thermal printer to print the shipping label off a packing slip?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I set up a thermal printer to print the shipping label off a packing slip?: An old computer at work was able to do this but I can't examine it anymore to figure it out. Basically, we get orders and are given a packing slip to put into the package, and on the same sheet is a prepaid shipping label. We can print the packing slip from a normal printer,...
  10. How can I set up a thermal printer to print the shipping label off a packing slip?

How can I set up a thermal printer to print the shipping label off a packing slip?: An old computer at work was able to do this but I can't examine it anymore to figure it out. Basically, we get orders and are given a packing slip to put into the package, and on the same sheet is a prepaid shipping label. We can print the packing slip from a normal printer,...