Windows 10: Setting up a recovery disc on a hard drive partition

Discus and support Setting up a recovery disc on a hard drive partition in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I would like to set up a recovery disc on a partition of my hard drive. I've already made the partition. 1. Is this something I should do? Or should I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by tollbooth, Jun 13, 2019.

1. tollbooth Win User

Setting up a recovery disc on a hard drive partition

I would like to set up a recovery disc on a partition of my hard drive. I've already made the partition.

1. Is this something I should do? Or should I just go buy a USB drive?

2. If so, how?

:)

tollbooth, Jun 13, 2019
  2. vnktrmn Win User

Wiped hard drive partitions keep coming back on Win10 Recovery disc

Thanks all for taking the time to review my case.

I guess my description was misleading.

I meant I am unable to wipe hard drive`s partitions. Not the virtual drive ones.

Step 1 - Boot error on normal startup saying a recent hardware or software change could be the cause

Step 2 - Repair disc. Attempts to do startup repair but fails saying it could not do so.

Step 3 - New OS installation. On partition delete, I attempted to delete existing partitions. Fails with message we couuldn`t format the drive.

Step 4 - Launched command prompt repair and attempted clean. Though t says clean is successful, contents are still undeleted.

Step 5 - Used partition manager within recovery cd, to format the hard drive of my tab. (32gb). Format says successful but the contents on hard drive came back.

Step 6 - tried to convert partitions to MBR. No luck. Same issue.

I am able to read my hard drive contents through to command prompt. So I am presuming no hard drive crash.

Also virtual ccd works fine. So no processor issue I guess.

I am damned for now unable to figure ouit what is the issue.

vnktrmn, Jun 13, 2019
  3. W1zzard Win User
    W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Jun 13, 2019
  4. Msap14 Win User

Hard Drive Data Recovery

got a laptop pata hard drive that makes a slight constant clicking noise. hard drive is more than likely dead/dying right... i can see that partitions of the hard drive in disk management and i can see the partitions in my computer but i can't get to any of the data.

any suggestions?

Msap14, Jun 13, 2019
Thema:

1. Setting up a recovery disc on a hard drive partition - Similar Threads - Setting recovery disc

2. Partitioning a Hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Partitioning a Hard drive: Hi, I recently installed a new HDD and was hoping to create a partition in order to keep my programs separated for organisation reasons. If anybody knows how to create a hard drive partition in windows 11 then I would appreciate the help a lot thanks. x...
  3. Partitioning Hard drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Partitioning Hard drive: My hard disk performance is reduced drastically. Will partion help to increase performance. My pc is old and so hard disk. I only use it to store video files and other data....
  4. Setting up a "perfect" recovery partition

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Setting up a "perfect" recovery partition: Hi there, I just got a new HP Elitebook x360 1040 G5 and for once I want to do things differently and be prepared when Windows blows up. So I'd like to set up a recovery partition on the notebook's ssd that also contains a system image of the updated "mint" state (Win 10...
  5. Hard drive partitions

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hard drive partitions: I cloned my 1TB hard drive to my 4TB hard drive and there are 2 unallocated sotrage I can allocate one but I can't do anything with the other they are at C: 930.94GB G: 1116.49GB leaving me with 1678.02GB that I can't allocate or merge with any of the other 2 or merge all 3...
  6. Recovery partitions not recovery DRIVE

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recovery partitions not recovery DRIVE: I am working on a Toshiba laptop which my sister bought used with Win 8.0. The software was unfixable so I reinstalled 8.0 from a recovery drive I created with the Win 8.0 system. I then installed Win 8.1 from a microsoft store download and then installed Win 10 after...
  7. Hard disc drive

Hard disc drive: how do I access this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hard-disc-drive/c22b4328-29eb-4520-8d3c-b63f5b5a27e7"
  8. Regarding Hard Disc Drive Partition

Regarding Hard Disc Drive Partition: Hi Team, I just bought this Lenovo 330 i3 7th Gen laptop, which comes with pre-installed genuine windows 10 and doesn't come with a DVD Drive. so when I opened the laptop and chose all the languages and things I saw that in my "This PC" option there was already a "C drive"...
  9. partitioning hard drive

in Windows 10 Support
    partitioning hard drive: hi all this is a question about GPT UEFI and LEGACY partitions if I install in legacy mode on a 1 TB drive with no partitions will my laptop run ok I dont understand why GPT gives 4 partitions and I dont understand UEFI please explain all 3 options. many thanks to all that...
  10. Wiped hard drive partitions keep coming back on Win10 Recovery disc

in Windows 10 Support
    Wiped hard drive partitions keep coming back on Win10 Recovery disc: Hi All, My scenario is complicated. But if someone can suggest something, I owe you the return favor. I have a micromax canvas laptab LT666W that runs Win 10. I started getting boot error where in it does not boot First, I tried with recovery disc which did not...